I refuse to level another alt untill legacy

Legacy should have been inside the game, but no I have to wait four months after the game has came out to get it? why? and why no time date. I am playing my hard earned money and I demand to know.

What ever do you mean?! I understand that 1.2 should have been out no later than March 15th but the devs did say it would be early April... Oh wait...

Yeah I'm annoyed too. I am regretting that 60 day game card... I got it thinking worst case 1.2 would be out late march.

People are going to say, well it's not ready etc. First off, it should have been a while ago, and secondly it will release with bugs and problems regardless of how long it's on the pts... It is NOT being withheld from live servers for polish alone. It is primarily a marketing ploy to keep subs going.

Also, this really should be 1.0 - especially the graphics options.

Sad to say but I won't be re-subbing. I'm not a huge MMOer and thought I'd try it out but it's amounted to nothing but frustration and testing my patience.

Edited by Smokey_the_Bear

Legacy should have been inside the game, but no I have to wait four months after the game has came out to get it? why? and why no time date. I am playing my hard earned money and I demand to know.

You don't lose anything by starting an alt now unless you want to play a certain unlocked race. When 1.2 comes your alt will still get the bonuses for your main completing companion quests, still get the legacy abilities and still be able to do anything else. Apart from play as an unlocked species that your main is.

So you are saying they should have delayed releasing the game until April? Why?

So you are saying they should have delayed releasing the game until April? Why?

Probably that they should have put the money used for one-time-use VO's into more important things, for example, a game with it's features intact. We were given the shell of the legacy system, if they were going to do that they should have left it nil until now then called it an addition.

Everything in this patch should have been in the game from launch minus the new operation and flashpoint.

We should be careful though, look how fast they jump on anything negative! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=394144

Have we heard anything concrete on the release of 1.2? No.

Are we met with immediate responses when we trash talk them in any form? Yes.

WIsh I used a credit card.

(Sure is funny how viciously they are on those WCIA threads lol - Put your damn manpower towards helping us out)

Edited by Smokey_the_Bear

You don't lose anything by starting an alt now unless you want to play a certain unlocked race. When 1.2 comes your alt will still get the bonuses for your main completing companion quests, still get the legacy abilities and still be able to do anything else. Apart from play as an unlocked species that your main is.

Yeah the Legacy System is really huge and I am unsure of this.

So if I only ever want to play a human, whether I start before or after 1.2 makes no difference?

What's the Legacy issue... Seriously. Every time I read a post here someone moans or goes on about something but nobody discusses the specific issue explaining just what the practical, technical, aesthetic etc reason is for the complaint. What on earth are you on about ?

The fun thing is when they announce the next big thing after 1.2, a lot of players will whine and say it should have been included from the start. Then they announce something big after that update, and guess what? People whine and say that should have been included from the start, too. People are never satisfied. BioWare already said they have a ten-year plan with Old Republic, so why not enjoy it and watch it grow?

Probably that they should have put the money used for one-time-use VO's into more important things, for example, a game with it's features intact.

This game's main appeal is the VO. If you don't like them, or think they should focus on something else in the future, just quit now. I bought the game because they advertised it for what it currently is and I loved the idea. I'd like to keep it that way.

sure you don't miss out on much of anything by rolling an alt now instead of later, but i can still sympathize with the OP's sentiment. i now have 3 50s and one that's just a bit below 40, and i just can't bring myself to do any more leveling until it gets easier (who wants to do all the planet quests over and over again?). the constant xp and gear grind just wore me out, so i'm going to wait for legacy just for whatever xp bonuses that will get me as Legacy level 36

People are going to say, well it's not ready etc. First off, it should have been a while ago, and secondly it will release with bugs and problems regardless of how long it's on the pts... It is NOT being withheld from live servers for polish alone. It is primarily a marketing ploy to keep subs going.

Who are you to declare what should and shouldn't be? Do you work for BW? Are you an EA Executive? Stop your QQ and play the game. 1.2 will be released when BW decides it's ready not before and not after.

And for all you people saying it should have been in the initial release, it wasn't because it wasn't ready. For all those who say they should delayed the release, nonsense. If they delayed the release for every feature they wanted to include but couldn't because of time, they would never release.

Grow up or leave.

Edited by JerokTalram

The fun thing is when they announce the next big thing after 1.2, a lot of players will whine and say it should have been included from the start. Then they announce something big after that update, and guess what? People whine and say that should have been included from the start, too. People are never satisfied. BioWare already said they have a ten-year plan with Old Republic, so why not enjoy it and watch it grow?

That's part of the problem, people aren't enjoying it due to some of the plans that aren't included in the initial launch, shortly after launch, etc... The players schedules for enjoying the game don't necessarily match up with BW's idea of a development plan.

What if you don't have alts?

Nobody these days plays MMOs just with one character... Do they ? Takes no time at all to level a character in any MMO so having maxed chars out seems to be the norm. I'm guessing, but I would suggest that there are very few that play having levelled one, but in reality it just doesn't work that way anymore. So you see there really is no alt. All 12 of my 85s in WoW are main as are all 12 of my 50s in Rift are mains. And here I have four running through at the same time. How else do you do your crafting and where do you send all your spare good gear, and what if you want to play healer, dps, support or tank without waiting for anyone. I would suggest 4 is the minimum any player uses and this game is well structured for half a dozen at a time. The day of the alt died ages ago.

The other thing is, particularly in this game, what do you do all the time with a level 50.. must get real boring at times... Same goes for all games. My guess is that you finish up standing in a city spamming chat all day waiting for a group so you can get that drop that adds 0.00000001% to your crit. Dunno.

My characters all contribute to my own mini undustry of crafting so I never have to rely on anyone else for anything. When you have just one char you are 'always' relying on someone else for both doing anything or getting anything... Gaming time is way too precious to have to rely on others. I just wanna boot up, lock and load and go have some fun. Seems to work, specially when I have like every variation of character to play across four MM0's. Never a dull moment and no standing around, like ever.

By the way... I do think this game was structured for playing many characters. Its just that some haven't realised yet. Just my thoughts.

Probably that they should have put the money used for one-time-use VO's into more important things, for example, a game with it's features intact. We were given the shell of the legacy system, if they were going to do that they should have left it nil until now then called it an addition.

utter bs. VO is the game. It wouldn't be the same without VO. IT would be Wow in space.

And there was no reason to hold off including legacy names and xp in the initial release. If they hadn't when 1.2 was later released, no one would have legacy levels at the start, no one would be able to unlock anything. The changes wouldn't even become useful for yet another month. People with 4 level 50 would be screaming that they are missing out on Legacy XP. And giving them legacy XP, just based on their levels would short change level 50s. Every daily, every HM FP, every Operation, and every WZ gives Legacy XP.

As it stands now, people can start using the legacy stuff right away.

Who are you to declare what should and shouldn't be? Do you work for BW? Are you an EA Executive? Stop your QQ and play the game. 1.2 will be released when BW decides it's ready not before and not after.

And for all you people saying it should have been in the initial release, it wasn't because it wasn't ready. For all those who say they should delayed the release, nonsense. If they delayed the release for every feature they wanted to include but couldn't because of time, they would never release.

Grow up or leave.

You sure told them chief!

Aren't we all blessed to have your input on people's expectations and feelings about the game... oh wait, who are you to declare someone else's opinions and expectations aren't valid? Are you a mod for the forums? Do you work for EA, BW, etc...?

hmmmm, stop your condescending attitude and play the game. Stop coming on the forums and QQing about other's QQing.

Grow up or leave!!

Yeah the Legacy System is really huge and I am unsure of this.

So if I only ever want to play a human, whether I start before or after 1.2 makes no difference?

Yeah no difference at all, when 1.2 comes along all the bonuses get applied at once making your characters more powerful :)

You sure told them chief!

Aren't we all blessed to have your input on people's expectations and feelings about the game... oh wait, who are you to declare someone else's opinions and expectations aren't valid? Are you a mod for the forums? Do you work for EA, BW, etc...?

hmmmm, stop your condescending attitude and play the game. Stop coming on the forums and QQing about other's QQing.

Grow up or leave!!

Stop coming to the forums and QQing about others QQIng about others QQing.

Grow up or leave.

wonder how long this will last

Probably that they should have put the money used for one-time-use VO's into more important things, for example, a game with it's features intact.

They are only one-time-use for the subset of players who chooses them to be so, maybe because they didn't read the advertising that voice-drive story telling was one of the key features of this game.

We were given the shell of the legacy system, if they were going to do that they should have left it nil until now then called it an addition.

Everything in this patch should have been in the game from launch minus the new operation and flashpoint.

Make up your mind, please: First you say legacy would have been ok if they hadn't given a teaser first, and then you seem to change your mind and are back to everything should have been in at launch. If you want everything in at launch, at what date should the game have been released, in your opinion? What about other future planned content and game mechanics? Should the game be delayed until all future content is included? This makes no sense.

There is a wealth of information released on 1.2. The only thing that is missing is a date, but no company announced a release date until they know they can meet it. It is more damaging to announce a date and the miss it, then to withold announcement until the time is ripe.

Properly so. Content that consists of trash talk, trolling, harassment, and insults with no constructive content have no place in a community forum. If you feel a need to engage in trash talk, use your own setting for this purpose.

sure you don't miss out on much of anything by rolling an alt now instead of later, but i can still sympathize with the OP's sentiment. i now have 3 50s and one that's just a bit below 40, and i just can't bring myself to do any more leveling until it gets easier (who wants to do all the planet quests over and over again?). the constant xp and gear grind just wore me out, so i'm going to wait for legacy just for whatever xp bonuses that will get me as Legacy level 36

I thought that the legacy XP bonus you can select for a particular area of play for alts wasn't coming until 1.3 or later.

Could be wrong.

We should be careful though, look how fast they jump on anything negative! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=394144

WIsh I used a credit card.

(Sure is funny how viciously they are on those WCIA threads lol - Put your damn manpower towards helping us out)

America thinks EA, a gaming company, is worse than a physical brick and mortar banking institution? What is this world coming to.

Apparently BoA hasn't stolen enough money from poor people yet.