What happened to Revan?

JediMasterYuvan

I defeated Revan at the Foundry, but I didn't think his death would've ended the Cold War (SWTOR). Revan was determined to defeat the Sith Empire, and he's delved deeper into the Force in the Old Republic than any other Jedi or Sith (except the Sith Emperor). And besides, before killing blow, he jumped in the Foundry and disappeared. I don't think he's dead. Or is he?

Bioware and LucasArts, will there be more of Revan? I would hate to hear that our Old Republic era hero Revan is dead. He's too awesome to die.

A good writer is brave enough to kill his heroes. Prolonging their life and repeatedly returning them from death diminishes their iconic status. What happened to Revan is that he is now one with the Force. He already had quite the journey and left his mark on the galaxy.

A good writer is brave enough to kill his heroes. Prolonging their life and repeatedly returning them from death diminishes their iconic status. What happened to Revan is that he is now one with the Force. He already had quite the journey and left his mark on the galaxy.

^This I can agree with, its been 300 years since his time he doesn't have a place in this era.

I seriously doubt that he's dead. It's a good rule of thumb that any ambiguous "death" means that he didn't die. It's like in the comics. If you don't see the severed head, he's still alive. If you DO see the severed head, chances are it was a clone and he's still alive. Well, that last one doesn't really fit into Star Wars very often, but you get the idea. lol

I seriously doubt that he's dead. It's a good rule of thumb that any ambiguous "death" means that he didn't die. It's like in the comics. If you don't see the severed head, he's still alive. If you DO see the severed head, chances are it was a clone and he's still alive. Well, that last one doesn't really fit into Star Wars very often, but you get the idea. lol

So Jango could still be alive?

whoa spoiler much?

apart from that, going after the foundry deal...

is it really so clear you are fighting the .real. Revan? I'm not too sure it is ;)

There is nothing to state otherwise, besides that, Surik would know if he was a clone, a fake.

Oh, this again.

I can't get the spoiler thingy to work. It's really him, the Exile would know and she is the one guiding you to rescue him. Also, yes he is killed at the hands of the imperial players, get over it.

Edited by Jandi

Oh, this again.

I can't get the spoiler thingy to work. It's really him, the Exile would know and she is the one guiding you to rescue him. Also, yes he is killed at the hands of the imperial players, get over it.

While Revan at the Maelstorm Nebula prison is the real one without a doubts (as few people said - Meetra Surik's entity would be able to sense if he was fake) the one at the Foundry COULD BE some sort of clone/distraction. Though I think it would be just stretching it and not really something that I would consider as good writing. Also, when you talk with Revan aboard Telos V after freeing him, he tells you about the Foundry and that he plans to use it to "save the galaxy". So yeah, Revan at the Foundry is most likely real.

And no, he is not killed there - just defeated. Two very different things. Get over it. :p

And no, he is not killed there - just defeated. Two very different things. Get over it. :p

Well, they brought Maul back so you have a point, my mistake. It's still rather pointless to debate about it since it's obvious that in star wars, bad writing trumps all logic and reason anyway and as such it's up to the writers because any points for or against are irrelevant.

Well, they brought Maul back so you have a point, my mistake. It's still rather pointless to debate about it since it's obvious that in star wars, money trumps all logic and reason anyway and as such it's up to the writers because any points for or against are irrelevant.

Fixed.

I defeated Revan at the Foundry, but I didn't think his death would've ended the Cold War (SWTOR). .

What death? Weren't you paying attention? Once he says something to the effect that he finally understands old friend- (a reference to when he kills Malek I guess?)

Then if you watch closely it says some kind of heal over his char bar-Then he disappears. Most likely to that crusier that you see overhead earlier in the flashpoint.

So he's not dead at all.

In the beta he was a killable boss but the outcry was huge in the forums from players and so it was changed.

Edited by zodden

Well, they brought Maul back so you have a point, my mistake. It's still rather pointless to debate about it since it's obvious that in star wars, bad writing trumps all logic and reason anyway and as such it's up to the writers because any points for or against are irrelevant.

If you noticed everyone who's ever fallen down an x meter shaft has miraculously survived and returned, in the starwars universe. I am still awaiting my "Darth Malgus is back!" patch.

Would be crazy if he knocked up some girl in tatooine and ended up being Luke's ancestor (starting the bloodline that led up to Anakin, who was many thousands of years later born on Tatooine)

If he isn't dead they could bring him back as a raid boss and end it there, he was too powerful in the force to be offed as a mere flashpoint boss that wasn't even level 50