Ripped out enhancements in BM gear, am i screwed?

dardack

So I've ripped out all the accuracy enhancements in my BM gear and replaced with the enhancements from champ/columni smugg/agent gloves.

I see from the new BM gear there is 25 expertise on these enhancements. I've saved all of them in my bank, will these get upgraded or is my BM gear screwed out of 25 expertise per piece?

I see from the new BM gear there is 25 expertise on these enhancements. I've saved all of them in my bank, will these get upgraded or is my BM gear screwed out of 25 expertise per piece?

You're likely screwed, you have an Enhancement named "whatever" with X stats, that still exists after the patch. Instead new items bought will have "newname" with Y stats. It's the same with a few of the mods in Columi JK Weaponmaster sets, originally they had higher str, lower power and were switched at some point (Found this out when my GM wanted to know where I got the mod in my chest).

Even if you are, BM Gear is so cheap in 1.2 it would only be a very minor setback replacing the items who have mods you changed/removed.

I did what you did actually. I spent the extra money removing the BM enhancements rather than just overwriting them with champ enhancements. They're in my bank too.

No idea whether I'll use them again, minor convenience if I do. Doesn't matter much if I don't though.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Hold up... I thought the expertise was carried on the armour, not the enh?

Its going to be a serious nerf if all of us who took time to collect mods from various places suddenly find our gear sub-par the day the patch hits and cant use it to begin rated right away (which is the only advantage current BMs will have).

Hold up... I thought the expertise was carried on the armour, not the enh?

Its going to be a serious nerf if all of us who took time to collect mods from various places suddenly find our gear sub-par the day the patch hits and cant use it to begin rated right away (which is the only advantage current BMs will have).

Nah, its on the enhancement.

In my book, we'd all be better off to do little or nothing until 1.2 comes out.

I'm not even buying my tier 2 scooter license for my chars.

Sad thing is, less play ... and I don't even miss it.

:(

Edited by Zepath

Nah, its on the enhancement.

In my book, we'd all be better off to do little or nothing until 1.2 comes out.

I'm not even buying my tier 2 scooter license for my chars.

Sad thing is, less play ... and I don't even miss it.

:(

Wow...

Who's bright idea was it to stick the expertise on something that was itemised so badly you have to wonder if they actually played their own game.

*sigh*

Expertise is not on the enhancement mod in current BM gear. If it was, there would be no reason to replace them with power/surge enhancements.

Based off of what people have posted here, if old BM gear will be unchanged and expertise will be on enhancements it sounds like it might be a good idea to pull them from the new BM gear a place them in the old BM gear. This would net 50% more expertise on old BM gear. Unfortunately I think the old stuff will be converted so all mods from old BM gear, whether currently in it or not, will be updated.

Edited by gravioli

It's on all 3. Armoring has 50, mod has 25, enhancement has 25 for total of 100 per piece.

So should I put back in the lvl 25 accuracy mods in and hope it switches auto for me? What are other people doing that ripped out the mods from other pieces to get rid of worthless accuracy.

It's on all 3. Armoring has 50, mod has 25, enhancement has 25 for total of 100 per piece.

So should I put back in the lvl 25 accuracy mods in and hope it switches auto for me? What are other people doing that ripped out the mods from other pieces to get rid of worthless accuracy.

Most will wait until 1.2 since things can still change.

Most will wait until 1.2 since things can still change.

Yea someone actually told me they thought they read that old Bm gear will not be upgraded to the new BM gear. Old bm gear will be worse then the new champ gear (50 ex on old bm, 69 ex on new champ).

Also, will BM tokens be pretty much useless in 1.2? Can't like save up and buy day 1?

Systems Designer David Hunt let players know that many new Crafting schematics in 1.2 (on PTS) are available only via reverse engineering. He also reassured us that customizations to gear made pre-1.2 will be retained, and let everyone know that in 1.2 and beyond, you’ll be able to move new endgame gear set bonuses by removing the armoring mod. However, this change won’t be applied to older endgame items, just to those new in 1.2 and beyond.

Well that's me screwed then, so let me get this straight. I spent a lot of time in warzones / ilum grinding out my BM gear so I can mix and match mods and give myself the best gear for my level. When 1.2 hits I am going to be at a disadvantage with my gear, than people in the *new* champion gear??

Is this some kind of joke?

Well that's me screwed then, so let me get this straight. I spent a lot of time in warzones / ilum grinding out my BM gear so I can mix and match mods and give myself the best gear for my level. When 1.2 hits I am going to be at a disadvantage with my gear, than people in the *new* champion gear??

Is this some kind of joke?

Don't know, we won't know for 100% till 1.2 hits. Just little things point to it being a possibility of being screwed.

You do realize that this does not screw anyone over... Expertise has a soft cap and pretty much it is useless to stack it past like 10% compared to using high end PVE gear.

Putting expertise on the mods and enhancements of new BM gear and new champion gear will just mean people will be hitting that soft cap a little sooner, but will still be switching it out for better enhancements and mods. Just save champion commendations until 1.2 and Pull out the crit/suge/power stuff from champion gear which u did normally already and put it in so u get that tad of extra expertise.

If you think of how easily the soft cap is hit, even in a new full set of BM gear in 1.2 compared to someone in full old set, you are probably only looking at a 1-2% diff to the actual buff an its not like anyones gonna just get the new pieces of BM gear just so they can wear less and hit the same expertise, because you still have the set bonuses which are tied to how many you wear

Edited by NistoCabuki

You do realize that this does not screw anyone over... Expertise has a soft cap and pretty much it is useless to stack it past like 10% compared to using high end PVE gear.

Putting expertise on the mods and enhancements of new BM gear and new champion gear will just mean people will be hitting that soft cap a little sooner, but will still be switching it out for better enhancements and mods. Just save champion commendations until 1.2 and Pull out the crit/suge/power stuff from champion gear which u did normally already and put it in so u get that tad of extra expertise.

If you think of how easily the soft cap is hit, even in a new full set of BM gear in 1.2 compared to someone in full old set, you are probably only looking at a 1-2% diff to the actual buff an its not like anyones gonna just get the new pieces of BM gear just so they can wear less and hit the same expertise, because you still have the set bonuses which are tied to how many you wear

I think the cap is going to be raised much higher for 1.2, i don't remember where i saw it, but i'm pretty sure that it is the case. It would make sense if they are adding mods and enhancements with expertise over the armorings

Saving champ comms for 1.2 looks pretty worthless. see the exchange:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/20/your-old-pvp-commendations-and-1-2/

Mercs = useless save 1000 wz and the other comms will be pretty useless as well unless exchanges = good credits but as of now I am planning to burn mine up except 1000wz.

Edited by LordbishopX

You realize they're changing expertise entirely, right? None of this will apply in 1.2.

Actually they have redone the diminishing returns on nearly all the stats. Currently on the PTR, Expertise is much more linear.

A graph can be found here.

Holy %#$% thats a big change to DR. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

So really then sacfricing by keeping the accuracy and lose the crit/surge we normally have in our enhancements will be better or no? Will the % gain from all that expertise still outweigh the power/crit/surge u get from swapping to PVE enhancements?

its looking like You may just have to make expertise your primary stat, may even have to go for using these "expertise" color crystals I see listed too.....

Edited by NistoCabuki

Biggest thing I'm appalled over still is the fact they haven't done server transfers yet.... lol

I dont see any mention of them for 1.2 either...

So they are making pre 1.2 pvp gear obsolete, so the people stuck on any server except the top 5 populated will be screwed. They will have no sense of progression since it already took them 100x longer to get the PVP gear they already have, the pop gap between empire and repub just means empire will get geared out 100x faster even on the low pop servers, making more people quit.

We should make a poll to bet on how long before this game gos free to play and servers are merged.

Hell , take a look at STO and DCUO, which actually look like they could have easily had 2x the amount of budget SWTOR had, in reality more like 1/2, and they went F2P

Biggest thing I'm appalled over still is the fact they haven't done server transfers yet.... lol

I dont see any mention of them for 1.2 either...

So they are making pre 1.2 pvp gear obsolete, so the people stuck on any server except the top 5 populated will be screwed. They will have no sense of progression since it already took them 100x longer to get the PVP gear they already have, the pop gap between empire and repub just means empire will get geared out 100x faster even on the low pop servers, making more people quit.

We should make a poll to bet on how long before this game gos free to play and servers are merged.

Hell , take a look at STO and DCUO, which actually look like they could have easily had 2x the amount of budget SWTOR had, in reality more like 1/2, and they went F2P

STO was bad and DCUO had game breaking exploits that continued for nearly 3 months.

STO was bad and DCUO had game breaking exploits that continued for nearly 3 months.

SWTOR has had game breaking bugs for 3 months, worse engine, doesn't "feel" like the label (where sto actually felt trekky, and DCUO actually felt like a comic/ the cartoons)

shall I go on?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.