Armory?

TheCrozz

I want to let you know i love the game. but i do wish there was an Armory site like world of warcraft has. enless one already exists and i just cant find it........... is there any chance of getting something like that?;)

Sort of, but not really. Torhead has a database of SWTOR gear, but it's not complete.

I'd like an armory also, so I can link the crafted items my guild has discovered on our guild website for people to order.

I'd also like to be able to easily link raid drops (or even have them auto-update!). At the moment this game involves way too much secretarial work.

I want to let you know i love the game. but i do wish there was an Armory site like world of warcraft has. enless one already exists and i just cant find it........... is there any chance of getting something like that?;)

I for one hope it never comes.

My reson is because people look at your toon and then decide if what you said has any merit rather then deciding if what they said had any.

As far as one place when we could look up any item in the game, boss drops etc.... I'm all for it.

Edited by Halacs

My reson is because people look at your toon and then decide if what you said has any merit rather then deciding if what they said had any.

I believe armory is a great tool for recruitment, checking how most progressed players are geared and specced for development of your gameplay etc. Any tool in hands of an idiot can be misused and armory is no exception.

I agree. An "Armory" would be nice. I used to do a lot of research through it in another MMO. Not to see if group members are "good enough" but to see how experienced players are gearing and enhancing. Especially those players that managed to destroy me in PvP :p.

You could call it the "Galactic Intelligence Database" or something. Just for story's sake, theme it like it's the file that the opposing faction keeps on you.

P.S. I know..., all things being equal, If you loose at PvP it's because your opponent was better at pushing the right buttons than you.

I has looking for some Armory feedback, instead of creating a new topic I google it for SWTOR armory and found this! and other threads!

Very few ppl asking for the armory, probably that's why it not gonna happen to soon!

Al-true, this is a MMO, when we start to get bored of what we are doing, we kind of "feed" on the other players reputation/skill/gear to try to overcome them... and all the other brag issues on it too.

Would like to see what the rest of my guild is doing about their gear! can't! guess will be a bored day untill I get home and play! :D

SWTOR not so communtie engaging when you actually are not playing the game!

Give us the armory! :mad:

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Sarcasm aside, I'm really tired of being punished for mistakes others have made in completely different games.

Did any of you guys do Belsavis? Its like the same exact thing.

P.S. I know..., all things being equal, If you loose at PvP it's because your opponent was better at pushing the right buttons than you.

Yeah can I sell you this nice land in Florida?

Complete BS. THe only time PVP battles come down to better clicking is if the gear is close. Even then, the fight is probably some what influenced by who got in the first shot. Especially if it's a toon with cloak and a backstab.

BM geared toons eat fresh level 50s for lunch. Even the Clickers

Edited by JerokTalram

Complete BS. THe only time PVP battles come down to better clicking is if the gear is close. Even then, the fight is probably some what influenced by who got in the first shot. Especially if it's a toon with cloak and a backstab.

BM geared toons eat fresh level 50s for lunch. Even the Clickers

This is why I don't PvP in RPGs. I enjoy PvP online, but only in MMOs like WWII Online where skill is 80% of the win.

As far as one place when we could look up any item in the game, boss drops etc.... I'm all for it.

It's a social structure... you have to deal with social pressures and judgements just as in any other.

That's the beauty of social games...

This is why I don't PvP in RPGs. I enjoy PvP online, but only in MMOs like WWII Online where skill is 80% of the win.

But you're comparing different styles of gameplay entirely.

Some people prefer the calculated, strategic approach to building their character and maximizing their output to give them the best chance. Twitch gamers usually can't hack it.

And vice versa... I suck at FPS PvP.

Players can already do this in-game via /inspect.

An armory really wouldn't change that.

I support some form of character search on this website.

But you're comparing different styles of gameplay entirely.

Some people prefer the calculated, strategic approach to building their character and maximizing their output to give them the best chance. Twitch gamers usually can't hack it.

And vice versa... I suck at FPS PvP.

Of course I'm comparing two different styles. That was the point.

To me, there's nothing challenging, nor strategic, about grinding out gear, to then finally get to PvP on a level field. Also, once you reach that pinnacle, the gameplay itself is full of gimmicky mechanics like stun-locks, players who stealth vs those who can't, etc. And then there's the constant nerf/balance/cry that infects this playstyle.

I understand there are those who like it. It's just not my idea of fun.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

Sarcasm aside, I'm really tired of being punished for mistakes others have made in completely different games.

Did any of you guys do Belsavis? Its like the same exact thing.

I hate to tell ya but it only takes a handful of bad people to ruin it for everyone. I agree that no "armory" like wow should exist. If it was for my eyes only it would be nice to see possible upgrades etc.

Anywho, baddies and wow left a bad taste for many features in many many players mouths. Its like why everything has security tabs, annoying wrapper, and special cases that have to be removed at stores because a few idiots wouldnt quit stealing it. While many of us dont do this, the few that did prompted a widely accepted response to prevent their behavior. Don't blame the people responding to it, blame those that caused the response.

• 3 weeks later...
So the gist of why people do not want an armory is because a few morons will abuse it? With that philosophy, you should also advocate shutting down every pharmacy, scrapping every vehicle, shutting down all power plants and returning to the stone ages. After all, no one ever abuses say ..... computers. And of course because they are abused you never use them. How did you get the post on this forum anyway?

I vote for the armory because I like looking up people's characters for fun... and my own too! And I know this is a bit of a silly reason but I love making my own avatars and sigs, and it's way easier to do that through an armory than it is to try to get the perfect screenshot off the game... especially if the armory provides a 3D rendering of your toon (which is what the wow armory USED to do).

• 3 weeks later...
I myself would love to see an armory implemented, for the simple fact of being able to see what spec people are playing and possibly what mods, enhancements, etc. Speaking of which I would love to see the breakdown of mods in gear you are looking to purchase, not just the overall stat comparison. Another thing I would like to look at in the armory is being able to see their legacy, lore objects, etc. The legacy part and characters within their legacy would definitely be nice to make sure people are not trolling under a different name and just hiding their legacy, along with other more positive reasons. Just like anything it has it good and bad, but overall I really think it is something that should be implemented imo.

• 2 years later...