OP's OP WITH STUN / KILL

Coolroc

I already know the haters will discount this but.

NO class should be able to keep you stunned fully until your dead. The only class i know that can do this is Ops.

They come in stun you hit you like 4 or 5 times with that stupid move they have that does too much damage then your dead.

Even if you trinket out of it they just re stun you instantly and hit you 1 or 2 more times and your dead. My character on pvp server has battle master gear and the tier below it. I know how to play my class but I am coming accross every ops player that does the same thing.

All I am saying is No class of character should be able to keep you totally stunned until you are dead like that.

Example Is when your at Ilum doing your dailys / weeklys. You go for a armament and you get stunned and before you even get a chance to click your trinket to free yourself they have hit you 3 times and you lost over 3/4 of your health. I have over 16k health so that tells you the damage it does. You hit the trinket you get instantly stunned again and 1 - 2 more hits your dead. That's just stupid and it needs to be nerfed.

That's my 2cents worth. Those that agree know how i feel. Those that don't agree are probably the Ops players that love their being able to do this with out being challenged.

Have a Nice Day.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO class should be able to keep you stunned fully until your dead. The only class i know that can do this is Ops.

They come in stun you hit you like 4 or 5 times with that stupid move they have that does too much damage then your dead.

Even if you trinket out of it they just re stun you instantly and hit you 1 or 2 more times and your dead. My character on pvp server has battle master gear and the tier below it. I know how to play my class but I am coming accross every ops player that does the same thing.

All I am saying is No class of character should be able to keep you totally stunned until you are dead like that.

Example Is when your at Ilum doing your dailys / weeklys. You go for a armament and you get stunned and before you even get a chance to click your trinket to free yourself they have hit you 3 times and you lost over 3/4 of your health. I have over 16k health so that tells you the damage it does. You hit the trinket you get instantly stunned again and 1 - 2 more hits your dead. That's just stupid and it needs to be nerfed.

That's my 2cents worth. Those that agree know how i feel. Those that don't agree are probably the Ops players that love their being able to do this with out being challenged.

Have a Nice Day.

Your 2 cents is worthless.

I couldn't take anything you said seriously after I saw this. "like 4 or 5 times with that stupid move that does too much damage". I can see that you've never even attempted to understand how Ops work. Ever. Not even asked.

NONE of their highest damage moves can be used that many times. Only one can be used up to twice in a row on the same target.

Their initial stun is 1.5 seconds. That's 1 ability they can use after opening due to the global cooldown. If they stun you again, they can only use 3 more max before the stun is over, because it's a 4 second stun.

Please, roll an Op/Scoundrel and make an attempt to understand what's happening before you come to the forums with claims instead of questions.

Where did you get a trinket that frees you from stuns?

I'm confused.

I say trinket but thought most would realize the get your self free button we all have. I came from playing world of warcraft and think of it as trinket / every man for himself ability for human class.

operatives can only "stun" you for a total of 5.5 seconds. Other classes can stun for a longer duration, and can kill you faster. I'm a fully geared bm operative and I've been killed in ONE stun duration from a pyrotech. that's 16k hp with 12.11% damage reduction gone in 4 seconds.

Yet, BW nerfs operatives.. now tell me who's OP

Have a Nice Day.

Sorry, but learn to play :/

It used to be common knowledge that if you were hit by an Operative or Scoundrel, you should immediately pop your CC breaker and defensive cooldowns.

Since they were nerfed beyond oblivion, now the optimal time to use your CC breaker is when they hit you with the hard 4 second stun. So if you get hit by an operative/scoundrel just wait out the shoot first/hidden strike that plants you on your face. It's only a 1.5 second stun now. Once you're up from that try popping your defensive cooldowns and running away/fighting him. If he hits you with the nut kick/stab that hard stuns you for 4 seconds then hit your CC breaker then

If an operative can stunlock you to death you're a 10k hp level 50 sorcerer.

There is NO other explanation for this, and that is WITHOUT your cc breaker.

Also, resolve bar is full after about 1 and 1/5th of a stun.

These are my 20000 cents, ******.

I couldn't take anything you said seriously after I saw this. "like 4 or 5 times with that stupid move that does too much damage". I can see that you've never even attempted to understand how Ops work. Ever. Not even asked.

NONE of their highest damage moves can be used that many times. Only one can be used up to twice in a row on the same target.

Their initial stun is 1.5 seconds. That's 1 ability they can use after opening due to the global cooldown. If they stun you again, they can only use 3 more max before the stun is over, because it's a 4 second stun.

Please, roll an Op/Scoundrel and make an attempt to understand what's happening before you come to the forums with claims instead of questions.

Well I understand where your coming from. I never played one before and really have no plan on doing so. But whats that move they have that they hit you with the butt of their gun or something like that. Makes a Distinct sound when they hit you. Well that is what I am talking about. You get stunned they hit you 2 or 3 times and by the time i get unstunned i have already lost about 3/4 of my health. Having just over 16k divided by 4 thats 3 4k hits. well it may not be exactly 4k but it's close.

I know right? I can't believe bioware didn't put cooldowns on their melee skills or give them some kind of resource to manage. BW could have at least not made them immune to the global cool down. They can just pop out of stealth and BAM! 12 knife attacks land in that first 1.5 second knockdown. Then if you're still alive they stun you for 4 more seconds, unload twice as much damage and then they can vanish and start all over again. And to top it off they're laughing the whole time.

Operatives are ruining the game and teams of them are one of the top reasons for population decline in the game. Noone would blame you if you quit too.

I don't have an op... but you're not playing right if you're getting stunlocked to death.

Also, do the ops hit you right after you finish a fight with someone else?

I'm trying to understand how you're getting derped by ops, even as they are on live. I'm in primarily champ (with some BM) gear and don't have that problem, I play powertech AP/Pyro.

Well I understand where your coming from. I never played one before and really have no plan on doing so. But whats that move they have that they hit you with the butt of their gun or something like that. Makes a Distinct sound when they hit you. Well that is what I am talking about. You get stunned they hit you 2 or 3 times and by the time i get unstunned i have already lost about 3/4 of my health. Having just over 16k divided by 4 thats 3 4k hits. well it may not be exactly 4k but it's close.

I'm not familiar with Scoundrel abilities, and it sounds like that's what you're talking about since Op's moves are knife based rather than gun based. Give me a few minutes and I'll pull out some ability references for you to see in an edit of this post.

EDIT:

Sounds like this is the move you're referring to: "Blaster Whip"

http://www.torhead.com/ability/1olcBs5/blaster-whip

This grants them a stack of "Upper Hand", as does their opener called "Shoot First". The stacks of Upper Hand can be used to activate another ability called "Sucker Punch", which does roughly 1k damage from the tooltip. This is the ability that can be used twice in a row, since you're allowed up to 2 stacks of Upper Hand.

There is a talent that allows you a chance at having the Upper Hand to not be consumed by Sucker Punch once every so many seconds, so you could use it 3 times on one target in a row if you got the correct procs.

Edited by Rheeling

Don't cc' break the first knockdown stun. It's only 1.5 seconds anyways, and there's a delay in the animation when you get up...so it's somewhat useless.

Can I ask what class you play? So far i've had little trouble with operative/scoundrels playing with any class(well except for sniper/gunslinger). Usually it's a matter of popping the right cooldowns at the right time. Some can be activated when you're on the ground, so you don't even after to cc'break.

I say trinket but thought most would realize the get your self free button we all have. I came from playing world of warcraft and think of it as trinket / every man for himself ability for human class.

Oh, you didn't take my bait.

Well played.

But seriously. For a scoundrel to do that he would have to out gear you by a wide margin. Like full battlemaster to fresh 50.

Other than that, you just can't kill someone that fast.

I don't have an op... but you're not playing right if you're getting stunlocked to death.

Also, do the ops hit you right after you finish a fight with someone else?

I'm trying to understand how you're getting derped by ops, even as they are on live. I'm in primarily champ (with some BM) gear and don't have that problem, I play powertech AP/Pyro.

No this is right from having full health.

As I said your going around central on ilum doing your daily's weeklys and you stop to pick up an armament and boom stunned then bam bam bam 3 hits and nearly 3/4 of my health gone. I get out of the stun they dissapear and then repop me again and i am dead.

I even go stealthed on my sith assassin and they seem to be able to see me and i can never see them. I even have the points to see stealth improved and i never see them. But they always find me. And because i have not had a chance to recoop my health they normally hit me 1 or 2 more times and i am dead.

I Have a good spec on my sith assassin. I can do good dps but still find most other classes can do alot more dps then i can. I have talk to other sith assassins and i have even researched different pvp specs. can't seem to find one that does top dps on any class.

Sure if i go against a new level 50 i'll tear him / her a new one. I'll continue to keep researching pvp specs and hope to find one that works best. If anyone has any idea's feel free to let me know. I'll take any advice i can get to improve my dps in pvp.

They can do that IF you're undergeared, they are in stealth and use their opener on you in 30 second intervals.

They're a burst damage dps. They burst you down then they go oom and run away. That's their style.

This is a hyperbole. 1 to 2 hits? Really sir... I don't think I've seen these +7k crits since 1.1, but I could be wrong.

And why can't there be a class designed specifically to take out a single target quickly and efficiently, but otherwise has poor utility and survivability outside of stealth?

If you're using your cc breaker before your resolve bar is full then a nerf isn't going to help you...

Groups of OPs stunlocking people to death are making people rage quit and un-sub.

LOL GEORG ZOELLER

::slowclap::

that thread was almost as epic as the sword in a box qoute i saw

its to bad i never actually saw the original sword in a box thread though

Again another ops player. Don't surprise me.

Next time come back with something constructive instead of being a Smart (rymes with Gas)

Operatives feed off of bad players, that's probably why they're targeting you so much.

I could give some long-winded expanantion making everything you said in your first post look silly, but honestly, it's not worth it. Learn the mechanics of the class before you go to the forums and voice your woefully uninformed opinions.

They can do that IF you're undergeared, they are in stealth and use their opener on you in 30 second intervals.

They're a burst damage dps. They burst you down then they go oom and run away. That's their style.

This is a hyperbole. 1 to 2 hits? Really sir... I don't think I've seen these +7k crits since 1.1, but I could be wrong.

For your comment right above this explain to me how i am losing nearly 3/4 of my health then. I have 4 peices of BM gear with the rest being next best thing in the pvp gear line.

If anything Being a sith assassin or even the jedi equivelant we should be better at doing that then any other class since we are considered to be the Rogues of the game.

Ever play or go against a rogue in world of warcraft? If not then try it. You will understand.

So, you click (lol?) your escape ability on their first 1.5 sec stun (which requires them to be in stealth, why weren't you?) then of course you get stunned again, and you die as an Assassin (I didn't know they could die)

Nerf Operatives now!

Edited by TheNotorius

A standard scoundrel rotation is flechette round > shoot first > back blast > dirty kick -> blaster whip > sucker punch(which has a 50% chance to trigger flying flists, and round2 for another sucker punch use via a proc'd upper hand/can happen once every 10 seconds).

So if unlucky(or lucky depending on what side you're on) you'll see anywhere from 2-3 punches.

As a shadow/assassin, I recommend learning how to respond to the burst by popping resilience, cloaking etc. Try watching some of powerr's videos:

There are several cases where he gets jumped by operatives, even during 2v1's and comes out ahead.