Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When 1.2 hits....

Darth_Vicente

What characters will you make with the legacy system? And how will you play?

The very first thing I am going to do is make a Miraluka Sith Juggernaut (I wrote my Sith Warrior to be a Miraluka before they even announced playable races, and was planning to just cover her face in the event they wouldn't be playable).

Then I will proceed to do PvP until she hits level 50, at which point I will play through her story, with her as strong as she was when I RP'd with her pre-launch.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight, and will run around either Force Lightning things or Force Choking. Every time I do it, I will announce it in general chat so all the lore whiners will know it is happening.

I'll also make sure I have the most face tendrils so I look the most Sith.

Edited by monkgryphon

Miraluka Sith Jugg/Marauder--not sure the specifics yet. I loved Visas Marr's character and have been excited about the ability to play a miraluka since this game was first conceived.

I like your idea, OP. Come back at 50 and just plow through it all in god-mode.

The idea of grinding up another toon in a different skin merely for RP purposes is hardly interesting or desired as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure there are others that feel otherwise, but churning through such a linear game is a bit mind-numbing of a process for me to consider at the moment.

At first when I played this game, I had a great time as I thought each decision I made on the conversation wheel actually had relevance.

Short of giving me veins that pop out on my forehead and changing the color of my lightsaber I have yet to discover them.

And that's the inherent problem with most MMO's-- relevance. you see the problem with most MMO's -- and the gamers themselves to a lesser extent-- is relevance. In order to have relevance you have to have winners and losers. Since no one subscribes to a game where they might lose, developers tend to err on the easy side now.

It is an indictment of both our culture and gamers today, as much as it is of devleopers. Tick off too many people and they cancel. Gamers no longer see the value in losing, they no longer learn from their experiences and merely want to win at any and all costs.

So for me, grinding up another toon is just another trip to the hamster wheel. 1.2 legacy system held promise for me as I thought it would allow me to hybridize classes in order to reach the full potential of cusomization. Instead it offers no solace to the hardcore gamer, it is merely icing that is sugary sweet and no real meat. The powers are only PVE one shot powers during a solo boss fight.

Perhaps the legacy system will be tweaked down the road. I have yet to cap on legacy xp (somewhere in the 30''s I think I am now) so perhaps deep into the trees will be worth the effort. I like to play the long game so we will see.

But for now, more RP is not what we need. We need more G and less RP in this RPG.

Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight, and will run around either Force Lightning things or Force Choking. Every time I do it, I will announce it in general chat so all the lore whiners will know it is happening.

I'll also make sure I have the most face tendrils so I look the most Sith.

You are going to be dissapointed. Your Sith pure blood jedi will use Jedi powers, not Sith powers. So at most you will be able to force choke/force lightning(depending on wether you have a 50 sith warrior or inquisitor) 1 enemy once every 20 mins as that legacy ability is tied to your Heroic moment ability, 20 min cooldown.

When it arrives it will be very interesting to see all the developments and new additions. I am very interested to see how they are going to benefit from the experience of the on line real life testing that actual operation of the MMO will have given them. Can't Wait.

Miraluka Sith Jugg/Marauder--not sure the specifics yet. I loved Visas Marr's character and have been excited about the ability to play a miraluka since this game was first conceived.

Damn straight! I struggled the fair way through one class story :p

Would definately save me from having to do all the stupid planet quests again.

I wish my game time ran out in 10 days. Oh wait.... nope, nevermind, just checked. Still got 3 more months of hell and bad design.......

So it ends just in time for The Secret world. better hope Funcom doesn't screw their launch up again.

I know I'm hoping like hell they have a decent launch for once, because the game looks pretty interesting and the no level/classes skill setup i've been waiting for since UO

Miraluka Sniper ... because its funny (blind marksman?) :D

Actually no, im not. I already have my Sniper at level 44, hell, all my alts are of significant level and im not about to be swindled into wasting more time leveling one (or buying a race change when its released) because Bioware decided to release this crap 5 months after release.

So much for the "oh we had geometric/lore limitations with our choices in race/class" ... bite me BW .... bite me.

Edited by MasterKayote

None, not until they introduce NEW species instead of taking the easy option and spreading the existing ones around.

Wookiee, Trandoshan, Jawa, Sentient Robot, Ithorian, Bothan, Mon Calamari, Devorian, hell even a bloody Ewok..there are so many iconic races overlooked for ones which are human-like and easy to do.

Change the colour of a human model, bang, Chiss, new race, easy mode.

Those blind people, human model, whack a silly hat on em, bang, new race, easy mode. Those green things, human model, change skin colour, add silly markings, bang, new race, easy mode.

Even Twileks and Sith have the same basic body type, it's such a cop-out.

Give me a NEW race to play thats not a human with oddly coloured skin or a silly appendage or garment and has a NEW UNIQUE storyline and i'll roll a new character.

Christ it's like the Simpsons episode where everyone goes mad over the new doll because it has a new hat....are we really that easily pleased?

Until then, no thanks.

Edited by Faeldawn

None, not until they introduce NEW species instead of taking the easy option and spreading the existing ones around.

Wookiee, Trandoshan, Jawa, Sentient Robot, Ithorian, Bothan, Mon Calamari, Devorian, hell even a bloody Ewok..there are so many iconic races overlooked for ones which are human-like and easy to do.

Change the colour of a human model, bang, Chiss, new race, easy mode.

Those blind people, human model, whack a silly hat on em, bang, new race, easy mode. Those green things, human model, change skin colour, add silly markings, bang, new race, easy mode.

Even Twileks and Sith have the same basic body type, it's such a cop-out.

Give me a NEW race to play thats not a human with oddly coloured skin or a silly appendage or garment and has a NEW UNIQUE storyline and i'll roll a new character.

Christ it's like the Simpsons episode where everyone goes mad over the new doll because it has a new hat....are we really that easily pleased?

Until then, no thanks.

+1 totally

Hi, you'll never get any of those races. Have a nice day.

Until then, no thanks.

But she has a new hat! Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie.

(I love the Simpsons)

What characters will you make with the legacy system? And how will you play?

The very first thing I am going to do is make a Miraluka Sith Juggernaut (I wrote my Sith Warrior to be a Miraluka before they even announced playable races, and was planning to just cover her face in the event they wouldn't be playable).

Then I will proceed to do PvP until she hits level 50, at which point I will play through her story, with her as strong as she was when I RP'd with her pre-launch.

I currently have two toons I play... My Main a 50 Chiss Sniper and my 42 Twi'lik Assassin.

I plan to roll a sith Jugg/Marauder (not sure which advanced class I am going yet) and a Jedi Sage. Both with be Male Chiss who are twins sons of my Sniper.

I plan to have a RP story behind of how they where taken from their mother at youth (her being a sniper and emperor supporter, also dark side and not much of a nurturing type) and one son reveling in the training on Korriban, while the other brother struggles with his morality, and eventually is saved by the Jedi order and trained in their ways.

I figure this could make for quite a rivalry. I have not entirely worked in my Twi'lik yet, but figure she was a slave to my Snipers family before her force sensitivity was discovered... maybe even was a nurse/caretaker for the boys before they where taken to the academy... maybe that is how she was discovered?

We will see.

I will most likely combo pvp/pve level them since I like variety.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.