How does one kill a healer merc as pyrotech merc?

Vektarulz

This question is about 50 PVP

My mains a marauder and i dualed a good healer merc last night and it took like 3 minutes for me to kill him,he was biochem wich did not help :p now i know marauders are the kings of interuptting but between the Bh merc/its trooper cousins kiting,stuns throws and the glorious :IM IMMUNE TO INTERUPTS! it took a lil while

Now i had a pyrotech merc im leveling and was thinking about it, we dont get interupts :p we do get a throew and 2 stuns(maybe more mines only a 33) and couldent for the life of me figure out how i could do it my theory was wear them down a lil wait till they were low,throw all the dots on quickly then stun lock them,but im not sure if that would work either

Ive fought good sorc and op healers to but its just not the same sorcs I can burst down alot faster even when there in the good healer gear as goes with ops but BH mercs i just dont understand,is it realy supposed to take that long to kill them?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Powertech has a very handy interrupt and its awesome in pvp, 8 sec cooldown which can be brought down to 6 sec. The abillity is called Quell and I have it bound to one of my mouse buttons.

Oh so its like my annil marauder one thats pretty rad :D

people keep tellen me Powertech pyro's are better in some aspects just cause of some cool moves and more defense but I realy like the dual weilden on my merc :p plus almost evrey bh on my server is the traca spam and i wanted some self respect

Should a dps be able to kill a healer who is equally skilled/geared as him in 1v1?

Ofcourse. It should be 50/50. A DPS should be able to kill a healer 50% of the time, and a healer should be able to survive without being killed by a DPS 50% of the time, otherwise it would just be imbalanced and everyone would roll a healer for guaranteed survivability 1 vs 1.

Should a dps be able to kill a healer who is equally skilled/geared as him in 1v1?

no, and it shouldn't even be close. a good healer should be unkillable 1v1, but also not able to kill anyone else. it's the way a good mmo is designed ie. DAOC

My mains a marauder and i dualed a good healer merc last night and it took like 3 minutes for me to kill him,he was biochem wich did not help :p now i know marauders are the kings of interuptting but between the Bh merc/its trooper cousins kiting,stuns throws and the glorious :IM IMMUNE TO INTERUPTS! it took a lil while

Now i had a pyrotech merc im leveling and was thinking about it, we dont get interupts :p we do get a throew and 2 stuns(maybe more mines only a 33) and couldent for the life of me figure out how i could do it my theory was wear them down a lil wait till they were low,throw all the dots on quickly then stun lock them,but im not sure if that would work either

Ive fought good sorc and op healers to but its just not the same sorcs I can burst down alot faster even when there in the good healer gear as goes with ops but BH mercs i just dont understand,is it realy supposed to take that long to kill them?

LOL are you being serious ?

you know how much burst dps a pyrotech has ?

if a healer dont LOS knock pyrotechs back and stun them then a healer is as good as dead vs a good pyrotech railshot spammer.

im sorry but pyrotech does crazy damage if you cant kill a healer as one you are just bad.

lol learn to play your OP broken class and you will see how easy it is to faceroll everything spamming rail shot lol

no because healers give up there damage for healing obviously. its already hard enough to stay alive 1 vs 1 now with all the OP broken class's and specs wait till after 1.2 healers wont even be able to do jack.

you wont see many healers in 1.2

if a healer dont LOS knock pyrotechs back and stun them then a healer is as good as dead vs a good pyrotech railshot spammer.

im sorry but pyrotech does crazy damage if you cant kill a healer as one you are just bad.

lol learn to play your OP broken class and you will see how easy it is to faceroll everything spamming rail shot lol

This is about a MERC pyro, not a Powertech, unless ofc you are a sniper or a terrible player, then it's true.

No, it is quite hard to kill a healer 1on1 as a pyro/merc, they can cure your dots, and easily outheal your powershot, thermal detonator and rapidshot damage.

As you do not have an interrupt the fight is very difficult.

Edited by KKaae

Ofcourse. It should be 50/50. A DPS should be able to kill a healer 50% of the time, and a healer should be able to survive without being killed by a DPS 50% of the time, otherwise it would just be imbalanced and everyone would roll a healer for guaranteed survivability 1 vs 1.

no, and it shouldn't even be close. a good healer should be unkillable 1v1, but also not able to kill anyone else. it's the way a good mmo is designed ie. DAOC

I tend to agree with Deridia. Curious how others feel.

Alma, I feel that an equally skilled/geared DPS should be able to kill and equally skilled/geared DPS 50/50, but not a DPS/Healer matchup.

In the DPS/Healer matchup, the healer shouldn't ever be able to "win"... only keep themselves up. The only thing I support is that yes, a DPS should be able to "tie up" a healer keeping him busy healing himself, but I don't think they should be able to kill them 1v1.

Edited by Shlamorel

It doesn't play out that way ... its more of the rock, paper, scissors mmo theology even here in TOR. Some classes/specs trump healers a very high percentage of the time, others are just annoyances.

The cool thing is, all the anti-healing pundits, you're game is coming ... just bide your time.

Edited by HoosierDuke

I tend to agree with Deridia. Curious how others feel.

Alma, I feel that an equally skilled/geared DPS should be able to kill and equally skilled/geared DPS 50/50, but not a DPS/Healer matchup.

In the DPS/Healer matchup, the healer shouldn't ever be able to "win"... only keep themselves up. The only thing I support is that yes, a DPS should be able to "tie up" a healer keeping him busy healing himself, but I don't think they should be able to kill them 1v1.

I am much more along the line of thinking that a healer should not be killed quickly by just 1 dps, if they get heals off. However in the long run an equally geared dps and healer should split half the 1v1s. Also I think if both players our of equal talent than the healer should only be able to heal himself in a 1v1 situation, and that is what I see in this game. Granted this game is not balanced around 1v1 (and it shouldn't) i have yet to see a healer who can maintain 2+ people while be exclusively focused. I think most of the perceived imbalance in healers come from people not focus firing, or DPS not fully understanding the support that a healer gets from his teammates like peels, taunts, and others. Many people think they are 1v1ing, while simply 1v3ing.

With all that said, I am yet to see good geared maraduar not kill a healer in a 1v1 if skill and gear are eqaul, and im yet to see a decent combat medic die to a pyrotech in the same situation. Different specs and classes have differing roles, I don't expect every dps class to have all the tools to 1v1 a healer.

Yes they can - They are called Mara/Sent - only DPS class worth a dam in the game. Then theres all the tanks that make betteer DPS classes then everyone but a mara and then theres healers. Every other class might as well not bother.

Yes they can - They are called Mara/Sent - only DPS class worth a dam in the game. Then theres all the tanks that make betteer DPS classes then everyone but a mara and then theres healers. Every other class might as well not bother.

I didn't ask if any DPS can kill a healer, I was asking if they should be able to on a conceptual/theoretical level.

I was basically just posing another perspective of answering the OP's question.

Edited by Shlamorel

Learn to read Pyro Merc not pyro PT

Its very easy to kill a healer on any class. Just do the following:

1. Press Enter key

2. type "Focus (name of the healer)"

3. Press Enter key again.

Healer dies a few seconds later.

LOL are you serious?

In order for a move to be spammable it has to have NO COOLDOWN. Something like Inquisitor/Consular lighting/pebbles.

I've played Commando ( Hybrid , Full heals , Assault ).

Many times as healer I tank 2 - 4 over and over especially If they are less experienced and I have cd's up. Many players are in BM or Champ gear on my server so that is not much of an issue these days.

Its a different story against top echelon players from specific classes. Basically I get killed most by Powertech with fire. That whole pull + burst sequence is bad news if I don't have specific skills up. Over time, situation has marginally improved but overall Powertech still pose the greatest threat to me. That multiple instant(s) burst sequence supercedes even Sentinel ( Annihilation / Watchmen ) or Juggernauts that focus on battlefield control which are the next two classes I am vary off.

Pyrotech Merc has very little chance to take down high end geared healers alone ( No interrupt haha ) However as an assist very good odds. As Assault Commando ( Pyro mirror ) timing a delayed Assault Plastique to go off with High Impact Bolt would cause most panic and mistakes on their end. Your stun timing in lieu of interrupt + punt would also be crucial.

Edited by Stovokor

I don't think 1 DPS should be able to kill 1 healer, regardless of DPS class used. I do think, however, that 1 DPS (regardless of DPS class used again) should be able to keep 1 healer so occupied healing themselves (via damage/interrupts/CC) that they don't have the GCD to toss an offensive ability or heal anyone else. Most DPS classes don't have that capability.

Thats not the way it's designed here, Sorc's who spec right can do some good damage while spam healing themselves without ever running out of Force.

A properly spec'ed sorc will just spam heal until the DPS'er runs out of energy and then he will nuke em.... Why do you think people have been calling sorc's OP since beta...

Now if you don't spec right and you have terrible gear then yeah the Sorc is going to get owned....

Doesn't help that Sorc's can reset their Global CD by exploiting a game mechanic...

Edited by Monoth

Yeah like others have said, Pyro merc is not as potent as pyro powertech. Rail shot is triggered by two channeled skills, easily interrupted, and can't proc rail shot as much, due to that. Also unload and powershot used to proc rail shot mean you are less mobile. Mercs have no interrupt either, so killing any competent healer is impossible 1v1. A powertech can harass and wear down a healer simply because they don't have to stop moving, can keep the healer essentially perma snared, can grapple them back if they run, have better complimentary trees in general for pyro, and also have an interrupt.

This isn't to say mercs aren't good as pyro, but powertechs are better.

I don't think 1 DPS should be able to kill 1 healer, regardless of DPS class used. I do think, however, that 1 DPS (regardless of DPS class used again) should be able to keep 1 healer so occupied healing themselves (via damage/interrupts/CC) that they don't have the GCD to toss an offensive ability or heal anyone else. Most DPS classes don't have that capability.

Making healers a Tank (via their spam healing) is a bad mechanic, healers should have to do some actual damage and use their heals to extend peoples lives including their own BUT never make it so they can live forever because of it. Thats just bad design..

I think GW2 got it right removing the healing class and allowing everyone to have their own set of heals... Healing classes unbalance PvP badly in ever MMO I have ever played...

The Best Warfronts I have played in SWTOR have been the ones where neither team had a healer, it was fun and fast paced... Healer classes only add frustration to PvP because they are always OP in ever MMO.. Healers especially if there is a group of them are very frustrating because they will just spam heal everyone and pretty much nobody dies....

It's frustrating getting peoples health down to 30%-40% and then poof they have 100% health again...

I would rather see healers get a buff to their DPS and a debuff to their heals to make Warzones more fun. Because right now whichever team has the most healers is usually going to win by a large margin.