Marking Healers

SirRowdy

Nothing wrong with target marking.

Sounds like you allowed your healer to continuously get plowed over and over while you and/or your group mindlessly went for kills with your horse blinders on.... of course your healer quit. If you want your healer to keep playing, I strongly suggest you assist them, thus allowing them to properly heal the group. Guard AND taunts will keep your healer alive. CC and peel. Etc...

When people cry about how overpowered and immortal healers are, its when they're properly getting protected by the rest of their team.

Oh how I wish I could clone you and have people with that logic on my team!

Dps run away from heals, don't notice me being smashed RIGHT BESIDE THEM, Refuse to help me out when I'm being swamped. Then they complain they aren't getting heals.

Now I only pvp when I am in a good mood/don't care mood. Otherwise I just get frustrated.

P.s. It's amazing how many people I can take with me down into the pits in Huttball and distract them from our Ball Carrier!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the practice is disgusting and borderline if not full-on griefing... call them out by all means, but marking them is just low... I don't do it and I won't participate in it and anyone who does is downright pathetic.

Then again, it seems like all of the dregs from other games have congregated here in SWTOR... so I'm not surprised this is so common. Luckily most of them have already left to go ruin other games I guess... can't wait to hear all the crying the first couple weeks of GW2 release...

The way I see it, target marking, in general, is good for PvP, but there are some things that I think should be changed:

• The size of the mark should not scale with distance. You should not see giant marks from half way across the map. The mark should be no larger than the nameplate at all times.
  • The mark should not persist through death. You should have to remark the target after each respawn.

This would only be reasonable if you could mark players with a hotkey or a hotbar action.

Lol is this a serious thread? Healers should be the #1 targets to take out.

If you rolled a Healer and you have a problem being targetted well you really didn't think at all did you?

What a laugh.

It isn't a problem with being targeted. It is the problem of having a huge raid mark on you that can be seen across the entire map and can many times be seen through LOS. It makes finding/targeting/keeping track of healers easier.

It isn't a problem with being targeted. It is the problem of having a huge raid mark on you that can be seen across the entire map and can many times be seen through LOS. It makes finding/targeting/keeping track of healers easier.

It makes finding/targeting/keeping track of a target easier?

REALLY?

That can't be how Target Markers are intended to function!

It makes finding/targeting/keeping track of a target easier?

REALLY?

That can't be how Target Markers are intended to function!

i think you misunderstand more then you are trying to be a e-tough guy...

as a healer... i hid behind a pillar its funny that most of the team will know where you are because the mark shows thru the pillar. even if i hind behind one of the boxes in voidstar.. i can be seen... i will instantly have 3 guys on me.

to all the guys saying well run away.. LOL

so if i 'RUN AWAY'... my job as a healer is pointless isnt it?

they will focus down my whole team and i will be the only person left alive.

I know what he is talking about too the OP. the minute you jump out of the spawn area I usually have 2-3 guys on me. Heck I even tried jumping down behind the box to see if i can sneak away.. nope im met anyway, they can see the mark behind the box.

there is NO LOSing for a healer. stun, snares and roots take care of all that.

if a dps follows you around a pole like ring around the rosies then he is just plain stupid. 2 guys can go in opposite directions and stun you. there is NO LOSING when you are targetting by 2 or more... so that argument is MOOT.

a class like sentinal has tons of interupts... i can try to heal thru damage right? impossible when you are the only healer. if there is another healer... you can only hope that he helps. but if he stops for a sec you are dead.

the bad part of marking is not the fact you get targetted...

the bad part is even if you try to avoid by hiding or LOSing... it makes that impossible.

you should NOT be able to see a mark thru a wall or box or pillar.

i believe that is what the true problem with the marking system.

if you deny that then the future of gamers is in deep trouble. because then you are just trolling and want to argue about eveyrthing.

"The person I'm fighting's health keeps going up. Take a glance around and see a person casting heals."

Whether or not you are marked, you're a high value target. Plain and simple.

And if I go in with a premade, we mark every player so we can just say shield/star/gun when picking our targets.

Edited by Rynis

"The person I'm fighting's health keeps going up. Take a glance around and see a person casting heals." This is fine... its being aware of your surroundings

Whether or not you are marked, you're a high value target. Plain and simple.

And if I go in with a premade, we mark every player so we can just say shield/star/gun when picking our targets.This is not fine... its terrible players exploiting a broken system to grief other players...

My thoughts...

Edited by Iboga

it bad as opposed to:

-people playing on a voice server calling out targets

-designated one player and hitting alt+ t and focus firing

-for a group to see the guy that stands still with cast bars always over his head.

correct me if im wrong but theres also:

guard

taunt

aoe stuns

aoe knockbacks

direct heals

heals over time

damage shields

pulls

pushes

aoe

to protect the healer...

Marking Healers in PvP I think is bad over all , Our healer stoped playing Healer because of it . He says if feels like Grief killing . He pokes his head out and Bam 6 ppl on him instantly, We need ppl to want to play healers.

Marker or No Marker. A team that doesnt consist of degenerate ewoks will still be attracted to you're healers like fly's are to rotting meat.

Maybe you should start another thread about how people are greifing the ball handler in huttball!

WAIT WHAT I CAN TAUNT IN PVP!?!?!?!?!

Edited by HurrDurrCur

My thoughts...

I see where you're coming from. But if we had marks or not we call out our targets and focus them down. Marking just makes it easier than saying "Get on Darth Bananaman"...I can just say "Star"

I see where you're coming from. But if we had marks or not we call out our targets and focus them down. Marking just makes it easier than saying "Get on Darth Bananaman"...I can just say "Star"

I dunno. I think that being organized in a pug or premade and calling targets out is fine... but marking people just takes all of the skill and organization out of it and turns it into faceroll on star, etc... just not a skillful way to get the job accomplished... again, it's my opinion... BW may be fine with this, but I expect it wasn't an intended function of the marking system, though I could be wrong.

I dunno. I think that being organized in a pug or premade and calling targets out is fine... but marking people just takes all of the skill and organization out of it and turns it into faceroll on star, etc... just not a skillful way to get the job accomplished... again, it's my opinion... BW may be fine with this, but I expect it wasn't an intended function of the marking system, though I could be wrong.

well its not even just that... but its also the big bullseye on the healers back where he can do nothing about...

he cant hide from it. he cant do anything because the symbol is so damn huge and obvious... when my dpser dies and im jumping down from my spawn.. i see him from far away and know exactly who to attack...

this is gives a HUGE unfair advantage to the healer he cant even hide behind a rock or a box to hide that symbol a little...

this to me is the biggest complaint.. .not the fact of being focused.. that is expected.

As if a mark really means much, any good player knows what a healer is...

Not to mention you can use the little targetting device tool that is sold on the social vendors. I use it ALL the time to mark targets in PvP. Its not a huge mark but they definitely stand out, and I scream to the PUG, "assist on the %%#%%# marked target"

I think the marking is fine but I don't think you should be able to see the mark from so far away. You should need to be within 40 yards or something.

As it stands currently, marking players gives you some information that you CANNOT have access to without the mark. It isn't picking the guy out from the crowd in a brawl at the voidstar door that's a big deal, we can see the names and target the healer anyway.

But I shouldn't be able to hop down from my huttball spawn and know that one of the marked healers is 120 yards ahead and to my left. I should need to get a visual on a player to know where they are.

At its extreme, it'd be like bringing up your map during a WZ and having all the enemy player locations marked too, not just your friends.

I LOVE BEING MARKED!

No seriously it is very comical dragging 4 players down into the pit in huttball wasting about 30+ seconds of all their time while my team scores.

The 2nd best part is after they score a couple of my team mates come and peel them off me while i escape and heal the next ball carrier through.

Tanks should be helping healers, it gets problematic in pugs though. Learn to stay within 15 meters of your tank when you can and los when you cant and healers will take very little damage. A tank can reduce the damage a healer is taking by 80 percent during burst phases, if the enemy is so focused on you they will chase you forever then there should not be a problem for the rest of the team to win the warzone while they chase you around. Edited by Sharn-

I LOVE BEING MARKED!

No seriously it is very comical dragging 4 players down into the pit in huttball wasting about 30+ seconds of all their time while my team scores.

if 4 guys cant burn you down in less then 30 seconds then they are sad.. you should be dead in less then 15 seconds if 4 are chasing you.

The 2nd best part is after they score a couple of my team mates come and peel them off me while i escape and heal the next ball carrier through.

seriously playing a pug then...

im in blue

Tanks should be helping healers, it gets problematic in pugs though. Learn to stay within 15 meters of your tank when you can and los when you cant and healers will take very little damage. A tank can reduce the damage a healer is taking by 80 percent during burst phases, if the enemy is so focused on you they will chase you forever then there should not be a problem for the rest of the team to win the warzone while they chase you around.

always easy when you theorize.. watch...here is a good example...

knock guardian away from healer... stun guardian.. stun healer... focus healer.. he be dead... gee see how easy it is to sound like a pro....

LOL anybody can come up with any situation.

-_-

Let me ask all of you healers something.

You can answer truthfully, or make the point of this thread even more invalid by answering non-truthfully.

Is being LOS'd by someone you're trying to heal annoying?

Let me ask all of you dps something.

Is being LOS'd by someone you're trying to kill (especially someone that can go back to full health if they get 3-4 seconds of a break) annoying?

/end_entire_discussion

Tell you all what.

If LOS is removed from the game, and tab fixed, they can remove marks.

If a healer is butthurt because he can't heal people, they're a REALLY bad healer.

It doesn't even have to do with the skill to get away or get out of sticky situations.

The reason they are a REALLY bad healer is because they went into that role not knowing something that almost ALL pvp'ers know.

Kill.

The.

Healer.

A healer can LOS around a piller and be back at full health.

You want marks removed?

Too bad.

When you can no longer LOS, I'll vote for marks to be removed.

You don't get to LOS and disappear, you get to die and whine.

Edit:

I will provide all of you healers with a helpful tip.

This discussion has progressed outside of Marks.

Either:

a) You don't like the current assortment of marks currently in the game (boooo that target is sooo ugly!!!)

or

b) You're whining about getting focused and curb stomped, but instead of simply say that you'd like to say "I'm dying because people can see me through walls!"

This isn't an FPS.

No one can SHOOT you through walls.

Who cares if they can see you.

If you weren't meant to be seen, you're an operative.

If you're being seen as an operative while not healing, you're not in stealth.

Edited by Zamm

I am playing since I started the game on December a healer. My SI is rank 80 and I only play PvP after I finish work and get back home.

I know that I am marked every time that I enter the WZ, but it doesn't bother me, yes some times they kill me 8 to 10 times in a single Warzone, but some times I see myself kitting 2 - 3 ppl for a minute, even more, while my team scores - which is again a nice thing.

As one of the guys before me wrote - u have to use LoS and to know what ability when to pop it. Its not that hard after all.

Marking the healer is part of the game, so let them mark, we'll still heal and do our best to escape.