Social xp is near impossible...

Folgrin

I feel bad for you. My wife and I have only reached Tattooine with our shadow - scoundrel team and we already are at social 3. Maybe you could ask a guildmate to start a new character and play it exclusively with yours. You could even ask someone in the forum. I did that in another mmo and it worked quite well.

That's because it's actually "anti-social fixed group points".

I've no idea why they called them "social points" when the whole system isn't designed for anyone to play socially. :confused:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I grouped with my wife all the way from level 10 to level 45. Considering that we both only played those characters together we should have hit social 5 a long time ago. Instead I'm still social 3 and a half.

I just don't see how doing and finishing an 8/16 man raid is less "social" than talking to a mob in BT with 2 people. They should flat out give an amount of social points for raiders and 8v8 pvpers come ranked. (Sorry solo queue isn't socializing, most people who solo queue don't even play as a team)

Reaching rank X is easy.

Take a guildy or a newbie to Esseles.

2 Players = 100pts

3 Players = 130pts

4 Players = 180pts

Clearing it with mounts = 10-13min

Clearing it with lowbies = 15-20min

Doing it for 1 hour with 4 players = 1080pts

After 9 Hours = 9k pts (Max rank)

If you do it the whole day with 4 players so can you reach max rank on a single day.

Edited by Naduronx

I have been fortunate enough to run with a static group on 1 toon since launch.

We did all the quests, heroics and flashpoints all the way thru 50. Doing so got me(us) to social 8.

Ran the dailies solo, duo and a group of 4 at times got me to social 9. Great social gain if ran with a full group.

I ran out of gas doing dailies and went from social 9 to 10 running the Esseles a few times.

Lovin the Galactic Party Bomb!

I feel this is partly to blame on the lack of conversation in the flashpoints (except the first one). Most of them dont have conversation and only one DS/LS choice unrelated to the story. I still wonder why they did not make the other flashpoint more like the Esseles. Did they figure we wouldnt want any more story in FP's? Thats strange because its a story driven MMO. Is it laziness? I hope not.

I feel this is partly to blame on the lack of conversation in the flashpoints (except the first one). Most of them dont have conversation and only one DS/LS choice unrelated to the story. I still wonder why they did not make the other flashpoint more like the Esseles. Did they figure we wouldnt want any more story in FP's? Thats strange because its a story driven MMO. Is it laziness? I hope not.

Their statement, if I recall correctly, was that they wanted a split between "story" fps and non-story fps for different player demographics (those who want to see the story and those who want to faceroll for loot). So far its BT/FE/Kaon for story and the rest for face pilates

The thing is to get a high social rank while leveling, you need to group up for literally ever yquest, solo or not. Or at least group up for the conversations. Which is why people leveling together end up with more than others. For me, in a MMO, I prefer to solo the solo content and group up for the group content. Plus, there is plenty of group content I've done in the game that rewards no social points. Is finding a group for a Heoric 4 quest that comes from a mission terminal, then doing it and turning it not social? So why does that award no social points, but making a conversation choice in a conversation for a solo quest does?

I wouldn't even care that much, but it really is quite aggravating to me that a lot of the planet specific social gear you get from the social vendors have higher social rank requirements. I would like to get some of that gear and wear them, but can't because the social system is weird.

Reaching rank X is easy.

Take a guildy or a newbie to Esseles.

2 Players = 100pts

3 Players = 130pts

4 Players = 180pts

Clearing it with mounts = 10-13min

Clearing it with lowbies = 15-20min

Doing it for 1 hour with 4 players = 1080pts

After 9 Hours = 9k pts (Max rank)

If you do it the whole day with 4 players so can you reach max rank on a single day.

Yeah you can game the system, but wouldn't it be better to actually, you know, gain social points for playing socially?

Yeah you can game the system, but wouldn't it be better to actually, you know, gain social points for playing socially?

So.... your in a party of 4 and yet it isn't "socially" according to you?

I guess it's wrong with you then.

While i had fun doing it with my guildies.

Edited by Naduronx

social will go up when we start actually getting social points in hmfp. till then the system is fine. you get social for grouping, which is what its intended for.

Except you often don't. There are a few 4-mans I've done that awarded less than 10 social points. IMO, every 4-man should award at least 50.

My suggestion thread which would boost social points and encourage player interaction instead of a community of soloers who join for pvp, end game raiding and as they level the occasional FP .

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=384533

Ps I know there are those who group up often but in my experience they are often real life friends or relatives, or cleeks that have played online together for a relatively long time.

Edited by joneb

Social IV leveling exclusively with my wife 1-50. A mere 20 points to Social VI with an esseles run here and there. Its not difficult, and if I applied myself I could get 2-3 levels in a day. Esseles runs until you're bored, dailies in a full group, then bonus missions while you wait for ops to start/pvp to pop. Its easy as ****.

Social IV leveling exclusively with my wife 1-50. A mere 20 points to Social VI with an esseles run here and there. Its not difficult, and if I applied myself I could get 2-3 levels in a day. Esseles runs until you're bored, dailies in a full group, then bonus missions while you wait for ops to start/pvp to pop. Its easy as ****.

Ps I know there are those who group up often but in my experience they are often real life friends or relatives, or cleeks that have played online together for a relatively long time.

Just saying everyone has a different personal experience and some are fortunate to have levelling buddies.

should get social points for pvp queueing as a group. even if it is extremely minimal.

Agreed, I could probably do a warzone in the same time I do BT as group, but honestly there is nothing of value for me in BT.

If they gave you social points equivalent to losing all conversation choices on BT, I think that'd be fair.

My main, a Jedi Sage, level 41, has virtually none. I've been leveling her solo. My Imperial Agent, I started a week ago to level with a pair of friends, and only at level 13 has a ton. It's disappointing because I want my main to have the points to feel complete w/ that character.