Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BW, you absolutely must roll back the zero credits for WZs nerf

yukirshiro

I am sorry guys, but did someone deceive you and tell you to come play this game on the premise that it is geared towards pvp or even mostly pvp?? Dont get me wrong, I love PvP, valor62. I play at least 4-5 games every night. But to expect to have a stream of income for doing absolutely nothing except PvPing is a little rediculous, especially when you dont even have repair bills.

At least with the 1.2 crafting there is hope of some concept of economy. You're upset that once 1.2 rolls you wont have credits to do missions?? you serious? Are you all from the same sheltered homeless server or something? Hec doing dailies nets you a ton of credits. I am not saying spend all your time doing them, but once or twice a week is plenty enough to have a decent stream.

Of all the class nerfs and other crazy things coming in 1.2 and you are complaining about not getting paid doing the only thing you want to do in the game? I am sorry to point this out, but maybe you arent playing your kind of game.

They presented PvP as a way to avoid doing any PvE. People like it, no one complained about it. It's ALREADY IN THE GAME. Saying "PvP is an afterthought" is a stupid thing to say about a mechanic that ALREADY EXISTS. Why change it? Also, doing dailies is PvE, something we want to AVOID and something they presented as 100% avoidable. Why should killing 10 womprats give money but killing nonscripted enemies in a WZ not? The second one takes much more skill.

Edited by dschlan

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because PvP in this game is an afterthought. The game is not based or revolve around PvP. .

That doesn't matter. The game ALREADY gives you credits. Why are they changing it? And since when does a game have to revolve around PvP in order for you to get money from it?

Because PvP in this game is an afterthought. The game is not based or revolve around PvP. In fact I am willing to bet that, at best, maybe only 10% of the playerbase exclusively pvp. If it was up to me, I would like to see alot more PvP going on, but it's just not going to happen with what's already been implemented.

What? This has nothing to do with what I said, lol.

awwww, you mean you gotta go out and play the main game that they worked so hard on, thats a shame.

This...

F****** PVPers want all the Good stuff with none of the sacrifice, You get all your Gear, Relics, Stims, Weapons, Buffs and Items from Comm's and PVP vendors......And have ZERO ARMOUR DEGENERATION....!!!

Ow let me guess you want to Craft........You don't need to craft for anything else. YOU GET IT ALL ON THE VENDORS YOU WANTED WITH EXCLUSIVE PVP GEAR...!!!

Ow you want to pay for your skills...???

Well do Slicing then, its the PVP Craft, you click NODES for FREE...???

Edited by Nippon

This...

F****** PVPers want all the Good stuff with none of the sacrifice, You get all your Gear, Relics, Stims, Weapons, Buffs and Items from Comm's and PVP vendors......And have ZERO ARMOUR DEGENERATION....!!!

Ow let me guess you want to Craft........You don't need to craft for anything else. YOU GET IT ALL ON THE VENDORS YOU WANTED WITH EXCLUSIVE PVP GEAR...!!!

Well do Slicing then, its the PVP Craft, you get money for free...???

<---------------------------- PvE/Carebear forum is that way

English class is that way --------------------------------------------------------->

Your choice.

Edited by dschlan

This...

Well do Slicing then, its the PVP Craft, you click NODES for FREE...???

Nobody is forced to PvP, so why should PvPers be forced to PvE?

<---------------------------- PvE/Carebear forum is that way

ROFL

SAYS THE PVPer that Gets rewarded on a 15 min cycle even for losing, and has no Death fees or Armour Degeneration....

Sorry my friend, but if you think the PVErs in this game are the carebears you are very much mistaken....LOL

ROFL

SAYS THE PVPer that Gets rewarded on a 15 min cycle even for losing, and has no Death fees or Armour Degeneration....

Sorry my friend, but if you think the PVErs in this game are the carebears you are very much mistaken....LOL

On the contrary, I have downed all Raid content. I was part of the group that got server 1st. It's carebear mode. If you're getting repair bills from raids in this game, especially NOW, you're just bad.

Besides, PvEers get rewarded for killing 10 womprats. How does THAT take skill or run up a repair bill?

And like vimm said, you don't have to PvP, why should we have to PvE?

Edited by dschlan

I think they expect people to craft for money instead, actually.

Except that it costs credits to craft...you can literally spend 100-500k on RE blues to get a purple, then 50K more to get an Aug slot on one. It is not cheap.

Edited by Garroda

On the contrary, I have downed all Raid content. I was part of the group that got server 1st. It's carebear mode. If you're getting repair bills from raids in this game, especially NOW, you're just bad.

Besides, PvEers get rewarded for killing 10 womprats. How does THAT take skill or run up a repair bill?

And like vimm said, you don't have to PvP, why should we have to PvE?

Sorry is this thread not about Credit removal from Warzones....

Seems to me that if you have done that on a consistent basis, you have No need for them what so ever...

Point

/Thread.

P.S

At this point in Time PVPers get 10k credits for just standing in a Warzone, and don't actually have to do anything...!!

Think that validates my point.

Edited by Nippon

Sorry is this thread not about Credit removal from Warzones....

Seems to me that if you have done that on a consistent basis, you have No need for them what so ever...

Point

/Thread.

Actually we do need them. Crew skills, buying mods, money for alts etc. It was a good system that benefits EVERYONE so why change it? By the way, thank you for ignoring my post, just shows that you at least can recognize when someone's logic destroys your own.

Again, killing 10 womprats = credits from spamming your auto attack. Or, doing NOTHING as your companion kills them. At least PvP requires skill.

Edited by dschlan

This is literally gamebreaking. It cannot go live. It is just an awful, awful change no matter how you look at it.

For 1-49 PVP:

This change literally means that any time you spend in PVP from 1-49 gimps your character if you don't have a level 50 alt to funnel you credits. With all the changes you will get 10 levels in the time it takes to get a single piece of PVP gear, and you will get zero credits. You wll not be able to pay for skill training and you will be constantly using gear that is 10+ levels out of date. Every time you level you will get worse because of the way bolster works.

For level 50 PVP:

You are forcing anyone who wants to craft into PVE. You cannot afford to send your characters out on crafting missions while you PVP if you get no credits from PVP.

It is just a mind bogglingly stupid change. If you want to LOWER credit gain - particularly at level 50 - that's ok (within reason). But you can't ELIMINATE it.

Nobody is asking to get rich from PVPing. The current rate at 50 may be higher than it needs to be.

But we need enough credit gain from PVP to pay for skill training leveling up, and we need enough credit gain at 50 to pay for sending out companions.

qfmft

Actually we do need them. Crew skills, buying mods, money for alts etc. It was a good system that benefits EVERYONE so why change it? By the way, thank you for ignoring my post, just shows that you at least can recognize when someone's logic destroys your own.

Again, killing 10 womprats = credits from spamming your auto attack. Or, doing NOTHING as your companion kills them. At least PvP requires skill.

Ow dear, you didnt just add the word skill to your post there did you with regard to PVP in this game...!!!

I have nothing else to say..?? aside from

LOL

For your information, I have 4 PVE characters and 1 Dedicated PVPer on a PVP server.....I do slicing. I don't need to craft because all my gear and items to PVP come from PVPING...!!!

Edited by Nippon

Ow dear, you didnt just add the word skill to your post there did you with regard to PVP in this game...!!!

I have nothing else to say..?? aside from

LOL

So fighting scripted bosses takes more skill than fighting other people who aren't scripted?

Please just go away. You're making a fool out of yourself.

wz cash was too much. Run your class quests like everyone else and some of the side quests in that area and you will be fine.

Come back and tell us this after you have taken several characters to level 50. When I game I want to have fun, doing the same exact quest over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to the point that I can do it blind folded...no thanks.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

My entire guild is already talking about Secret World and Guild Wars 2. We even have several members that are going to leave to play Diablo III. I mean really, Diablo III? Come on, it's not even an MMO and yet they find this game lacking so badly that they will bail for that....

As for me, they are making it less fun to play. I was going to play this and GW2. However, the less fun this is the more likely I'll just bail and go where I have the most fun. This is entertainment for me, not another Job. Once it becomes that I'll be gone.

So fighting scripted bosses takes more skill than fighting other people who aren't scripted?

Please just go away. You're making a fool out of yourself.

Im making a fool out of myself....Let me get your argument straight first !!!

Your either a Hardcore dedicated PVPer that has all the TOP PVP gear that is Earned by grinding PVP warzones, and ILUM...For which you need ZERO credits, as all your Gear , Relics, Stims, Weapons, Rewards come from comms and PVP...!!!

Or you are a half baked PVPer that really likes to do a bit of PVE now and again that you get Credits for, to buy your gear, Or you craft in a PVE environment that earns and requires you to PVE to obtain your Materials....

Which one are you, because your argument to me is a bit twisted...

If you are a dedicated PVPer and that is all you do, YOU NEED NO CREDITS..!!!

If you like to PVE and have involvement in PVE which includes crafting, You need credits, which you get from PVE.!!!

Its not rocket science.

Name me ONE PVP item you need credits for, and I will go away...!!!

Im making a fool out of myself....Let me get your argument straight first !!!

Your either a Hardcore dedicated PVPer that has all the TOP PVP gear that is Earned by grinding PVP warzones, and ILUM...For which you need ZERO credits, as all your Gear , Relics, Stims, Weapons, Rewards come from comms and PVP...!!!

Or you are a half baked PVPer that really likes to do a bit of PVE now and again that you get Credits for, to buy your gear, Or you craft in a PVE environment that earns and requires you to PVE to obtain your Materials....

Which one are you, because your argument to me is a bit twisted...

If you are a dedicated PVPer and that is all you do, YOU NEED NO CREDITS..!!!

If you like to PVE and have involvement in PVE which includes crafting, You need credits, which you get from PVE.!!!

Its not rocket science.

Name me ONE PVP item you need credits for, and I will go away...!!!

I need credits to level Biochem as there are no PvP STIMS. Adrenals, yes. Medpacs, yes. Stims, no. As I've said 3 times now, I also need it for mods and alts.

Go away.

Edited by dschlan

I used to like BW, and then I played Tor.

BW have proven themselves to be immensly incompetent, they are not only making bad decisions, they are continually doing the OPPOSITE of what they should be doing.

forcing pvp'ers to pve......that's one for the record books

if this change goes live consider me /unsubbed, actually i just /unsubbed until i hear that this change has been reversed.

i've seen this said on the pts forum as well, and quite honestly i don't know what you people are talking about. i'm playing on the pts right now and i recieve credits for matches. a horribly small amount, but i get them all the same.

i am upset that i've been getting so little. i've literally been getting around 20k or more in xp but anywhere from 200 to 1200 credits. i'm still only level 15 though so i guess i'll have to see if it increases as you level to match the increase in cost for skills. if it doesn't it will really suck.

They presented PvP as a way to avoid doing any PvE. People like it, no one complained about it. It's ALREADY IN THE GAME. Saying "PvP is an afterthought" is a stupid thing to say about a mechanic that ALREADY EXISTS. Why change it? Also, doing dailies is PvE, something we want to AVOID and something they presented as 100% avoidable. Why should killing 10 womprats give money but killing nonscripted enemies in a WZ not? The second one takes much more skill.

Show me one post/statement/anything for the devs of the game confirming that they implemented pvp in the game as a way to avoid doing any PvE.

Did I say people are complaining about the pvp element of the game? Regardless it is definitely an afterthought.

If they dont make any more changes to PvP in the future, maybe like 10-20% of the playerbase will drop out.

If they dont make any more PvE content every x number of months, you can say goodbye to the entire playerbase of swtor.

That's why I said pvp is merely an afterthought, while necessary, it still is a very small part of the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.