Raise Server Population Caps

Posiden

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server queues are going to happen until resources can be allocated properly. What I don't get is the length of the queues. We're in early access where EA/BW can control how many people can play. I don't understand why they are letting people in at such a high rate if it's capping servers. Should have just closed the door until the servers were capable.

Sorry.. Correction... Add more West coast PVP servers... They are all full...

dont go and add 20 or 30 servers to RP and pve servers... there are plenty of thoes that have lots of room... Focus on the Full ones... West and east coast PvP

This happens at the start of any game and I've seen worse. I have picture of my WoW server having an 18 hour wait time in queue. Stop being silly and calm down already. It will be like this on weekends and during primetime hours. There is nothing you can do until they increase the server caps and lessen the queue loads.

I expect this to be like this up until one week after launch. After that, it will get better. Until then, relax. I've heard this gripe and whine on every game I've ever played. Maybe companies should just come out and tell you that this is the way it is because some folks just don't get it.

Wonder how many people are actually on each server. I am guessing between 5,000-10,000 currently. I notice there are usually 100+ instances of wherever I am and maybe 50 visible people. That is just at level 15ish. I am not sure if raising the cap is going to do it. I am sure there is a fair amount of "adjustment" planned into the system. This is how Bioware has chosen to balance servers. It kinda sucks right now, especially for people like myself that get dropped every hour on the hour. I even get dropped in the que and have to restart that...

Wish they would implement some code that once you have done your "que time" you don't have to do it again for 24 hours.

So something needs to be done if you quick disconnection because i just got disconnected and now i am 1200 and something in the line again and have to wait another 2 hrs. I was already waiting for about 1 hr then i come back and it says error disconnected and then i get thrown to the back of the line

to bioware i say screw you. You have completely dropped the ball on this. You have only a couple days left because i tell you i am not gonna pick this game up (collectors addition) if this is how horrible your game is gonna be.

So something needs to be done if you quick disconnection because i just got disconnected and now i am 1200 and something in the line again and have to wait another 2 hrs. I was already waiting for about 1 hr then i come back and it says error disconnected and then i get thrown to the back of the line

to bioware i say screw you. You have completely dropped the ball on this. You have only a couple days left because i tell you i am not gonna pick this game up (collectors addition) if this is how horrible your game is gonna be.

STOP CRYING!!! My god it's like a rehash of every single game that starts - same complaints, same blah blah blah and then you still pay and play the game anyways. If you truly meant what you said then disassemble your computer for a few weeks and go back to your TV and re-watch episodes of Everybody loves Raymond.

I am sorry but, you need to QFT. What you said is inaccurate and I am guessing u are not familiar with server/IT/analytical industry in general. Bioware is doing it correctly by adding servers slowly but surely. If they add too many, then yes, you will have half full unpopulated servers. But if they do not add enough, full queues will exist. ATM, Bioware needs to add a few new servers. The person you quoted and said to stop trolling to actually makes sense. Raising server pop just adds to poor game play and a lot of lag. Trust me, I have seen it first hand.

You kids know that QFT means "Quoted For Truth," right?

STOP CRYING!!! My god it's like a rehash of every single game that starts - same complaints, same blah blah blah and then you still pay and play the game anyways. If you truly meant what you said then disassemble your computer for a few weeks and go back to your TV and re-watch episodes of Everybody loves Raymond.

i usually avaoid saying things like this but here goes.....good god your a Fan boy.

at the moment im seeing over 3/4 of the servers available are showing full (with Ques)

very heavy or heavy server loads.

and this is just with preorders , if ques are like this now its only going to get worse when more players join in on the 20th unless bioware gets on the ball now. the game is great but they really did seem to drop the ball on server load issues and if they are not resolved its going to cost them in the long run as no sane person will pay a subscription fee to have to wait in a que on a regular basis.

Edited by Celoril

i can no longer even try to join the wait line on fatman because of some stupid reason. I hate WoW but now it seems like its dc universe until Diablo 3 comes out if there arent gonna be any improvements. 1 improvement is you cannot Charge people money for this game if you cant play due to wait times. so i hope u dont start charging accounts right away because alot of these people on right now only payed 5 bucks at gamestop to have it reserved and I am forseeing alot of them say SCREW THIS

Wonder how many subscription are already being lost due to 900+ lines to log in. What is the point of staggered entry into the game to ensure better server stability if in the end you allow people to join that close to a cap that we have these issues?

Signed.

Contrary to most people though, I do like medium to low population servers. I know it's a multiplayer game, and I know I'm supposed to interact with other people in the game, but I'd rather avoid that where possible.

A good guild of 15-20 active players > a server with 10,000 players.

My recommendation is to add more servers, and assign variable population caps (which are displayed for the player to decide upon). Those who like to play on overpopulated servers can do so. And those who like to play on underpopulated servers can do so.

And allow transfers between servers, Rift's implementation of server transfers was spot on - loved it. Learn from it, recycle it, profit from it (with a larger playerbase, brought about by happier players)

I like what one dude said (i dont care what they do so long as i dont have to wait 1 and 1/2 hours to play) i'll play on a low pop server i did in WOW i dont care i have a guild from WOW starting SWTOR so i got people to play with but i dont wanna reroll or have a insane queue time cause nearly all servers have them. Fix it!!