Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a relax folks, if you would have read the dev yellow note it said that upon release of pre-buy they had a huge peak of pre-orders, so now ALL the massive amount that preordered nearly in the same time asks to get in.

You got to understand that they progressively add players to the servers to make sure it won't fry down before launch happens, that is why they add players bit by bit. You also got to understand Bioware is a company, they've got to secure the money farming machine before pleasing the community.

Be patient, they gave us 2 extra EGA days why don't you enjoy the fact they did instead of complaining about everything. They could have let it to 5 days, which would have caused more QQing because servers could have lagged since there would have been more player/day, with the 7 days EGA it'll be more progressive and will be less likely to get pre-launch problems. I know this won't stop the trollers and the ragers, but people like me will understand better if someone points out the fact..

Only July is getting in today ... deal with it. Servers will crash tomorrow and be down till the 20th, at that point they will open them up to everyone and it will crash again and again because BW has horid planning. I love the guy that said they are staggering because of the login servers. What happen on the 20th when all the people that are playing now, allt he rest of the pre-order players and then the guys who are buying the gam all log in ................ Ponder ..................

Guess his thought process wasnt very good.

Simply put, this staggering is for 1 reason and 1 reason only ....

BW HAS NO CLUE HOW TO LAUNCH A GAME

Well then, sorry to hear you're not going to be playing SWTOR. Without you I guess that means we all move up one spot in the 'queue'. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your other game, best to you!

Agreed. they gave people an extra 2 days of EGA and people are still ************. I'm thrilled. The extra two days pushes me, and everyone else, wayyy farther up the queue in comparison to what it would have been.

but instead we get people kvetching and moaning about which wave their in, how many waves will there be.

Crack a beer, pop in a Star Wars Blu Ray, and relax.

Exactly!

I am an older player, and probably have more patience than some of the folks expressing themselves on this post. Here is what I see...a generation of kids and young adults who have the "I want it now" bug. A generation of kids that think because they paid for something, they are entitled to some sort of perfection that most of us cannot attain on a good day. Ill tell you what I tell my 9 year olds....get over it. Life is not perfect. Things go wrong. Getting your panties all waddled up is hurting no one but yourself. Nothing will change as a result of your whining. Bottom line, they are doing the best they can. Cut them some slack. Go take a shower, cus Lord knows once you go live, it will be a while before you grace the bath with your presence!:D

I agree, I think its corporate America that's done it to them. They have made you think "I NEED THIS NOW". The reality is you don't. With Black Friday and all these other advertisements they have, most everyone is brainwashed. They have them like a savage school of piranha. Once the product is there it's a feeding frenzy. I'm just glad I don't have to stand in line with some in this group by some of the posts I've read. As for me If I get in today great, if I don't Play till December 31st, that's fine too.

Lol Ihave the patience to wait. After all I have been waiting for this for a few years now, what is another day or two correct? lol Keep up the good work Bioware. I trust you and i know this game will be well worth the way ^^

So whether or not i get my email today or tomorrow or sometime during EA, or when i pick up my copy on release I will see all of you fellow TOR fans in game and look forward to meeting you.

Long Live the Sith Empire ;D

Wanted to talk about some things im doing to prep for the moment i get accepted into the game.

1: buy 120 dollars in redbull

2: 50 dollars in assorted lickies and chewies

3: kidnap my parents dog to have something to pet while i obsess over my refresh button

This thread is slowing down, probably because people are actually getting in.. We need more trolls. Send you companions out to find them, Post Haste

Nope .. people are just giving up, tired of reading the same old crap. I never get to see if they say anything about the waves. So i'm out :cool:

Im not atall bothered about not being invited for the 4-5 waves the only thing that's kind of annoying is the lack of communication, people waiting to be granted access are supposed to just hang around like a puppy waiting for its owner to return the lack of information is actually laughable some sort of ETA would be good.

Anyway all is not lost This Is England '88 is on TV tonight wont be a lack of entertainment 'you better send me my invite tomorrow' *shakes fist* lol :D

You are not a puppy. Lolirl.

Why are so many people complaining. The game has not launched, it doesn't for another week. This is early access which you "may" get into. Consider yourself lucky if you do, people need to relax.

I preordered and registered on 11-24, I'm not in yet. After seeing how many people have preordered or not got in or whatever I can wait a week if I have to. I'd like to get in early, but it is only a week. Nothing was guaranteed and there are many of us waiting to play. I'd rather it go right than the game have a bunch of issues and lag right away.

/Sigh.

The game has launched. It's not beta anymore. People are playing. Hence, it has launched. It's a world-wide RELEASE on the 20th.

Edited by UA_Wookie

I wonder how customer service phones are holding up......think about the people who are answering the irate phone calls.

As a person that have worked in customer service - they are probably getting yelled at pretty badly right now. Not much you can do - there'll always be some crazies that call regarding silly questions or problems.

- Elim