Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Live the Ship Droid Experience!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt your time be better spent fixing the bugs that continue to plague this game instead of fiddley farting around with april first vids and jokes? how about getting the auction house in order.. that interface still sucks... thats only been posted on 150mil times... oooor fix the HK slaughtermode glitch.... oooor the blocked nodes bug that is still around even tho its been "fixed" 3 times...

Sorry, it is sad, as i was really bored of linear design that had the game and really got excited, trully excited about the idea of doing something other than shooting and killing... then i began to read the messages saying it was a joke. Could be a nice joke if it wasn't for TRUE lack of originality.

NOW YOU SEE WHAT ARE THIS IDIOTS DOING WHO ARE PAYED BY YOUR MONTHLY SUB.

Instead fixing game and adding new content, they still have time to program and record stupid movies of robots washing windows.

Cruising around the galaxy in your own personal starship is an important aspect of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. The player’s starship is like a home, and the player’s companions are like a family. No one knows this better than the dedicated Ship Droids who maintain the vessels: C2-N2 for Republic characters and 2V-R8 for Imperial characters.

Jedi Knights, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and the other class characters may be the heroes in the wider galaxy, but on board the starship, the Ship Droids are the heroes. That’s why, as part of Game Update 1.2, you will soon be able to assume direct control over your Droid’s actions with Ship Droid™, a brand new mini-game coming to The Old Republic!

Read More

OOOOOOOOOOOO, incoming BAN HAMMER.

Rules of Conduct: Rule 8

Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA or BioWare employee or a representative of EA or BioWare, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or BioWare or any of EA’s partners or affiliates.

Good April Fools joke by the way. I also wonder how many will be hooked by it.

Instead fixing game and adding new content, they still have time to program and record stupid movies of robots washing windows.

Yeah, I'm sure it takes so long to write that article and create video. Like, two whole days, man!

How dare they do things to add a bit of fun to their website on our money.

What will they do next, take lunch breaks?!

This may be the best April Fools joke ever. I actually wouldn't mind seeing this added to the game.

Hey, while they're at it, could they add a "Titanic" flashpoint for April 14th? I'm being serious here-it is the 100th anniversary. It makes sense to at least pay tribute to it with something.

I thought this was great! ROTFL.

Though, speaking of Droids, I wish there was some more dimension we could utilize in the game regarding technology (droids, ships, computers, etc.).

Maybe there can be a whole Holospace (Cyberspace) element to the game. Droids could have software programs, and be upgraded. There could be a programmer craft profession even. Software adds new features to the droid (attack program) that mimic types of abilities, or enhances +craft crit/effeciency/etc. Thus a droid could mimic another custom class with heal/ranged/melee abilities depending on the custom programs. Instead of having a generic slicing (pass/fail) have a world of slicing where there are mechanics to it. Players could have gadgets that are augmentable through software programs (+accuracy for instance from a targeting program). Just a thought.

I find your lack of humour disturbing.

-T.

loved the joke but reading some of these posts, the amount of arrogant ppl who dont understan their timezone isnt the only one in existance is shameful, just because its not april 1st for you doesnt not mean it isnt for someone else. Get some sense :D

ROFL!! You're hilarious.

"Instead of"?! You're not serious, right?

Great one this year, BW! Loved it! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.