So how is everyone liking Bioware's brand of 'romance' in this game?

JoshRollins

I talk (ok complain) about it a lot but I'm pretty satisfied with them overall. It's never going to be Gone With the Wind in space, or General Hospital Wars, though I admit the idea of space soap opera is intriguing.. well anyway, gotta go check out that link.

It feels very unfinished.

I wish there were something along the lines of daily repeatable missions or something.

Right now it's just like nothing happened. They don't even move into your room on the ship.

I look forward to the continuation of companion stories, because what we have right now feels like a single paragraph out of a book.

(Colors changed to emphasize how I feel about the current state of companion romance. Highlight to read the full post.)

They should give us sex scenes like they have in Witcher 2. That would be all sorts of awesome. Of course, that would blow the magical teen rating out of the water. I wonder... when will companies stop pandering the bible belt. The world at large does not care, at all.

They should give us sex scenes like they have in Witcher 2. That would be all sorts of awesome. Of course, that would blow the magical teen rating out of the water. I wonder... when will companies stop pandering the bible belt. The world at large does not care, at all.

Cause they have the most lawyers ... and money ... and time ... lot's and lot's of time.

It feels very unfinished.

I wish there were something along the lines of daily repeatable missions or something.

Right now it's just like nothing happened. They don't even move into your room on the ship.

I look forward to the continuation of companion stories, because what we have right now feels like a single paragraph out of a book.

(Colors changed to emphasize how I feel about the current state of companion romance. Highlight to read the full post.)

ayup...i put something in sudgestion box, but i cant find it, maybe it got moved *shrugs*

I found that what was there for each romance was pretty well done. Some more than others. Some are so off the wall that I was laughing more than I probably should. Kaliyo is, as I've said, a roller coaster that makes me go crosseyed thinking about her and other guys/girls she brings onboard. She's the most unapologetic cheater I've ever seen! Also, I did her final companion mission and was like "WTMF, BEEYOTCH???" when I found out what she'd been doing. Really wish I could have rolled a Pureblood Agent already so I could smack her one upside the head.

Anyhow, the two I've liked the most so far are Knight/Kira and Warrior/Vette. Both are just fun, and I was surprised at how old fashioned the actual romance is between the Warrior and Vette. How they wait until their wedding night. :)

To be honest, it really bugs me that you can only (realistically) gain affection with some characters if you have a "relationship" with them -- Ashara, for example.

When it comes to matters of life and death (or worse), can you rely on someone who is *only* interested in sex? If not, then why would you want them around?

To be honest, it really bugs me that you can only (realistically) gain affection with some characters if you have a "relationship" with them -- Ashara, for example.

When it comes to matters of life and death (or worse), can you rely on someone who is *only* interested in sex? If not, then why would you want them around?

Yeah, I know what you mean, there. Ashara loves Republic Memorabilia gifts, but her Likes are a bit vague. "Rational Decisions"... ok..... I picked a ton of rational decisions on Quesh, and her aff didn't move at all.

She also loves it when you flirt with her. Yeah, she's not that good of a Jedi. But to GET to the first Flirt, you have to buy her gifts or blunder through mission conversations with her in the group and try to pick the most "rational" choice.... ok... yeah, tired of looking, so I went and spent a few thousand on Republic Memorabilia gifts on the Fleet. It worked. :p

So far the three that I've more or less completed: Quinn, Iresso and Jorgan - hmm.. all military boys.. figures. Though Iresso does seem kind of rushed since you get him at the end of Hoth and there isn't that much time in between conversations especially if you pump rep with present.

Quinn and the FemWar need resolution of some sort given what happens but the entire lead into the romance was endearing, if you can stomach it, which some people can't. I found some of the stranger conversation options for the romance dialogue more intersting then the standard ones seen on youtube (yes, I watched those too). The non-flirty ones would often lead into a slightly different flirt option as well that and it gave me a slightly different take on their whole relationship.

I like the option for romance in theory, but some of the choices made for partners seem really not well considered. The two that come to mind are Nadia and Vector.

Nadia.

Really? A girl that's just lost her father and who is very much going to needthe support and comfort of a friend or mentor? No that's not creepy at all to start professing feelings within days of her father's death. *eyeroll*

Vector.

Vector is charming and I genuinely like him, but several times he mentions that he will be 'returning to the nest someday' and that was a little scary and doomsay-ish for a budding relationship. Either he is already sure that I'll end up on the wrong side of a blaster, or once I'm old and grey he'll leave me for a pheromone soaked bug-queen. *pout* I really, genuinely WANTED to romance Vector, but the talk of him returning to the hive was too hard to overcome.

I like the option for romance in theory, but some of the choices made for partners seem really not well considered. The two that come to mind are Nadia and Vector.

Nadia.

Really? A girl that's just lost her father and who is very much going to needthe support and comfort of a friend or mentor? No that's not creepy at all to start professing feelings within days of her father's death. *eyeroll*

Vector.

Vector is charming and I genuinely like him, but several times he mentions that he will be 'returning to the nest someday' and that was a little scary and doomsay-ish for a budding relationship. Either he is already sure that I'll end up on the wrong side of a blaster, or once I'm old and grey he'll leave me for a pheromone soaked bug-queen. *pout* I really, genuinely WANTED to romance Vector, but the talk of him returning to the hive was too hard to overcome.

i don't remember him mentioning returning o_O

Actually i liked the Vector Romance... "If you cant come to our world, we will come to yours", as he dosnt wish the Agent to become a Joiner, as she would loose her individuality. (Sadly no option to become a second "Dawn Herald"... the black eyes are cool).