RE: Dungeon Finder and Dual Spec

JoshRollins

How many of you could not see yourself playing this game post-1.2 if no significant new content (such as new OPs, Flashpoints, and WZs), nor dungeon finder and dual spec, nor server mergers/transgers, are implemented until after the first expansion (roughly estimated at being released a year from now)?

IE, is Dungeon Finder and Dual Spec make-or-break for you in the long run?

Edited by JoshRollins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arent dual spec and LFG coming with 1.3?

SWTOR has said they're looking into both features (especially dual spec, they've been a little more vague about LFG I think), but they haven't said when they'll be available. They certainly haven't committed to having them available in patch 1.3. They haven't said a word about what will or will not be in 1.3.

SWTOR has said they're looking into both features (especially dual spec, they've been a little more vague about LFG I think), but they haven't said when they'll be available. They certainly haven't committed to having them available in patch 1.3. They haven't said a word about what will or will not be in 1.3.

So we just assume it won't come until expansion? Where is the logic here?

What about 1.3, 1.4, 1.5?

LFD that's as good as WoW's is very important to me.

I'd like to run enough flashpoints to get each armor set while doing my story, hunting datacrons or leveling crafting, but without good LFD system it's either waiting a group or doing the fun stuff.

Dual-spec would be important if I wanted to do flashpoints as a tank or healer, so that's a good thing to have if I get bored of DPS roles.

LFG yes

Duel Spec, NO. Duel Spec is what killed wow for me. I think we should be able to reroll the primary tree, but duel spec imo is one of the worst things. I like to be able to build a toon for a specific roll. In wow it was a bad idea and I think the same would be true for TOR.

It's just my opinion, but it seems to be an industry standard to have some sort of Looking for Group functionality. I don't play a peak hours and I feel like I have really missed out on the group content of this MMO. Having a looking for group, that is at least my server, that can be used while doing other solo activities would increase my enjoyment by a ton.

Only being able to pull possible companions from guild and surrounding area just aren't enough unless you're on during those peak times.

It's just my opinion, but it seems to be an industry standard to have some sort of Looking for Group functionality. I don't play a peak hours and I feel like I have really missed out on the group content of this MMO. Having a looking for group, that is at least my server, that can be used while doing other solo activities would increase my enjoyment by a ton.

Only being able to pull possible companions from guild and surrounding area just aren't enough unless you're on during those peak times.

What he says, I'll have a hard time staying to long with out mentioned features

LFG yes

Duel Spec, NO. Duel Spec is what killed wow for me. I think we should be able to reroll the primary tree, but duel spec imo is one of the worst things. I like to be able to build a toon for a specific roll. In wow it was a bad idea and I think the same would be true for TOR.

You are entitled to your opinion, so please don't take this the wrong way. I just don't understand why dual spec is something that can kill anything. So long as you can respec at all in the game, dual spec is just a less annoying way to do that. It is strange when you have something like a dps that becomes a healer, but it was just a really useful tool in WOW when it came to PvP vs. PvE as a priest. It was a pain to have to go to the capital city every time I wanted to switch roles slightly to accommodate the different activities.

I've NEVER played World of Warcraft. Never will. I originally began playing the original Everquest back in 99. Not at all interested in the cartoonish garbage that Blizzard put out. This isn't World of Warcraft, and it never will be. Flashpoints and Operations are inherent to Star Wars: The Old Republic. That's their name, that's what they should be called. Comparing this game to a piece of trash like WoW, is simply asinine.

I'll be playing post 1.2. I'm excited for the changes coming. I'd love to see some of Everquest's features implemented into ToR. Alternate Advancement points, the one guild all factions option. Faction players being able to help one another in quests (At a reasonable amount of risk of course). Good stuff right there.

The problem with LFG being server only is that people who don't play at prime time are still going to have trouble getting groups.

Yeah, it's been shown that every LFD tool doesn't work if it's not cross server in these type of games

I've NEVER played World of Warcraft and I Never will. I originally began playing the original Everquest back in 99. Not at all interested in the cartoonish garbage that Blizzard put out. This isn't World of Warcraft, and it never will be. Flashpoints and Operations are inherent to Star Wars: The Old Republic. That's their name, that's what they should be called. Comparing this game to a piece of trash like WoW, is simply asinine. [/color]

If tools like the X-LFD keep players like this away from my games, please sign me up. Highlighted in yellow text for funnys

Edited by Touchbass

I've NEVER played World of Warcraft. Never will. I originally began playing the original Everquest back in 99. Not at all interested in the cartoonish garbage that Blizzard put out. This isn't World of Warcraft, and it never will be. Flashpoints and Operations are inherent to Star Wars: The Old Republic. That's their name, that's what they should be called. Comparing this game to a piece of trash like WoW, is simply asinine.

I'll be playing post 1.2. I'm excited for the changes coming. I'd love to see some of Everquest's features implemented into ToR. Alternate Advancement points, the one guild all factions option. Faction players being able to help one another in quests (At a reasonable amount of risk of course). Good stuff right there.

LMAO at this post lol I'm still LMAO

90% of SWTOR is copied from WoW and given a different name LMAO

And SWTOR still has about 40%-60% less features than WoW, which looks amazing on my PC with all it's colors. Unlike SWTOR that like everything else, half-aszed the colors in the game like they were working with 8 bit color.

Bioware should call Blizzard and offer them a percentage of this joke so they can step i and save it for them. GG

LMAO at this post lol I'm still LMAO

90% of SWTOR is copied from WoW and given a different name LMAO

And SWTOR still has about 40%-60% less features than WoW, which looks amazing on my PC with all it's colors. Unlike SWTOR that like everything else, half-aszed the colors in the game like they were working with 8 bit color.

Bioware should call Blizzard and offer them a percentage of this joke so they can step i and save it for them. GG

Yeah this game is a carbon copy with some updated mechanics like companions and a different take on combat (instead of 1v1 it's 1v3+)

Ill be playing with or without Dual Spec or LFG.

I definitely want both of those features ... but if those two "perks" were reason enough to leave the game, id have stayed in WoW.

What is LFG can you tell me about it plz thank you.