Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

Moshpet

In PvP I don't think I see an issue, but in PVE this is going to be a big mistake. Healers need to stay alive and probably use med packs to do that, as they are busy using their profession heals on players.

Also this will affect and kill the biochem business. Although it ain't exactly great anyway.

EDIT- Thinking about it again, yes, this is a MASSIVE mistake as doing HM's will be almost impossible without being able to use more med-packs. You can't break combat in PVE as it resets the AI health.

So this is a poor and badly thought out move.

Edited by joeypesci

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who say medpacks are a crutch and agree with this change, have you actually done all 10 of the hm's-nightmare versions of ops on live ?

Can you fathom only using 1 medpack during them ? HM-nightmare SOA ?

Do those and then tell me u dont need medpacks....

also with this change it will force ops guilds to bring another healer and take away a dps class making the fight longer in the process, so please think before u start clapping ur hands in praise.

WOWwell said man ... thank you ... thank you!!

when ever i used my medpac was to help incoming dmg or to heal dmg I had already taken to prevent healer from having to heal me and heal who ever really needed the heal... the guy that made a mistake or the tank... but now... medpac went from being usefull cd to a usefull 8> min cd

Edited by Opticflare

There's one thing that seems to be escaping the discussion here (at least as far as PvE is concerned).

This change is fine under one premise: that encounters are tuned (and old encounters retuned) properly with this change in mind. As long as that happens, then the change is fine (from a PvE perspective).

You exit combat in PvP 8 seconds after the last hostile action. DOTs do not refresh this status.

You're playing very unusual games of Huttball if you never drop out of combat. Especially given that the ball resets to the center after someone scores, moving the action quickly.

And what about PVE? Doing a HM Flashpoint or Op and only being able to use one heal.

This is a bad change.

To those who say medpacks are a crutch and agree with this change, have you actually done all 10 of the hm's-nightmare versions of ops on live ?

also with this change it will force ops guilds to bring another healer and take away a dps class making the fight longer in the process, so please think before u start clapping ur hands in praise.

My guild runs HM-NMM Soa. The only time I've needed to really use medpacs is when a healer is dead and we're doing the platform jumping. Most of the time our group dies from getting insta-gibbed by lightning balls or some random bug. So yeah, I can fathom only using one medpac in those fights... cuz that's usually how it happens.

And, no, it won't force ops guilds to bring another healer.

And yes, I have thought it, still praising them for this change.

You exit combat in PvP 8 seconds after the last hostile action. DOTs do not refresh this status.

You're playing very unusual games of Huttball if you never drop out of combat. Especially given that the ball resets to the center after someone scores, moving the action quickly.

Not always, it's pretty common to have it bug out and keep you in combat for far longer than 8 seconds. That said, the correct action is to fix the bug, not change the mechanic.

My guild has killed 4/5 NMM EV including NMM SOA. I have also raided in WoW where you can also only use one health/mana "pot".

I can easily see having the use of only one medpac per fight. Like a poster above said medpacs should be used for oh crap moments to cover a mistake. If you have too many of those moments then sad to say but yes you need to play better or get better healers, team mates. Skill and teamwork should always be the determining factor of success not the use of consumables.

Edited by Pangscar

There's one thing that seems to be escaping the discussion here (at least as far as PvE is concerned).

This change is fine under one premise: that encounters are tuned (and old encounters retuned) properly with this change in mind. As long as that happens, then the change is fine (from a PvE perspective).

Georg posted on the first page stating exactly that.

I agree, I've only needed to use them for "oh crap" moments.

For people reliant on medpacs, GZ already said they're working on making the pre-50 medpacs not have this type of limitation, so worst case in Ops you can have your one big "oh crap" moment medpac per boss, and just use the pre-50 grade ones for spot heals if you need it badly.

Disclaimer: I tend to solo primarily. Do not often PvP, or raid. And it is clear this game is not meant for people like me. I am not the demographic for this game.

I admit that the need for medpacs in solo play are few. Problem is, when they are needed, multiples are usually needed.

Multiples are needed so bad, that the 90 second cooldown is frequently the cause of encounter failure. (Again, when medpacs are even needed.)

So... The change we get is that not only is the 90 second cooldown still there, but we are limited to one per fight? (With the possible moment of sanity in discussions to keep pre level 50 medpacs working the way they are now.)

It doesn't help that if you were a big fan of the Knights of the Old Republic series, you were used to being able to chug medpacs the whole combat if you so chose.

I have five characters (I admit, a small amount), all different base classes, and not one of them hasn't had at least one - and usually two or three - class quests that needed to be put off for two or three levels to get past solo. And some of them needed more than one medpac in.

This change just makes parts of the solo gameplay too much of a chore.

When the game becomes a chore, I no longer pay for it.

Edited by Blattan

A positive side effect is that the cost of running endgame content is somewhat reduced by this change.

Again, why is your attempt to "fix" something we asked for the most backwards convoluted way of doing so? We asked for healer balance. Major nerfage to healers instead of small balancing buff/nerf! We ask for reduced repair cost on raiding. Nerf consumables instead of reducing repair costs which makes Biochem worthless with all its other nerfs.

My guild has killed 4/5 NMM EV including NMM SOA. I have also raided in WoW where you can also only use one health/man "pot".

I can easily see having the use of only one medpac per fight. Like a poster above said medpacs should be used for oh crap moments to cover a mistake. If you have too many of those moments then sad to say but yes you need to play better or get better healers, team mates. Skill and teamwork should always be the determining factor of success not the use of consumables.

So then they should just do away with all consumables? How is a medpac any differant than any other cooldown? It gave every class a long cooldown heal, nothing wrong with that. Maybe they should just take away all the 1 or 2 min cooldowns on all the classes. You are generally only using those for the oh crap situations anyway, so they must be a crutch. Does that make your group bad for using them? We probably should remove relics from the game while we are at it, it's such a crutch in those burn moments.

more bad news from 1.2....

as a sorc healer who is bio, when i read my consumption nerf, my first thought was "well at least my medpac will now help"

now only once a fight....

this a a double nerf to sorcs that spec'd bio.....

yet another reason why i have no regret for cancelling my sub....

Shouldn't quote people if you don't understand what was said.

To clarify, The USE of medpacs as they currently are can be seen as a crutch IMO. I'm one of those who thinks ones skill and teamwork should be the determining factor of success, not how a consumable item is used.

Oh I perfectly understand what you're saying per what you said hence I quoted you without snipping or modifying...

Per your logic, medpacs are a crutch because they are no indication of skill or teamwork... I am merely pointing out that the same can be said for gear. Or relics.

Disclaimer: I tend to solo primarily. Do not often PvP, or raid. And it is clear this game is not meant for people like me. I am not the demographic for this game.

I admit that the need for medpacs in solo play are few. Problem is, when they are needed, multiples are usually needed.

Multiples are needed so bad, that the 90 second cooldown is frequently the cause of encounter failure. (Again, when medpacs are even needed.)

So... The change we get is that not only is the 90 second cooldown still there, but we are limited to one per fight? (With the possible moment of sanity in discussions to keep pre level 50 medpacs working the way they are now.)

It doesn't help that if you were a big fan of the Knights of the Old Republic series, you were used to being able to chug medpacs the whole combat if you so chose.

I have five characters (I admit, a small amount), all different base classes, and not one of them hasn't had at least one - and usually two or three - class quests that needed to be put off for two or three levels to get past solo. And some of them needed more than one medpac in.

This change just makes parts of the solo gameplay too much of a chore.

When the game becomes a chore, I no longer pay for it.

^^All of this. My sentiments exactly, and you said it better than I could.

A good example is the stupid bonus quest series on Balmorra. Almost impossible for a solo player. I tried last night, 3 levels above the "recommended" level. And it says nothing about needing a group. It takes you into a heroic area full of Elites and Champions. I managed to whittle down and defeat one of the named Champions for the series (with using medpacks three times), but the final named Champion is impossible for me.

Like you, I'm coming to the conclusion that this game is not meant for people like me. Wrong game. So I've cancelled (not just this, the issue with removing Corso's abilities was the final straw)

So then they should just do away with all consumables? How is a medpac any differant than any other cooldown? It gave every class a long cooldown heal, nothing wrong with that. Maybe they should just take away all the 1 or 2 min cooldowns on all the classes. You are generally only using those for the oh crap situations anyway, so they must be a crutch. Does that make your group bad for using them? We probably should remove relics from the game while we are at it, it's such a crutch in those burn moments.

It's different than any other cooldown in that it costs money and is a time sink to create/maintain. Most player don't like mandatory time/money sinks.

It has been stated many times by many different posters here, but I'll say it again: THE ENCOUNTERS WILL BE TUNED BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOU GET ONE MEDPACK PER ENCOUNTER.

Those that think this will make it harder on them and are ragequiting are not getting all the facts.

So, as a biochem user, i have to run a hard mode FP for EACH rakata medpack i'm going to use?

I dont understand how that's fair. I crafted biochem, but to get THE benefit of my crafted goods i have to spend over and hour to get the material to craft it? And on top of that, make it through the flashpoint without having to use a medpack so that i come out ahead?

If it werent so time consuming to gather and then craft the other lvl 50 pack (the ultimate) maybe this wouldnt be so bad, but to have to spend the time to do the flashpoints and be lucky enough to not use a single pack to come put ahead.

I've crafted and broken down over 70 ultimate medpacks and still not gotten a schematic for the reusable of it. It took all my saved gathering materials, and a TON of credits to gather, not to mention not being able to actualy use the packs i was breaking down.....and now im not going to be able to use a pack more than once in a fight?

Any of you guys play a sniper? I'll tell you how it works: every fight ends with your companion dead, and you almost dead. Theres a reason IA is the least played class, and this isn't going to help that either.

What about your tanks? Out alone and unable to deal dmg (immortal juggs)? Fights last awhile longer than you think.

What about casual players who don't use a Naga Razer and play once or twice a week? The base game is a lot more difficult.....

So, as a biochem user, i have to run a hard mode FP for EACH rakata medpack i'm going to use?

I dont understand how that's fair. I crafted biochem, but to get THE benefit of my crafted goods i have to spend over and hour to get the material to craft it? And on top of that, make it through the flashpoint without having to use a medpack so that i come out ahead?

If it werent so time consuming to gather and then craft the other lvl 50 pack (the ultimate) maybe this wouldnt be so bad, but to have to spend the time to do the flashpoints and be lucky enough to not use a single pack to come put ahead.

I've crafted and broken down over 70 ultimate medpacks and still not gotten a schematic for the reusable of it. It took all my saved gathering materials, and a TON of credits to gather, not to mention not being able to actualy use the packs i was breaking down.....and now im not going to be able to use a pack more than once in a fight?

Any of you guys play a sniper? I'll tell you how it works: every fight ends with your companion dead, and you almost dead. Theres a reason IA is the least played class, and this isn't going to help that either.

What about your tanks? Out alone and unable to deal dmg (immortal juggs)? Fights last awhile longer than you think.

What about casual players who don't use a Naga Razer and play once or twice a week? The base game is a lot more difficult.....

/boggle

It wasn't asked for? Really? People were all over the forums stroking e-peen about how "easy this game is" and "I'm so good I can just faceroll everything in this game" and "you need to make it all so much harder for 'hardcores' like me." Well, that's what BW is doing. Instead of re-tuning dungeons etc., they'er making it all harder by nerfbatting healers and other resources.

I'm pretty sure alot of this nonsense BW is trying to pull in 1.2 is a giant case of "be careful what you wish for."

I'm pretty sure people were calling for harder CONTENT... It probably never occurred to them that Bioware's idea of making content harder would be to nerf player abilities into the ground, and leave the actual content difficulty unchanged.

I

It has been stated many times by many different posters here, but I'll say it again: THE ENCOUNTERS WILL BE TUNED BASED ON THE FACT THAT YOU GET ONE MEDPACK PER ENCOUNTER.

I highly doubt it. Been playing enough mmo's to figure out unless the do both at the same time it ain't going to happen. Did they mention this officially? or is this another fanboi guess?