The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.2 Changes to gear. People who min/maxed their potential with mods get shafted.

AMKSED

are there any official information regarding that topic. It seems everyone is a little bit confused.

I really need to know what happens to my gear. I spend to much time for the BM gear, just to replace it again with stupid new BM gear, just to be equal with everyone else.

:(

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always nice to see them punish people for trying to bypass the fact their itemization sucks almost as badly as warhammer at release. I hear stacking crit over soft cap and accuracy over 100% is what the pros do. I also hear stacking alacrity on classes throttled not by cast speed, but by their energy mechanic is how it should be done.

I just want to hear if I have to replace my mods and enchantments, or not.

That´s all.

I don´t care why, or if it is good or not. I need to know what I have to do that my gear will be upgraded, and then I just change it back.

Also, WHEN I should do that, but this would come close to an official statement of when 1.2 will be released, so I think this will not come ^^

It's funny how the noobs who left thier standard gear alone get upgraded, whilst the people who spent a lot of time and in game money to optimise thier mods/enhancements in thier bm gear essentially get the middle finger. I'm not in that situation but it stinks. But what also stinks is that my heavily optimised (at great in game cost) champion set which would outperform standard bm gear becomes near worthless as there will be no expertise added to champion mods and enhancements, thanks bioware!

problem is, that 1.2 should come at april. Now it is almost april. I can´t wait until the last minute to change everything, so that I get my BM gear upgraded.

I just need a clear answer what is happening.

Sorry for playing the game as intended with intelligence... I will make sure in future games to carebear bad players by acting like a moron and leaving the entirely useless base mods in the gear...

lol you read about it on the forums and then changed your gear like one of the sheep. Take your medicine. If you are so intelligent, find the original mods.

It isn't that hard.

Your a pro remember? You need the original mods. Find them, buy them, replace them. It isn't that hard for most pros.

What an @ss hole, the point is you shouldn't be forced to get the old cr@p mods back in order for BW not to screw you. BTW way it's 'you're a pro' and not 'your a pro', all pros know this.

What an @ss hole, the point is you shouldn't be forced to get the old cr@p mods back in order for BW not to screw you. BTW way it's 'you're a pro' and not 'your a pro', all pros know this.

you really should stop trolling in the forums.

this is a general issue for many player, also people who do not have the orginal mods, since they just sold them, or have deleted them by modding their stuff.

it just can´t be that a lot of player will get screwed because they tried to get the maximum out of their BM gear. We talk about the current endgame gear for pvp, not for a T1 set which you get within 1 day of work.

Guys, if they would upgrade(buff) w/e mod you used to min/max your armor that will create unique mods that will be unobtainable by other players which is not a good practice if they want to have some sort of control in this game. A solution will be that they would rewrite any mod found in a piece of armor to match the mods found in the vanilla armor (that bought from the vendors) but by doing that some players will lose the mods used for the min/max fitting.

All in all a tough problem which,sadly, doesn't have a solution to please all.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

you really should stop trolling in the forums.

this is a general issue for many player, also people who do not have the orginal mods, since they just sold them, or have deleted them by modding their stuff.

it just can´t be that a lot of player will get screwed because they tried to get the maximum out of their BM gear. We talk about the current endgame gear for pvp, not for a T1 set which you get within 1 day of work.

Ok, so in your mind I'm trolling even though I agree that BW not updating anything other than the vanilla gear is not fair to those who invested the time to optimised their gear, and the guy I quoted who talks like a complete d-bag and expects people to gather the gear they already gathered all over again and repeatedly uses the term 'pro' isn't a troll? Christ man get some reading comprehension..

Edited by Brownnoise

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): "Accuracy counters your target's ability to defend (dodge, deflect, etc.) against your attacks. You are correct about the accuracy budget on the current end game gear being too generous for most scenarios - unless you are a dedicated tank killer in PvP, you probably do not need as much as you get from Rakata gear at the moment and you should consider swapping out some mods to support your preferred playstyle.

This was the " advise" . Bioware never warned that a totally new system where older gear in original condition would be needed to acquire the next tier. It was direct acquisition via currency like tokens / comms . It should have been specifically mentioned to save the BM Accuracy enhancement.

Just allow us to have the choice to trade our old BM set for the new. I changed out my mods to min/max and didn't bother saving 20+ worthless accuracy mods/enhancements and wasting over a million credits.

Implement this and don't shaft loyal player's . It all leads back to poor itemization in the first place. Don't exacerbate that oversight by making it worse.

Edited by Stovokor

how the hell are you suppose to determine witch are the old mods? its not our fault for spending millions of credits over time to optimize our gear only to get Fracked over 1.2 when everyone who doesn't change mods in gear gets a huge advantage. Now i really have to grind a second set in order to compete in rated warzones? It seems you can't do a straight up swap. i checked the pts and you need a battlemaster item plus 1500-2000 rated warzone comms per item swap unless im missing something... Edited by Skorched

• 2 weeks later...
This was the " advise" . Bioware never warned that a totally new system where older gear in original condition would be needed to acquire the next tier. It was direct acquisition via currency like tokens / comms . It should have been specifically mentioned to save the BM Accuracy enhancement.

Looks like we got Zoellered!

Yep just replaced my 4 BM pieces today with the scoundrel glove enhancement. Honestly i don't know why alacrity is even on combat medic gear, come 1.2 any amount of alacrity will run you out of ammo so fast. BW has terribly itemized mods in top tier gear, than penalizes players for swapping wasted stats out. gg

Battlemaster Gear

Battlemaster Gear, as of 1.2, no longer requires a 60 Valor rating and is acquired straight through Warzone commendations at the Battlemaster PvP vendor on the fleet.

As of 1.2, Battlemaster gear features an increased budget of expertise and an update stat distribution on a small subset of items on some classes.

These changes to the stat distribution are a result of issues fixed with the original Battlemaster set of mods. As mentioned before, we will automatically update your Battlemaster items to the new version when you log into the game the first time after 1.2 has been deployed, provided that the items still contain their original mods. Reinserting these mods into the existing gear will suffice for this purpose.

Edited by Angelfeeties