Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fun open world PVP last night

-Dench

Besides Ilum, what are some of the more populated areas for people to stir up some world pvp? It's annoying to travel to random places, just in an attempt to stir up some world pvp. Half the time I dont really find anything worthwhile, and im not on a low pop server. Posts like this are a breath of fresh air aside from all the QQ going on in forums.

Well like our friend from The Republic said, they had double agents, and people to stir up activity in multiple spots. The Republic is a HUGE guild on the rep side of Ven Zallow, well known and respected for PVP. They are just the type of guild that you would want to get in touch with in order to begin to organize PVP in places other than Ilum or WZ's.

Ahh. One more underskilled player detected.. Firghtened to match your level, huh?

Ah! Insult me for having a suggestion huh? That's cool.

I haven't done it myself, but I understand why people do it - it draws out players/guildmates/alts that WILL present a challenge. I've answered the cries for help of several of my guildmates.

Personally, I dislike greifing, which I feel this is...but it's not like Bioware has given a flip about PvP in this game, so I certainly don't fault these guys for trying to start some of their own.

As I suggested, if you dislike PvP, there are PvE servers.

Ahh. One more underskilled player detected.. Firghtened to match your level, huh?

Keep in mind that in the beginning of our assault, we actually gave the Empire characters a chance to live (even level 50s). All they had to do was surrender and not attack us - hence the "you are under arrest" lines, etc. Fortunately for us, they resisted arrest :p

I actually think OPvP like this gives the lower levels a chance to take part, because once the 50s arrive, the lower levels were just an afterthought and were able to participate without being focused down. 25% of our operations group were below level 50 and they probably had a fair share too.

I didnt notice any griefing really going on. Sure, the outpost that the Reps had a closed Catina for all intents and purposes but it was easily avoidable.

When we rolled into outpost Thorazan, the speeder post was closed for about 15 mins. Is that greifing? Eh, not really. the entire base was a temporary WZ. I didn't see anyone complaining about it in chat.

You guys have to realise that we roll on a PVP server. Players expect to be killed by higher level toons. Also, even when there are level 50's specifically killing low level toons on places like Nar Shaddaa and Tat, its short lived. Its rare to see a 50 be so disruptive that its an awful experience for the lower level victims.

Getting killed in open world is apart of our server. Some people are worse then others, but either way its not a problem.

Pfff... Thats because you are lazy..

Just gather group of 2-3 or more players and go to the any planet.. For example Aldaraan or Hoth..

Seize the spaceport and begin harrasing the low-levels and they certainly will cry for help (even at Fleet..) Backup will come..

Have fun..

Thanks for comin in here and trying to kill the buzz with your 3 negative posts. Go away troll, you lost my respect and get my personal **** YOU. Go away to the pve server you belong on.

Thanks for comin in here and trying to kill the buzz with your 3 negative posts. Go away troll, you lost my respect and get my personal **** YOU. Go away to the pve server you belong on.

Thats very impolite to call people trolls when you are out of arguments..

Are you kidding? /s is say - It's limited to like a 30m range. Good luck organizing with that.

Server 'groups' are not the same thing as server forums. My server is my community, not the 'group' we're lumped into.

Having already organized several PvP events of my own against a friendly Imp guild, I agree, they were great fun. Just because I didn't post a recap of what I've done, doesn't mean I haven't done it myself.

This game lacks even the most basic and minimal tools that, I feel, are needed to make this happen more often - cross faction chat (/w) and cross faction friends lists. I've given it time, this game isn't exactly growing any longer mate. Bioware doesn't have 12 months to fix their mistakes and lack of basic tools that foster a community.

Please don't overlook or dismiss the current barriers Bioware has in place, it's really not acceptable and they don't have the time you seem to think they have.

Good luck on your blueprint.

Well, I can tell that you're upset about what the game offers, that is fine and I don't blame you. Peronally I enjoy what the game has to offer so far and yes, a /w to the other faction makes sense and yes we should be able to have opposite factions on a friend list, or their legacy on a friends list. I believe that tracking players by their legacy will come in the not-too-distant future though.

I guess I just don't feel that the lack of these features creates a barrier for me. Those things would make talking to the Republic players a little bit easier for planning this, but I can just log onto my Republic toon to do that, so I don't really feel limited by a couple of features that are lacking.

As far as the range on /s, I don't see that as an issue at all. During the event everyone's going to be watching the matches so we'll all be within range to chat. Everyone will know who's going first, 2nd etc... there will be a schedule that's pretty easy to follow and I aim to not have anyone standing around at any time thinking "What should I be doing?"

Hopefully the features you desire are added to the game, but I feel that a majority of players consider those particular options that you mentioned, not all that important to them. It may make sense to you and I, but even something as small as being able to /s to the "enemy" is a concept that some players are completely against. I believe that kind of mindset from the playerbase is the biggest hurdle we face when it comes to getting these features.

Well, I can tell that you're upset about what the game offers, that is fine and I don't blame you. Peronally I enjoy what the game has to offer so far and yes, a /w to the other faction makes sense and yes we should be able to have opposite factions on a friend list, or their legacy on a friends list. I believe that tracking players by their legacy will come in the not-too-distant future though.

I guess I just don't feel that the lack of these features creates a barrier for me. Those things would make talking to the Republic players a little bit easier for planning this, but I can just log onto my Republic toon to do that, so I don't really feel limited by a couple of features that are lacking.

As far as the range on /s, I don't see that as an issue at all. During the event everyone's going to be watching the matches so we'll all be within range to chat. Everyone will know who's going first, 2nd etc... there will be a schedule that's pretty easy to follow and I aim to not have anyone standing around at any time thinking "What should I be doing?"

Hopefully the features you desire are added to the game, but I feel that a majority of players consider those particular options that you mentioned, not all that important to them. It may make sense to you and I, but even something as small as being able to /s to the "enemy" is a concept that some players are completely against. I believe that kind of mindset from the playerbase is the biggest hurdle we face when it comes to getting these features.

Not upset...just frustrated. I love the game and I still have plenty to do, we run 16 man Ops every Saturday as a guild (and turn away players), so we're doing better than most guilds. We have done organized PvP away from Ilum as well - it was just a bit of a cluster **edit** with people switching to alts to try to organize the simplest things...which is why my list includes things that "I" would find beneficial. You're right though...very few people would, so I doubt it's high on their priority list.

I just wish that 1.2 wasn't a major step backwards for PvP in this game. PvP is by far my preferred activity...warzones are not PvP imo. Ilum at least resembled it, despite the tremendous amount of flaws it has/had.

Edited by TUXs

Ilum seems to be on its way out, even in a pre 1.2 game world. This is a great thing. We all know Ilum is a hot mess. Possibly one of the hottest messes we’ve seen in gaming in a while. Either way, the player base, at least on my server has made me a very happy player.

I play on Ven Zallow with is a RP-PVP server. My guild, “New England Bay” does not RP, but we do just about everything else. We were able to take part in one awesome event last night.

Oh hello, this is Napoleans from the guild The Republic. We were the guild that actually initiated this world pvp event, i'm glad you guys responded to our person we sent to imperial fleet to bait you guys over =). Good fighting.

You all can see some of the mayhem here

And here

The guild, The Republic, is known for it's world pvp habits and events it has. It really is up to the community rather than waiting around for a game company to "fix" issues. I plan on making more spur of the moments off the cuff events like this in the near future besides our weekly Ilum event.

Trepublic.guildlaunch.com * http://www.youtube.com/user/TRguild1

Oh hello, this is Napoleans from the guild The Republic. We were the guild that actually initiated this world pvp event, i'm glad you guys responded to our person we sent to imperial fleet to bait you guys over =). Good fighting.

And here

The guild, The Republic, is known for it's world pvp habits and events it has. It really is up to the community rather than waiting around for a game company to "fix" issues. I plan on making more spur of the moments off the cuff events like this in the near future besides our weekly Ilum event.

Awesome to see this happening on my server! I see your guildies in pvp often, next time you do an event like this let Honor Guard know! We are always down to clown.

Matic

Honor Guard

Ven Zallow

And here

Hello! Good to see you also! another name I recognize. I have signed up on your forums, and I have invited Tanerin and anyone else that would like to come in to discuss future plans for events like this.

Please stop by our teamspeak 3 server sometime and/or register with our forum so we can stay in touch better.

Lets keep this thing going! the imperials, my guild and everyone on Tat was thrilled about last night. I think we can keep going!

newenglandbay.com

-Dench

Awesome to see this happening on my server! I see your guildies in pvp often, next time you do an event like this let Honor Guard know! We are always down to clown.

Matic

Honor Guard

Ven Zallow

Same for you Matic! Come on by, lets get down to brass tacks and organize some events!

Edited by -Dench

And here

Just showed this to all the New England Bay guys that ran this last night, they are getting a super kick out of it! :D

Thanks again!

I just realised that I'm the guy targeted at the start of the video :p

Edited by -Dench

Not upset...just frustrated. I love the game and I still have plenty to do, we run 16 man Ops every Saturday as a guild (and turn away players), so we're doing better than most guilds. We have done organized PvP away from Ilum as well - it was just a bit of a cluster **edit** with people switching to alts to try to organize the simplest things...which is why my list includes things that "I" would find beneficial. You're right though...very few people would, so I doubt it's high on their priority list.

I just wish that 1.2 wasn't a major step backwards for PvP in this game. PvP is by far my preferred activity...warzones are not PvP imo. Ilum at least resembled it, despite the tremendous amount of flaws it has/had.

What's annoying/frustrating is that what Tuxs is saying here are basic social mechanics that any MMO should have... this is a beautiful game that is being unnecessarily hampered severely by some misguided obsession that BW has with restricting and controlling where everyone goes and what they do. If they just removed some of the travel/moving-around-a-planet restrictions and implemented some of these very simple social enabling tools between factions this would be a much funner game.

For anyone who played SWG, this sort of impromptu OWPVP was the norm not the exception, and that's because there were no travel nor communication restrictions at all (among other things, like quick travel mechanics, player cities and bases, etc.).

And what's worse is that these implementations are not major projects...compared to the amount of man hours that they just put in to revamping WZs (which IMO is not going to bring back the fleeing PVPers), what Tux and other suggest would represent a drop in the bucket in man hours. In other words, this would be the best bang for their programming buck, but they are investing in the wrong direction with 1.2 :(

Anyways, kudos to the OP and all involved for pulling off an event like this! Good luck with doing more of these...I would love to see how these turn out and learn some tricks to use on our server.

hey guys, we had some PVP prep time at fleet:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/discodench/Screenshot_2012-04-10_22_12_22_308596.jpg

What do you guys think about our technique?

Nothing like a spontaneous rave on the fleet, to get your synapsis firing ;)

You guys should try doing some half-naked WZs sometime, they can be VERY entertaining.

I hear ya there, and I'm glad we see eye-to-eye on the topic of what is/isn't a "necessary" feature, that it's all subject to opinion and majority wins.

With the years of grinding BGs in Wow, I think that a lot of people have begun to think that instanced battles are PVP and that almost everything else is not PVP. Peronsally I don't think that way, but I also have an extremely broad view on PVP and consider silly things like racing someone to an armament can be considered PVP for the sole fact that you're trying to "beat someone to the objective"

Because I catagorize trying to beat another player at something/anything, I normally never feel like "there's not enough PVP" but it's all about perspective in my opinion.

I will miss Ilum until it's revamped. I really wish that all the servers could have had what Firkann had until they changed the daily/weekly to make it not required to be there. For about a month and a half, we had daily fights there, great fights that were normally quite balanced. We are and have been low pop for a long time now, but we had the right a mount of PVP'ers on both side to make 20v20 fairly common there, generally a few times a week. The fights were laggy of course, but we all had fun and only a few people felt like they "couldn't play" because of it.

Edited by Nukor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.