Why would anyone ever play normal warzones in 1.2?

oldshatterhand

Well, we dont know much about amount of ranked comms from single WZ, but if it is comparable to normal WZ, than BM gear is much cheaper and easier to get than War Hero, being only around 2% worse.

Ranked are going to be cross-server sooner or later, normals supposedly will stay in 1 server only, there are people who prefere that.

And ofc those really bad pvpers with low rating will prefere normal, they may be carried to victory from time to time;)

well my guess would be some people like to PvP without being super competitive.

Ranked warzones will be full of premades doing cheezy tactics probably which might not be fun for the average person who just wants to PvP for fun.

There really is no reason to if you don't care about your rank. You will get comms either way so you can just keep doing ranked wz regardless of if you win or lose until you get fully geared.

There will be those that get all serious about ranked wz to get a different colored set of the same ugly armor, a dumb speeder or another meaningless title so that hopefully people will be interested enough to look at their stat sheet to tickle their e-peen but that'll pretty much be the only reason.

All the "true pvp'ers" who are so skilled and throw around phrases like gear crutch and hiding behind gear will qq as their awsum skillz don't do anything for them when they get stunlold and repeatedly killed unless they are in premades. Then the true true pvp'ers will say it's all about solo Q because real pvp'ers don't need to hide behind premades.

This game (at level 50) is just stupid. Could have been great...but it's just stupid and its rapid descent into epic stupidity is only seen by the player base.

Edited by AncientForce

To answer the question in your title - I intend to keep playing for fun, or to test new specs. For example, if I get frustrated with rateds I can try my luck in normal for a while without pressure to win. Another example, if I'm out of town on my crappy laptop and want to pvp, I will likely do normals since my laptop isn't as good at handling the game as my desktop. Edited by Shlamorel

This.

Even people who generally do want to PvP at a high level of competitiveness, there are times when all one wants to do is take it easy.

It's analogous playing sports. You have your intensely competitive game/match once or twice a week (maybe more, maybe less). If you still want to play at other times then you just go and play casually at the park.

We don't really need this thread, do we? =\

Edited by Dudious

Someone posted that there really isn't much difference. Like 1% in expertise and barely any change in stats. Is it better? Yeah. Will it make a difference? Probably not. The deciding factor could be a lucky fart that kills the guy in WH gear vs BM. It all just seems to be a cosmetic thing. Too bad the "upgrade" is just as ugly.

What they should have done was made it so you can't do rated till you have your BM gear. That way people can not cry over an unfair gear advantage and others can't cry over under geared players.

I know BM gear will easier to get come 1.2 and i do not care that is fine. I have mine. But i feel if they do not make it so you need BM gear for rated the gap between the haves and have nots in rated will be huge.

I can see it now people in hero gear vs people in lvl 50 non pvp gear. If people had to have BM gear least the gear diff is not that much but from new lvl 50 to hero big diff.

Edited by Badlander

Yup. I have a fresh 50 alt I just leveled. I plan to not do any pvp on it until 1.2 comes out. At that point, I will solo q ranked wz and lose my way to top tier gear while pissing everyone else off. I will do this because it took me a long time to get my BM on my main and BW basically said FU. That's fine. I will use their new system and gear up on my alt with no effort. I will not waste credits on blue gear. I will not waste time in regular wz going for BM gear that took my main several months to get. I will go right for the top tier because I can. I will do this for all future characters until my sub runs out. So dumb for paying for 3 months. Edited by AncientForce

Ranked warzones will be full of premades doing cheezy tactics probably which might not be fun for the average person who just wants to PvP for fun.

exactly. i dont mind fun pvp. competitive just down right frustrating. maybe its because i suck at pvp since i only play if for the fun of it. :D however, since hacking is wild right now..i dont see ranked being much fun till the ban saber and fixes roll out.

Yup. I have a fresh 50 alt I just leveled. I plan to not do any pvp on it until 1.2 comes out. At that point, I will solo q ranked wz and lose my way to top tier gear while pissing everyone else off. I will do this because it took me a long time to get my BM on my main and BW basically said FU. That's fine. I will use their new system and gear up on my alt with no effort. I will not waste credits on blue gear. I will not waste time in regular wz going for BM gear that took my main several months to get. I will go right for the top tier because I can. I will do this for all future characters until my sub runs out. So dumb for paying for 3 months.

You do know that you have to trade in BM equipment + rated warzones comms to get warhero right? SO enjoy not only being rolled in RWZ's but also getting rolled in normals as well. You will be spending all your time at the respawn I hope that fun for you. I bet you will quit long before that happens tho.

Edited by bboyramo

There really is no reason to if you don't care about your rank. You will get comms either way so you can just keep doing ranked wz regardless of if you win or lose until you get fully geared.

There will be those that get all serious about ranked wz to get a different colored set of the same ugly armor, a dumb speeder or another meaningless title so that hopefully people will be interested enough to look at their stat sheet to tickle their e-peen but that'll pretty much be the only reason.

All the "true pvp'ers" who are so skilled and throw around phrases like gear crutch and hiding behind gear will qq as their awsum skillz don't do anything for them when they get stunlold and repeatedly killed unless they are in premades. Then the true true pvp'ers will say it's all about solo Q because real pvp'ers don't need to hide behind premades.

This game (at level 50) is just stupid. Could have been great...but it's just stupid and its rapid descent into epic stupidity is only seen by the player base.

wow man you are one sad son of a *****...why are you here?

You dont need BM gear to trade it for War Hero. I dont know who spread that idea on forum, but it is not true.

You buy War Hero gear for ranked comms, and then, when you reach appropriate rank, you trade this War Hero gear and few ranked comms for different looking war hero gear.

And if you plan to just lost all games and piss of everyone - if you loose all your games, your rating will quickly become abbysmal, and only people you will be able to piss off will be scrubs similar to you.

This is a best part of ranked system - you play with people with similar skill level.

You dont need BM gear to trade it for War Hero. I dont know who spread that idea on forum, but it is not true.

You buy War Hero gear for ranked comms, and then, when you reach appropriate rank, you trade this War Hero gear and few ranked comms for different looking war hero gear.

And if you plan to just lost all games and piss of everyone - if you loose all your games, your rating will quickly become abbysmal, and only people you will be able to piss off will be scrubs similar to you.

This is a best part of ranked system - you play with people with similar skill level.

Love it the bads will have a bad ranking and have to play other bads. Bet that will be embarrassing. Even worse that people can see that ranking.

I was under the impression that you could get normal war hero gear by doing any wz's, but ranked got you the better looking set with the same stats.

I don't know if there will be solo and group rated brackets separately, but if not, then some people might not want to do rated so they don't trash their rank.

I was under the impression that you could get normal war hero gear by doing any wz's, but ranked got you the better looking set with the same stats.

I don't know if there will be solo and group rated brackets separately, but if not, then some people might not want to do rated so they don't trash their rank.

From what i read hero gear only from rated wz's. Regular hero gear from solo que and better looking from premade/group que.

Edited by Badlander

For War Hero gear you need ranked warzones, either solo or group. BM gear is the only thing you need normal warzone commendations for, but it is worse then War Hero. So why would anyone ever play a normal warzone?

I assume everyone. Even the hardcore will probably run regular warzones for the cheap/easy medpacs