Alderaan Warzone: If you're Losing DON"T CAP!

Ch_Zero

you want to talk mathematics and logic? "Let them win" shaves what, 1 minute of game time tops? Meanwhile in 1.2, contribution will be a large factor on rewards payout and winning is a bonus. As if that minute were even anything to begin with, in 1.2 it's a huge payout difference after you've already invested so much in the match.

You want to talk fun in a video game? Yeah, didn't think so. The just lettem win crowd has no argument there.

So really this is about you not being able to handle losing a game and pretending it's cause you're less efficiently grinding rewards. You try to say it's about time cause you're losing to try to cover up and justify feelings you don't want to deal with.

Edited by HazardOOI

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you want to talk mathematics and logic? "Let them win" shaves what, 1 minute of game time tops? Meanwhile in 1.2, contribution will be a large factor on rewards payout and winning is a bonus. As if that minute were even anything to begin with, in 1.2 it's a huge payout difference after you've already invested so much in the match.

You want to talk fun in a video game? Yeah, didn't think so. The just lettem win crowd has no argument there.

So really this is about you not being able to handle losing a game and pretending it's cause you're less efficiently grinding rewards. You try to say it's about time cause you're losing to try to cover up and justify feelings you don't want to deal with.

Haha bravo!!

I don't think I can condone such action. I mean, if there is no real way to win, it is understandable ... but I have seen 3 or 4 people in a team give up within the first 2 mins because things didn't go there way. They end up just sitting around waiting for the ship to be destroyed .. not AFK as such, but they may as well be.

TBH, I haven't seen that sort of attitude in a while, but when I come across it, well, its annoying. It seems that this may not happen come 1.2 though, but I am not too clued up on those changes yet.

"We shall go on to the end (...) We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!"

...ok it's hard for me to quit:p

"We shall go on to the end (...) We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!!"

...ok it's hard for me to quit:p

Nice I love that line, was it Churchill?

As I said, I have mixed feelings. I am not the OP, by the way.

I do not find it fun to know, with between 5-12 minutes left, that there is no possible chance of winning the WZ. I wish I could get more into the "red=dead" thing, but I am objective minded. Running around aimlessly zapping red nametags to no avail is not "fun" to me. Particularly since we're losing, the chances are good that everyone left their brains in their gerbils for the match and that is also a bit aggravating.

Real problem is that BW invented a WZ where there is such a problem as "the math don't work". I think they envisioned close matches, and I've been in a few (which are a blast). Unfortunately, while pugging, most are not - they are complete blowouts for one side or the other. And the math is inexorable.

I hope 1.2, aside from making my healing a LOT harder, brings something good to the table.

Even in Voidstar if your team didnt pass the first door and you were first attacking if the other team pass first door already and you have already lost

a) u can get medals

b) you can learn something

c) you can plan something together with ur team-mate and see how it works out (you know make friends)

d) you are training

e) you are NOT A damn LOOSER

keep fighting or just leave the game and let someone that want to fight join.

Edited by Pekish

You obviously have a hard time distinguishing between giving up and not repeating an exercise in futility. It's okay.

And you obviously have a hard time distinguishing between your subjective opinion of futility and that of others.

Edited by Valsdad

The time management side generally can respect players who have a good reason to "never give up". We understand that there are exceptions to every rule, and not to overgeneralize or deal in absolutes. But the "never give up" side can't seem to acknowledge mathematics and statistics because it would probably cause them too much cognitive dissonance. Some can concede that the reward rate is faster but many others are in denial.

Majority of posters in this thread don't even read the thread title, or think that we're talking about when the score is 600-550 or something.

The point of the PvP match is to attack and kill other players. I do not PvP for rewards or titles or gear, I PvP with the sole intention to attack and kill other player characters.

My general mentality is that if I must lose; my enemy's victory will be expensive and bloody.

I would like to see a game where nobody caps on either side. Maybe someone can make a video of a peaceful warzone lol.

I always wondered how long before the warzone just ended on its own.

Lol.. Just lol, I have to say I LOVE this idea. I too am not a quitter and have been reprimanded more than once for continuing to do what I love doing. PVP... OH well :D I applaud this.

It annoys me when I get in a group, we will have 7 and people start dropping group and leaving the wz because OMG IM not going to win. I too have been on the losing end to flip the wz over and win by the skin of our a#s. Or when you have some Self declared most awesomest pvper yelling in OPS how idiotic everyone is and they suck or cuss them out through the game instead of playing. YOU are soooo good you have time to write 4 sentences at a time yelling at everyone. ONly to find that person had the least amount of dmg, kills, healing yeah.... AWESOMENESSEST at its finest.

I usually am in PUG groups only because of the varied hours my guild is on, and I have to say some of our pug groups were tremendously awesome because PEOPLE tried.

Edited by Niypi

Meh, if you wanna play and fight I say go for it. I mean, why else are you pvp'ing? If it's only for medals and gear then it seems an inverted set of priorities. It's for fun and to see if you can repeatedly outwit your opponent by using a clever sequence of abilities, depending on the situation.

A quote from one of the greatest men to ever live, Sir Winston Chruchill. good on you Nunil_Malis.:)

I never give up in a WZ. i guess i am just stubborn that way:D

It's about pvp, not about rewards. If I have 55 minutes for pvp, if I play 3 warzones or 4, it's still gonna be only 55 minutes, not more, not less. The only difference is the reward, which I don't care about.

look at the title of this thread and ask yourself why is that. Not because it wouldn't be possible more often but because people chicken out all the time, but you probably won't get that.

^^ this....

The point of the PvP match is to attack and kill other players. I do not PvP for rewards or titles or gear, I PvP with the sole intention to attack and kill other player characters.

My general mentality is that if I must lose; my enemy's victory will be expensive and bloody.

Nope, that's a means to an end. Your primary goal is to win a warzone. Killing enemy players of course helps a lot but you can actually win the warzone without killing a single enemy.

That being said - I enjoy a good fight and sometimes I will even disregard the warzone objectives (being republic and having 4 huttballs in a row can do that to you :p) just so I could focus on killing enemies :-)

Lol.. Just lol, I have to say I LOVE this idea. I too am not a quitter and have been reprimanded more than once for continuing to do what I love doing. PVP... OH well :D I applaud this.

It annoys me when I get in a group, we will have 7 and people start dropping group and leaving the wz because OMG IM not going to win. I too have been on the losing end to flip the wz over and win by the skin of our a#s. Or when you have some Self declared most awesomest pvper yelling in OPS how idiotic everyone is and they suck or cuss them out through the game instead of playing. YOU are soooo good you have time to write 4 sentences at a time yelling at everyone. ONly to find that person had the least amount of dmg, kills, healing yeah.... AWESOMENESSEST at its finest.

I usually am in PUG groups only because of the varied hours my guild is on, and I have to say some of our pug groups were tremendously awesome because PEOPLE tried.

Yes, it's sad when people look around and see me (lvl 14 now on new server) and some other low level people and quit.

Then the fight start and in the end who is the one on top of that team? Me, the low level guy that can't play...

Sure I don't have all the über skills, but I know what the goal is and I do give the enemy some trouble, even death.

I have seen high lvl people with top notch gear suck donkey. :D

Never give up is my moto! (hope I got that one right)

I don't agree with the "well, we're losing so let's just quit" mentality.

Never give up. Doesn't matter if you're losing. Never. Give. Up.

Then again, if throwing in the towel when the going gets rough works for some people, or fits their "failure is definitely an option" mentality, then what can you do....?

Some people play for the playing as a process of getting fun. Losing? Ok, why don't lose with some honor, instead of just "bend over" /sorry for that expression, i just emphasize my attitude towards giving up/. Why should we always aim at the optimum valor per hour gains, or similar grind? Math or not, it is very demoralizing to lose 3 to 0 in civil war, and the overall morale effect on your faction teammates piles as a mentality. This is why fighting till the end gives BETTER results in the long run even if you go to a WZ just for the grind. The more u give up, the more you will lose. After a certain point no one will ever put any effort to play. After another certain point no one will play at all. You can't grind if no wz's pop.