BW just can not win.

Badlander

People screamed nerf this and nerf that.

BW listened and nerfed this and nerfed that. 1.2

Now other people are screaming over the nerfs. 1.2

People screamed about pvp armor being to hard to get.

BW listened and changed the way armor will be bought. 1.2

Now other people are screaming about the new way armor will be bought. 1.2

I could go on about other changes but i think you get my point.

BW is having the same problem every other mmo company has had.

You can not make anyone happy without making others mad.

Edited by Badlander

For every 100 people they make happy another 100 will be upset about it. Only problem is the 100 happy people don't come onto the forums anymore while the other 100 make repeating crybaby posts for months, say they're going to quit, yet still remain and make due. Happens in every game with every change.

Such is life man. Everyone that screamed nerf got their wish, but to the other extent the people that didn't want to be touched were screaming "I'm fine bro, L2P" prior to. It's the MMO fact of life. Nerf=end of world, Buff=auto OP.

I agree you can't please everyone, that's why it would give BW much respect if they just talked to us on what their intentions were..

Do they want a very casual game where everyone is on equal ground and is able to progress?

Or do they want a game with linear progression that requires thought and time invested?

It's their game, they can do what they want, but I feel all the hush hush is to keep people around until they figure out they don't like it

not all of us wanted nerfs, especially when we were advocating for buffs for our class instead. what did we get? nerfs for everyone! yes i am mad

Though in regards to BW's defense they did find bugs or exploits within Sorcs/Sages that needed fixed that Sorc's/Sages are screaming about now. Personally, I would want my class functioning the way it is meant to before I commented on what needed buffed or nerfed.

Just commenting on what I am seeing.

Yeah, BW listened to the moronic nerf callers and nerfed things that didn't need to be nerfed.

They refused in the meantime to buff places that needed buffs to bring them in line with available specs.

Nerfing something due to whining while ignoring what all the competitive and good players are saying needs to be changed and tweaked is always a bad decision.

Irony is, most of the whiners calling for nerfs were bads who already quit the game- now, those bads are getting their wish but won't come back, however, many people who got nerfed will now leave the game.

Great thinking.

Though in regards to BW's defense they did find bugs or exploits within Sorcs/Sages that needed fixed that Sorc's/Sages are screaming about now. Personally, I would want my class functioning the way it is meant to before I commented on what needed buffed or nerfed.

no sorc worth anything is moaning about bug fixes. only baddies are shaking in their boots over that. the sorcs who are pissed have genuine reasons for it. and bug fixes are not it

Anyone els feel like everything was better prior to the first buff/nerf/change of bag system?

As for the sorc changes, I don't really get it because in 95 % of the cases in the games I'm in it's some other class that is out dps'ing everyone els by 100K. Sure, there are a lot of sorcs in rotation but changing things isnt a good way of telling them to switch classes.

My biggest worry here isnt class specific, it's the fact that a lot of the changes seem to make the WZ'es more slow paced. That's particulary important when it comes to Huttball because it's already hard to take down a healer from mid to goal line.

Edited by MidichIorian

If the Mythic team/BW Group actually Q/A'd the professions via (shocker coming) "testing the player vs. player combat themselves", the community wouldn't have to see 1000's of nerf threads or other actions applied to their profession. Instead, it seems they rarely Q/A anything that goes live while mindlessly catering to the masses, in hopes of getting something right. Their ultimate failure of Ilum is a huge sign that screams: We have no idea how to create a fun and engaging PvP atmosphere.

Sad really.

not all of us wanted nerfs, especially when we were advocating for buffs for our class instead. what did we get? nerfs for everyone! yes i am mad

A buff for 1 class IS a nerf for everybody else. :rolleyes:

When will people remember that it is only relative strength that matters?

If the Mythic team/BW Group actually Q/A'd the professions via (shocker coming) "testing the player vs. player combat themselves", the community wouldn't have to see 1000's of nerf threads or other actions applied to their profession. Instead, it seems they rarely Q/A anything that goes live while mindlessly catering to the masses, in hopes of getting something right. Their ultimate failure of Ilum is a huge sign that screams: We have no idea how to create a fun and engaging PvP atmosphere.

Sad really.

thats too easy tho. But then if the forum mods did their job and deleted the multitude of nerf threads there wouldnt be an issue anyway. instead they just give "warnings" which do nothing at all.. speaking of which il likely get my 5th of the week for this post. :p

QFE

I thought the game was fairly balanced but it seems since the patch notes were released, there are now more jeers than cheers than ever before.

so sad.

This isn't that complicated- they nerfed the wrong things, and when it was the right thing they did an incompetent job with it.

I am not disagreeing with you, just saying that how you think they nerfed the wrong things there are many who think it was the right things.

Wrong or right was not the point of my post.

I am not disagreeing with you, just saying that how you think they nerfed the wrong things there are many who think it was the right things.

... the people who think they nerfed the right things are no longer complaining

... the people who think they nerfed the right things are no longer complaining

A buff for 1 class IS a nerf for everybody else. :rolleyes:

When will people remember that it is only relative strength that matters?

Because of PVE. Some classes are worse in PVE than PVP, and nerfing them for PVP Makes them even WORSE for PVE. So, relative strength related to the game as a whole matters too.

Um, how can you defend that? How long has it been that way? It should have been found on internal testing, and yet it's been in the game for how long?

BioWare has the worst customer service and programmers I've seen, and they're so slow to react to any issues in game (such as bugs, exploits).