Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem here; is communication. EA/ORIGIN/BIO is proving to be quite presumptuous. I think the only real problem here - is that NO ONE had a clue what to expect. If they want folks to stop complaining, they simply need to answer the questions.

"If you didn't get an email today - don't worry - you might tomorrow??" SERIOUSLY? That is a massive slap in the face to a lot of paying customers. Obviously it isn't meant that way - and we'll all get over it once we start enjoying this amazing new creation... but in the mean time:

Wouldn't it be nice if we all got an email saying... "You may begin early access play at ??:00am (or pm) on _____day?

At least then I could get on with my life - and look forward to tomorrow.

This This This This This This

from amazon forums

I have pre-orderd Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition (hereafter, TOR). At the time, we were told by Stephen Reid, Senior Online Community Manager for Bioware, that we would have a Grace Period between the game's official launch and when we would have to input the game key to permit play. This grace period was put into place because, for various reasons, not all players could be assured of obtaining the game on launch day.

On 12/7, Bioware suddenly and without explanation revoked the Grace Period, in contravention of previous statements by Mr. Reid, and other members of Bioware's customer service. I respectfully request an answer to the following four questions:

1. Why was the Grace Period removed, after it had been explicitly promised, and after people relied on the promise to make their decisions as to how to get the game?

2. What do you have to say to the people who relied on your misrepresentations?

3. When did you know about the Grace Period revocation? If it was before 12/7, why did you wait to communicate it?

4. Why does Europe get the game in stores on the 15th, but North American Players must wait until the 20th? Do you realize that allowing NA retailers to sell by the 15th would remove Grace Period concerns?

My preferred resolution is a restoration of the grace period. An alternate resolution would be EA/Bioware allowing North American retailers to sell by the 15th, as they have done for Europe.

Go to your order... Click shipping method.. Then proceed to pay the extra 5 dollars and click the "Launch day shipping" box.

Life can be so easy some days

Too bad Bioware doesn't read this stuff. They post, then close the forums like toddlers. You people are *********** the people that plan to play on PvP servers. Go back to school until you get some common sense. Then when you still have none, go join Riot and LoL.

god I'm loving this thread lol

lol while i was reading this little simple post, the entire page 235 on this threat filled up, man my F5 is working overtime atm, by the time i get my access im gonne have a new problem, and keyboard, which worked itself to death ;P

seriously im as impatience as the next guy, but plz relaxe im sure code will be passed out to all who payed for them, if not before then the 20th...

beside use the time until then wisely instead of spaming this thread complaining, spend some time with your otherhalf, or family, its not like your going to be seing then anyways for a few days after you game activats

Edited by Adnihilo

I would reply on the appropriate Waves Updating page, but it was shut down. And I tried calling the support number, but it's out of service. (It's seeming to be not such a good start, is it, Bioware?)

I would like to know how it can be posted by Bioware/SW:TOR that "Invites are being sent out depending on when the redemption code was recieved - Early Access Waves-Updating Here; Stephen Ried, 10:03 am/13Dec2011", when people that didn't pre-order til november (or even early december!) were sent access and are playing the game right now? And people who ordered the day it was available to pre-order and redeemed their code immediately (within the first 48 hours, like me) can't get anything but "Keep checking your email for the invite"?

According to the statement on TOR's site above, I would like to know how many hundreds of thousands redeemed their codes before I did?

BW,

I'm confused why I'm not in the game LIKE I WAS PROMISED.

I'm not like these other forum-users, I have a contract.

YOU PROMISED!

I was promised by BW to play AS MUCH AS I WANTED WHENEVER I WANTED AT A MOMENTS NOTICE, NO EXCEPTIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TOO 5 DAYS

now I understand most of you guys feel you deserve an hour to play before the game comes out and I hope you get it, but me? I deserve all the time to play BY MYSELF

SO YES I WILL WHINE

/COMPLAAAAAIN

You guys are ***** bioware wow. If I would have known you woulda done this I wouldn't have even pre ordered or bought the game at all.

Me, my little brother, and my dad all took the day off today, excited to play your game. Instead, you tell us all this ******** day one, and now its likely we won't be playing at all for who knows how long.

You guys are *********** lying *****, I feel totally betrayed. Cuz its not like there was ANY information on how this worked until today, you cheated a bunch of people into thinking they would have early access, when alot of us likely wont have it until a day or 2 until launch.

**** you bioware, if I could reverse the preorder I would. Hate lying sack of **** companys.

Simmer down people jeez. You'll get your invite when you get it. No promises were made about when you'd be able to play not to mention the fact that they extended the early accesss by two days. If anything we should be thanking Bioware!

I got burnt many times ordering from a retailer, so this time around ordered a digital copy directly from Bioware on 7/21 and got in to play. I also ordered a second copy in September so will more than likely get in at the weekend.

All I have to say to the people who are moaning for not getting in now, is you had the chance to pre-order the day it came out and had the choice to purchase a digital copy too

I just dont understand why they arent doing waves 24/7. Only scheduling a few the first day is REALLY bad on their part. It should just start and keep going till everyone who pre-ordered is in game.

Why stop? It just makes no logical sense.

As much as I agree with the way they are doing it, i DO agree with this.

There isnt a good reason for stopping doing the waves IMO, they should keep going.

One of the beta evaluations asked me what I believed was an acceptable time to wait in server queue on launch. I said 15-30 minutes or something...

Heh... they really tricked me...

I'll prolly be having 0 minutes in server queue... Though I'll be stuck in the forums for a few days.