Will You Still Play Your Nerfed Class Post 1.2?

Gonewild

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cycle is the same in all MMO's. Getting a clue fast might save you further aggravation in other games.

I was initially Assault commando ( DoTs nerfed in prior patch )

Now I tend to heal as commando. Plan to continue with my spec although it seems to have been hit with most number of nerfs in 1.2. Haha Let smugglers enjoy a period of being strongest heals :p

I play a sorc and I love my class. I Am going to play my Sorc post 1.2. Are you going to play your current class after 1.2's nerf beatdown?

Sage, and yes I will. I rolled it on day one of the early access and im sticking with it.

The cycle is the same in all MMO's. Getting a clue fast might save you further aggravation in other games.

I was initially Assault commando ( DoTs nerfed in prior patch )

Now I tend to heal as commando. Plan to continue with my spec although it seems to have been hit with most number of nerfs in 1.2. Haha Let smugglers enjoy a period of being strongest heals :p

Dont kid yourself scoundrel healers will still be prime for chop...They have no Sprint/nogodly defense bubble. They will still die in seconds when a sentinel/vanguard focus them.

I play a sorc and I love my class. I Am going to play my Sorc post 1.2. Are you going to play your current class after 1.2's nerf beatdown?

Of course. I will still play all 3 of my healers...op, sorc, and commando. And even with the nerfs im sure I still will be fine playing sorc and commando.

I wont be playing SWTOR post 1.2 (well dont play it since patch notes were presented to us) because of abbysmal class imbalance post 1.2.

Or it could be what it is: failed open world PvP and intentional (inducted) class imbalances to "encourage" rerolling (only way to explain what they are doing).

Its also a direct copy of WoW.

The only rerolling they encourged is rerolling GW2.

You people make me laugh so hard. ArenaNet isn't reinventing the wheel with GW2. There is nothing groundbreaking about the game unless you consider giving everyone their own heals revolutionary. Its going to play just like every other EQ clone from the last decade. Sheesh.

You people make me laugh so hard. ArenaNet isn't reinventing the wheel with GW2. There is nothing groundbreaking about the game unless you consider giving everyone their own heals revolutionary. Its going to play just like every other EQ clone from the last decade. Sheesh.

And you fanbois make me laugh up so hard.

You should really check up on GW2 before writing nonsense.

And, IF nothing else:

1. PvP will be...worth playing.

2. Its B2P, NO SUB

In years of playing MMOs, no, I haven' t had such a consistent combination of both poorly planned balancing , poor communication, suspect internal QA (internal testing) and badly executed PTS.

So no, I should not be expected to "get used to it" when I am paying for what is supposed to be software developed by professionals.

Yup.

It's starting to look like they can't pull it off.

Edited by SuperSair

I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of people posting on this thread have not even tested the new changes, and are just crying based on some patch notes. Funny thing is almost all the testers that have actually tested the changes have said its no where as bad as the extremists are claiming.

I've already unsubbed.

And before you get ready to type some inane drivel like "herp derp this is how mmos are" because you played 1 mmo like wow for a year, all that means is that you don't know the scope of changes currently on 1.2, and most likely suck at video games. If you're then going to post something really stupid like "everyone testing 1.2 has said no big deal" then you're just plain lying. Here's a couple of examples:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379391

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=369275

In other words, I've played enough mmos to know that "adapting to changes" means "paying to play a beta." These are video games, leisure activity for my free time. If you're still in the neckbeard stage of sticking things out just to see what obtuse changes this dev team will do next, you're free to be a giant chump while sending dollars to EA. I'm just going to play another video game.

Hope that doesn't make anyone upset.

Edited by XenonParsec

I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of people posting on this thread have not even tested the new changes, and are just crying based on some patch notes. Funny thing is almost all the testers that have actually tested the changes have said its no where as bad as the extremists are claiming.

Standard fare whenever they nerf a OP class, people who play that quest go QQ in the forums because now they lost that extra edge that made them fell special about themselves...

When a class (when spec'ed right) can spam heal forever then yeah somethings not right

As a gunslinger I would love to spam my big abilities forever without worrying about energy..

And, IF nothing else:

2. Its B2P, NO SUB

Arena.net is doing it right with regard to pvp- there is no doubt about it. I gravitate to pvp in this game, but I did not choose to play SWTOR for it's pvp (if that makes sense). I purchased this game because of the Star Wars license, and because of BioWare.

Prior to SWTOR, I played pvp-centric games such as EVE Online and Darkfall. I quit EVE after ambulation and the leaked announcement that players could buy better gear with currency. Darkfall has the worst management short of SWG: Great potential but, little to no professional support and implementation.

I may try other games down the road, but I don't want to condemn SWTOR just yet- I just hope that my class will still be as fun post 1.2 as it is now.

Seeing as how it is very easy to level in this game, rerolling is almost encouraged. The worst case scenario is that sorcs will not have a Place in rated pvp. That would be the one reason I would shelve the class in favor for another.

And, IF nothing else:

2. Its B2P, NO SUB

YOUR fanboi is showing. I know exactly how it plays, and like I said nothing revolutionary. Also it has the same class balance issues every other rpg game has.

When your highest damage ability has been completely removed and nothing has been added elsewhere- it's not hard to tell how it'll work before trying it.

If they removed one of the wings off an airplane, I don't need to be a pilot or mechanical engineer to tell you it might not fly as well as it did before.

But I understand it's difficult for the current generation to be able to think about things before they see them in action, and no doubt there's some fantastic spin you can hook up to say that sorc burst isn't gone, such as 'sorc burst isn't gone, because you have an instant mez!' or, 'sorc burst isn't gone, because you have sprint and healing!'. Yes, that proves it, sorc burst isn't the worst in the game by a long shot... because we have so many roots, including the zero we get without speccing.

And, IF nothing else:

2. Its B2P, NO SUB

Grats, you're a fanboi for a game that isn't out yet, for a sequel to a single player game with hubs.

50 Sage (Hybrid): Yes, nerfs barely affected my build/play style.

50 Commando (Gunnery): Yes, nerfs barely affected my build/play style.

40 Scoundrel (Scrapper): Yes, nerfs barely affected my build/play style.

40 Shadow (Kinetic): Yes, no nerfs.

36 Vanguard (Shield): Yes, no nerfs.

32 Sentinel (Focus): Yes, no nerfs (buffs!)

Gunslinger and Guardian not made yet, but I will be making/playing them too.

Actually no buffs to mara/sent, made each spec viable and current math on Carnage draws out to less dmg from art form procs...

Yes I will still play my arsenal merc.

DFA change hurts and TM longer activation time scare me a bit, but meh. (EDIT: heh I didn't read the patch notes carefully. I can sleep peacefully now when I can reduce casting time of TM via skill tree :D )

With the Buff to Heatseeker (+10%) and Unload proc'ing more often, I think our DPS will actual rise.

Did I read some of the TM buffs will now stack to 10 instead of 5?

I've already unsubbed.

And before you get ready to type some inane drivel like "herp derp this is how mmos are" because you played 1 mmo like wow for a year, all that means is that you don't know the scope of changes currently on 1.2, and most likely suck at video games. If you're then going to post something really stupid like "everyone testing 1.2 has said no big deal" then you're just plain lying. Here's a couple of examples:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379391

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=369275

In other words, I've played enough mmos to know that "adapting to changes" means "paying to play a beta." These are video games, leisure activity for my free time. If you're still in the neckbeard stage of sticking things out just to see what obtuse changes this dev team will do next, you're free to be a giant chump while sending dollars to EA. I'm just going to play another video game.

Hope that doesn't make anyone upset.

You unsubbed before anything even went live... lawlwut...Remeber operatives were NERFED yet as of today they can still kill anyone in game with a stunlock-vanish stunlock...wait till its live at least my god.

kids? i'm a grown adult who skipped all these linear games to get caught finally by bioware, i feel foolish, d3 until a GOOD sandbox come out so i can role-play like i did in SWG pre cu, even eq. Always been a crafter and they dumbed it down to a new level in this game.

BUT YOUR CLASS WAS ON THE PATCH NOTES LIST AND GRAV ROUND DAMAGE WENT DOWN SLIGHTLY!

Your class is clearly unplayable now and you should unsub.

Gawd.

BUT YOUR CLASS WAS ON THE PATCH NOTES LIST AND GRAV ROUND DAMAGE WENT DOWN SLIGHTLY!

Your class is clearly unplayable now and you should unsub.

Gawd.

Heh.

Only noobs spammed Grav Round/Tracer Missile. It will barely affect my build (mix a few points around), and doesn't affect my rotations/play style at all.

My goal is to have all 8 classes at lvl 50. They can nerf whatever they want, I'll just relog to the new FOTM. :D

I actually feel bad for the developers on GW2. It will probably be a good game in the MMO genre but everyone wants it to be MMO Jesus and revolutionize everything about MMOs. Admittedly they're bringing some of that upon themselves but people have WAY to high expectations for it just like they did with SWTOR.

10 bucks says the balance will be 10X worse than SWTOR when released. SWTOR is actually remarkably balanced for a new MMO.