Have you been begged yet?

LordZook

It hasn't happened to me, but it would be naive to think that SWTOR is free of begging.

I'm really curious if any of you have been begged for the following:

1) Has anyone begged you for credits?

2) Have any low-level players begged you to run them through low-level flash points?

3) Has anyone begged you to join their group or guild?

How do you handle those situations if and when they occur?

Edited by LordZook

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had someone on Tat who was begging for 100 credits in chat saying he needed it to buy his speeder. Everyone was telling him to just go farm mobs for a few minutes.

After about 30 mins he sent me a tell asking for the 100. I told him to get lost, go kill things and he would have it in a few minutes.

He proceeded to cuss me out, saying he was reporting me for being rude. So I print screened what he said to me, reported him. Havent seen him since.

Edited by CeruleanNite

It hasn't happened to me, but it would be naive to think that SWTOR is free of begging.

2) Have any low-level players begged you to run them through low-level flash points?

No, no and no.

If it happened to me, I will just tell them sorry, I cannot help them.

In WoW, if you help them with money or low level stuff, they are gonna get spoiled and ask you to keep helping them. It happened to me. I helped someone in Darkshire by aoeing everything on my level 60, and after that, they kept asking me for help with things that they can do by themselves, while they just collect the loot.

That's not the way to play the game, and if you keep spoiling them like this, they are gonna get to level 85, and start asking for things to be nerfed to the ground because they cannot handle the difficulty.

Like raising a child, you may think that you are helping them by spoiling them, but you are actually harming them in the long-term.

Edited by ConradLionhart

I had someone get invited into my guild at 49, and as soon as they turned 50 they started begging for money to pay for their speeder training. Level 3 AND level 2, because they couldn't afford to buy either one. And then they also wanted help with buying speeders, starter gear for level 50. And there was constant begging for hardmode runs to get him gear.

We tried to be polite and suggest that he do dailies and space missions and PvP to make money, earn commendations, and get equipment, but all he did was insist that the it was the guild's job to get him ready for Ops and such, which is why he joined in the first place. So, yeah, he got gkicked and ignored, because he wouldn't stop whining about the gkick. :rolleyes:

Are you saying begging and asking for help are the same thing? I got my butt kicked by a boss for a bonus mission on my knight. 1 min later I saw a level 50 hunting holocrons. I asked him for 10 seconds of his time. If he didn't agree, oh well. I would have figured it out. So do you make a difference between beg and asking?

Why would anyone beg you for credits? Even at level 30, I can farm 50k credits in 2 hours. Certain it is even easier at 50.

I have had someone ask me for help with a quest real quick, but it was someone of my level. I have sometimes gone to lower level planets or FP to ask if anyone wanted any help getting through a group quest of FP, but have only ever actually had 1 person actually take me up on the offer.

You speak like this is a MMO with other players in it!

I havent even spoken to a stranger in weeks

Had an old guild member begging people to power run him through Colocoid. Turned into him raging and questioning the point of guilds if they weren't going to faceroll things for him, ended up getting gkicked then ************ about it on the Fleet.

I've had a couple of people beg and then nag me for credits. I just ignore them. What I find more annoying is getting group invites out of the blue. Then getting a whisper calling me some foul name or getting an attitude about me declining the invite.

If they would have just whispered before sending the invite all would have been good.

Oddly enough, no one's begged me for credits yet, maybe because I don't look rich enough. I've gotten plenty of "u wnt 2 join mi guild", to which the answer is always "Sure! Soon as you learn how to spell." /ignore.

The thing that's really aggravating me is the famous "Hi my friend" emails. These people honestly believe that I paid $60 for a game and another $15 subscription, just so I can pay them more of my money to play the game for me. There has to be a way to get this to stop. Anyone?

Yeah I get those all the time. It's not much of a deal though. I get 1000 credits for $60? lol I would spend a $100 for 2.5 million thought. lol It's been a pain getting credits playing solo with BW bs repair bills playing late night and can't find a group. :mad:

When people beg to me I say this;

"Give a man a fish and he won't starve for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he won't starve for his entire life."

If they understand it they leave you alone, if they don't understand it they're usually too embarrassed to continue the conversation. If you get the smart one who says 'teach me to fish' tell them to go do space missions, the fast and easy credits farm.

Oddly enough, no one's begged me for credits yet, maybe because I don't look rich enough. I've gotten plenty of "u wnt 2 join mi guild", to which the answer is always "Sure! Soon as you learn how to spell." /ignore.

The thing that's really aggravating me is the famous "Hi my friend" emails. These people honestly believe that I paid $60 for a game and another $15 subscription, just so I can pay them more of my money to play the game for me. There has to be a way to get this to stop. Anyone?

Keep reporting each email as harrassment. It's what I've been doing. Sooner or later, BW is going to have no choice but to bring down the banhammer upon their heads. I believe the EULA expressly forbids 3rd party advertising like that ingame. They are attempting to use the game to make money. If the GMs trace the character names and ban their accounts, hopefully it will stop.

When people beg to me I say this;

"Give a man a fish and he won't starve for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he won't starve for his entire life."

If they understand it they leave you alone, if they don't understand it they're usually too embarrassed to continue the conversation. If you get the smart one who says 'teach me to fish' tell them to go do space missions, the fast and easy credits farm.

I prefer the saying: Make a fire for a man, and you warm him for a night. Make a fire of a man, and you warm him for the rest of his life. :D Saw that one alot in EVE. lol