WoW admits Defeat!!!! (not really...)

Malfucius

I found it interesting in case anybody cares (you dont).

In Article on yahoo.com by Blizzard, has blizzard admitting that even though they been steadily losing customers over the years they credit SWTOR with taking away a large chunk of there player base faster than expected. They also admit to playing SWTOR themselves, though mainly there playing of SWTOR they said, is for them to do research on how to better improve WoW.

True story....

I found it interesting in case anybody cares (you dont).

In Article on yahoo.com by Blizzard, has blizzard admitting that even though they been steadily losing customers over the years they credit SWTOR with taking away a large chunk of there player base faster than expected. They also admit to playing SWTOR themselves, though mainly there playing of SWTOR they said, is for them to do research on how to better improve WoW.

True story....

Happens with every new mmo that comes out

They will all return when pandas come out

Couldn't care less myself as I only play a game if it's fun... WoW isn't fun anymore and this game definitely is. No amount of Pandas is going to change that, in fact it actually sealed it for me. :)

WoW is a great game. Played for years and loved it.

The problem is that I played for years and loved it.

WoW was then and SWTOR is now. Its not rocket science its just time to move on.

Oh .... Sith > Pandas. Just saying .....

Shopping the competition is a must for any successful business. BW certainly shopped WoW, at least I hope they did. On second thought, maybe they didn't, cause they left out a whole bunch of things that are pretty standard there...

Actually the panda wasn't awesome. Jack Black's dialogue was.

OMG, VOICEOVERS WIN!!!!

Without the illustrations, you only have half of what makes the Panda so good. Facial expressions and body language made the character great, some of which had no VO at all.

Creating an expansion based on an april fool's joke.. Doubt wow will get that many new players to come back or new players at all. Maybe for just the first month or two but not more than that. And the majority of the hardcore players in wow weren't exactly super happy about it either ;)

This is the fourth thread about this, but better these than the "sky is falling, server mergers now and by the way, I'm so leaving SWTOR for GW2 when it comes out" -threads that populate these forums.

There's lot of articles about this around, like:

Blizzard Admits The Old Republic Stung World of Warcraft

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116425-Blizzard-Admits-The-Old-Republic-Stung-World-of-Warcraft

Blizzard producer attributes drop in WoW subscriptions to Star Wars: The Old Republic

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2012/03/blizzard-producer-attributes-drop-in-wow-subscriptions-to-star-wars-the-old-republic.ars?clicked=related_right

Actually about 5 of my friends already renewed their wow subscriptions! Swtor is too dang linear. This game puts you on a railroad track. So it will fade when people do all the quests :(

Feb2012, check. Hutt avatar, check. From under which water spanning construction did you come among us? :p

All MMOs, except the most sandbox-type ones, are linear. WoW included.

Feb2012, check. Hutt avatar, check. From under which water spanning construction did you come among us? :p

All MMOs, except the most sandbox-type ones, are linear. WoW included.

How many billions did WoW make? Such a failure!!!!