Worst possible team composition for 1.2 rated.

ShadowOfVey

I was thinking it might be fun to get a group of 8 good players on alts of our choice for rated, something really terrible, and then do well with it (or just see how well we could do).

Thought it'd be neat seeing what other people here came up with, maybe I'll get some ideas.

So other than people just picking nonsensical random talent point allocations like 14/14/13, what would you say would be the WORST possible 8 man class/spec composition that you could think of?

Criteria:

1. Performs consistently subpar in all three warzones.

2. Is nearly impossible to complain about. The setup should be ineffective enough that even bad players would have trouble coming up with something to whine about. (ex 8 snipers would be a bad overall team, but focus fire with good players could actually make it extremely annoying and maybe even viable)

3. Would still be at least somewhat fun (not like 8 tanks or something).

4. Addendum to above about 8 of a class, preferably something with variety. Not just 8 of what you think the worst spec is.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what Ive seen all classes in this game can be very decent if played by good pvp'ers

I would say almost every setup will be good as long as you have 2 Healers

So the worst possible 8 man would have zero healers...kind of a no brainer, now if your talking about having 2 Healers and still make the worst setup, im not sure.....

Worst 8-man team?

- x2 Lethality Opertives

- x2 Advanced Prototype Powertechs

- x1 Healer Operative

- x1 Marauder

- x1 Rage Juggernaut

- x1 DPS Sorcerer

This team has near zero survivability, low damage potential (overall), and a very squishy healer with no one to use Guard on him.

care to explain the joke or you'll gonna act like a douche?

if a warzone was all healers, no one would die. they would lack the DPS, even when focusing targets, to outheal 8 players at once.

its not funny if it has to be explained. and the logic was really so simple on this one........

Think it would probably involve taking the worst dps jugg spec, the worst sniper spec, advanced prototype power tech, and madness assassin?

Basically, you would have access to lots of guard and taunt, but have no ability to heal others and dps that wouldn't be that good.

If you wanted less of a guard/taunt focus, you'd swap out one or two for DPS spec'd merc or sorc...they'd have to provide the healing.

Edited by Battilea

if a warzone was all healers, no one would die. they would lack the DPS, even when focusing targets, to outheal 8 players at once.

its not funny if it has to be explained. and the logic was really so simple on this one........

duh, that's the main reason i would like to watch that warzone...

Following the standard 2 healer, 2 tank, 4 dps setup:

2x Shadow Tanks - worst survivability of all 3 tanks, no vertical mobility

2x Scoundrel Healers - great burst healing, sure, but lack sustained and aoe healing.

4x commando DPS - no interupts, drop quickly as soon as melee finds them

This setup, in my opinion, is terrible for rated warzones at high end. Pretty much the worst tank/healer/dps combo.

Ofc, if you are playing against bad players, you'll kick some serious butt. 4 ranged DPS can nuke everyone real quick, so theoretically you wouldn't need sustained healing or tough tanks :D

Following the standard 2 healer, 2 tank, 4 dps setup:

2x Shadow Tanks - worst survivability of all 3 tanks, no vertical mobility

2x Scoundrel Healers - great burst healing, sure, but lack sustained and aoe healing.

4x commando DPS - no interupts, drop quickly as soon as melee finds them

This setup, in my opinion, is terrible for rated warzones at high end. Pretty much the worst tank/healer/dps combo.

Ofc, if you are playing against bad players, you'll kick some serious butt. 4 ranged DPS can nuke everyone real quick, so theoretically you wouldn't need sustained healing or tough tanks :D

I think this setup cant be on top, but its nowhere near to worst team composition.

Worst 8-man team?

- x2 Lethality Opertives

- x2 Advanced Prototype Powertechs

- x1 Healer Operative

- x1 Marauder

- x1 Rage Juggernaut

- x1 DPS Sorcerer

This team has near zero survivability, low damage potential (overall), and a very squishy healer with no one to use Guard on him.

This team would suck bad right now... BUT in 1.2 AP Pts get a snare, and a AoE 70% snare. I think this one would do really good in huttball (2 guys with 20 secs roots/knockback immunity xD? + a jugg) would do decent in voidstar and really bad in civil war.

Again you can go worse than this :p

care to explain the joke or you'll gonna act like a douche?

13 year olds should not be allowed on the internet; go ask your mom to teach you what humor and common sense is. (No you cannot grind for it in swtor)

Edited by cupofwater

You would be wrong. I've seen this before many times, and the heal team dies rapidly (unless its all troopers). Invariably the other team smarts up and starts focusing. 4 or 5 players focusing a single target drops that target before they can be healed. Much harder to take down would be a heavy tank + healer team (say 4 tanks + 4 trooper healers), where its ridiculously hard to seperate the tank from the healer, and find the non guarded target.

In particular the 8 man sorcerer teams that occur so often, is almost a guarenteed loss and my nomination for worst team. They are just too squishy. A couple focus guardians and hybrid Vanguards will roll them without even breaking a sweat. What ends up happening is they get pushed further and further back, looking for range and the front of their lines can't hold up.

If I wanted to go for worst setup...

1 Rage Marauder

1 Marksman Sniper

1 Madness Sorc

1 Advanced Prototype Powertech

1 Vengeance Jugg

1 Engineer Sniper

1 Concealment Operative

1 Arsenal Mercenary

Even with a lot of coordination this team would have to try real hard to win any wz.

You would be wrong. I've seen this before many times, and the heal team dies rapidly (unless its all troopers). Invariably the other team smarts up and starts focusing. 4 or 5 players focusing a single target drops that target before they can be healed. Much harder to take down would be a heavy tank + healer team (say 4 tanks + 4 trooper healers), where its ridiculously hard to seperate the tank from the healer, and find the non guarded target.

No, no, we were talking about heal team vs. heal team arena matches. You know: sixteen men enter! Sixteen men leave!

Edited by hairlessOrphan