The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give the REAL pvp players our DeathMatch!

whitescorpion

Is anyone else sick of objective based pvp?

Why cant we just have one warzone where there is actual pvp and pvp actually matters!

If this game is truly considered half pvp, then please Bioware, make some real pvp and STOP just STOP with the objective based pvp game.

You will have no pvp player base left in a few months if this dont get addressed, I am sure not many people that actually play this game just to pvp will be here if 2 things dont happen.

1- Warzone with "king of the hill" status atleast its more about pvp than pvo, or a real deathmatch, more kills = win.

2- Ilum isnt fixed where it is actually about faction vs faction and just pvp... Lots of threads on this issue, so i wont go into it....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there really should be a warzone where if you die you cannot respawn and the last player remaining has bragging rights on the ranks or whatever. then you really see who the real battlemasters are cause the best will obviously win more often

there really should be a warzone where if you die you cannot respawn and the last player remaining has bragging rights on the ranks or whatever. then you really see who the real battlemasters are cause the best will obviously win more often

You guys are hysterical. You might as well have a warzone where it's only for Assasins then.

Last man standing = the last to come out of stealth autowins... not to mention the game would last forever as if there are at least 2 smart stealthers no one is coming out of stealth first.

Large open point control battlefields "like Alderan but larger" would be the best option for a "real" pvp Wz.

Edited by VoidJustice

Nice opinion, heres mine.

Kill count pvp is easy mode, for the simple minded.

Objective based requires coordination and coordination equals skill.

you mean who can ninja sides and then respawn there and aoe turrets after dying 60 times?

Or do you mean, who can pull/leap the most and heal the ballrunner in huttball?

Or do you mean who can come out of the doors fastest and aoe the doors not letting people cap even though ur team has lots more kills?

Trust me ive been on both sides, and i dont like the so called strategy one bit... just give us a wz where we can be "simple minded" and **** face.... i play this game to pvp!

Death match = open world pvp. You die respawn run back and keep fighting until you die again. Over and over.

Boring. If the objective is to be the last man standing, then you'd just sit out and let everyone kill themselves and you come in later to finish off the winner. Big strategy there.

the most popular online games on steam are counter-strike 1.6 (1st place) and counter-strike source (3rd place) wanna guess what is played the most (PUGs and competitive)? the defusal mode. there are mods for the deathmatch and people play it, but noone in their right mind would play that mode for 8 hours straight (while the defusal mode can and is played like that) another popular type of pvp games are moba (lol/hon/dota) and guess what - it's again an objective type of game. --- however what we need is the tatooine's outlaw's den remodelled we are already getting teleports to that location, but we should also get something like 1 warzone commendation per kill or per X damage dealt (or X healing done/shielding done). then you could enjoy some pew pewing for the sake of pew pewing :) Edited by FoxNemhauser

however what we need is the tatooine's outlaw's den remodelled

we are already getting teleports to that location, but we should also get something like 1 warzone commendation per kill or per X damage dealt (or X healing done/shielding done).

then you could enjoy some pew pewing for the pew pewing :)

Kills there will reward merc comms 1.2 iirc

Edited by physiology

Nice opinion, heres mine.

Kill count pvp is easy mode, for the simple minded.

Objective based requires coordination and coordination equals skill.

Yeap i agree to this.

I get my share of kills during the objective matches , why would i want them to make me just fight.

fight + objectives is much better than just pure brawl.

Bad players (= most players) do not like to be punished by playing bad and dying .

Bioware caters to numbers because it likes money more than everything else. I mean look at the stats tracked by rated Warzones, they are all positive things which only require time and not skill so that bad players can not be denied spots in teams, or laughed at when other people look at their stats.

Goes even further when objective WZ favor suicide defense as a reward for dying.

People do not like to lose-> most players are bad-> bioware caters to them because of numbers

/thread

Edited by Dmasterr

Uh a simple deathmatch warzone would get boring within a week or two.

Adding in another WZ can only be a good thing. I for one would like a deathmatch as objective based PVP detracts from actual PVP and makes you focus on other things. While some people may love this, I would like ability to just have a deathmatch from time to time.

If you get bored with it, queue up to another WZ, but I think the more WZs the better. Some with objectives, some without would make sense.

Is anyone else sick of objective based pvp?

Why cant we just have one warzone where there is actual pvp and pvp actually matters!

If this game is truly considered half pvp, then please Bioware, make some real pvp and STOP just STOP with the objective based pvp game.

You will have no pvp player base left in a few months if this dont get addressed, I am sure not many people that actually play this game just to pvp will be here if 2 things dont happen.

1- Warzone with "king of the hill" status atleast its more about pvp than pvo, or a real deathmatch, more kills = win.

2- Ilum isnt fixed where it is actually about faction vs faction and just pvp... Lots of threads on this issue, so i wont go into it....

I want this. Great idea, 5 stars!

Part of being skilled is knowing how to play the map. If actually playing strategic is too much of a mental strain for you to manage then I wouldn't want you on my team even for TDM because you're obviously unintelligent.

I wouldn't mind there being some sort of deathmatch, but to say that's "real" PVP is dumb. It's just easy mode PVP for people who want to turn their brains off and relax for a while.

You guys are hysterical. You might as well have a warzone where it's only for Assasins then.

Last man standing = the last to come out of stealth autowins... not to mention the game would last forever as if there are at least 2 smart stealthers no one is coming out of stealth first.

Large open point control battlefields "like Alderan but larger" would be the best option for a "real" pvp Wz.

You guys kill me. No one can play the game except how you guys want it played. You're actually against more options for Warzones.

Let me explain something PVP is player vs player. This objective based PVP is a watered down PVP, you can act like you're real pvpers, but you're not, you're PVE'ers who want to make OTHER players play their version of pvp.

"Real" pvpers want pvp in a variety of situations. Objectives are sometimes nice, but sometimes recreating the scene from the SW:Tor Trailer (Deceived) is pretty awesome too.

The objectives allow you to think you're an awesome pvper cuz you can heal the ball carrier, or you managed to zerg the turret eleven times, where as if you were in a 1v1 or a 4v4 or an 8v8 death match, you'd probably be the first one to die.

Solution? Never accept a new WZ that exposes you.

As far as stealthing, a deathmatch WZ could break stealth after 4 - 6 second as it would fit for this type of WZ. But why would you want to try anything new?

you mean who can ninja sides and then respawn there and aoe turrets after dying 60 times?

Or do you mean, who can pull/leap the most and heal the ballrunner in huttball?

Or do you mean who can come out of the doors fastest and aoe the doors not letting people cap even though ur team has lots more kills?

Trust me ive been on both sides, and i dont like the so called strategy one bit... just give us a wz where we can be "simple minded" and **** face.... i play this game to run about like a moron and kill stuff...!

editted for truth. :cool:

I agree they should add a deathmatch style warzone; I personally am not fond of that style as much as others but giving players more choices and more importantly allowing players the choice of what warzones they can queue for will only do good things for the game. If you have no interest in objective based pvp, go deathmatch; likewise, if you have no interest in deathmatch warzones, go for objective.