Weekend Pass; a review from a new player

DreaddJester

Hey OP, during the beta + early access (and even some time after the release), I had a LOT of fun playing the game. However, the fun will not last. The entire game gets stale within a month (and if you get to level 50, you're going to be tearing your hair out in boredom).

To each their own I guess, fact is you have alot of people on these forums crying and moaning about level 50. I for one like being level 50 and look forward to the new content, not bored at all so far been level 50 for couple of weeks.

Glad you enjoyed your experience and welcome, small piece of advice avoid these cancerous forums at all costs far too many trolls and haters on here.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Didn't realize my little post had so many replies.

To answer a few questions here we go.

First off thanks for all the great and wonderful welcomes. It is much appreciated.

Yes I did have access to any and every server. Didn't seem to be locked from any of them but I honestly didn't try the test server so not sure about that one.

To the comments about the forums, yes I've noticed. I saw one post about the "crappyness of the in-game shadows" and just shook my head in disbelief that anyone could be such a whiny, pathetic fool as to scream about something that has zero effect on the fun of the game. Are there some glitches and problems with the game, sure, but show me an MMORPG that has no issues and I'll show you some ocean front property in Kansas. I truly wish some of those trolls would go experience some other games, where they release full price expansions that have next to zero content, where they sell your personal info to other companies, or where they just don't listen to anything that anyone says.

To those who say I'll get tired of the game fast. Perhaps I will, perhaps I won't. I'm sure most of you young pups couldn't stand to do what I've done in some games. How about trying old school EQ where you had to more or less sit in one spot for hours on end in a group. Your tank pulls the mobs, your dps players blast the mobs to pieces, your healers heal everyone up. Lather, rinse, repeat, with the same exact mobs over and over again for several hours. Or I could go way way back old school where we'd spend quarters and hours blasting away at the same old creeping mobs in space invaders.

I guess what I'm saying there is don't assume that since you apparently have A.D.D. that I do too. I realize that a guild can make or break even the most dull of MMORPGs. Roleplaying can greatly enhance that more. If your in a boring guild or have no friends to speak of in game because you constantly spew out rude or idiotic comments in general chat then I'm truly sorry that your experience sucks. Go find a better guild or quit the game, your choice. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying this game for as long as it brings me a smile and I look forward to hanging out with my guildmates.

Thanks again to all the great and positive feedback.

I don't often post on the forums, but when I do, it's in happy threads :)

Seriously, nice to have a newbie in with a fresh look on the game, as a smuggler myself, I must say I am pleased with your class choice (though admitedly, Scoundrel is the best AC :p ) One question I do have though. I know you were able to join in on the first flashpoint, but how could you do that, when you didn't have access to the chat? How did you get a group together to run Esseles?

Anyway, great to have you here, don't feed the trolls, and have fun!

:)

Edited by Dudeo

Yes I did have access to any and every server. Didn't seem to be locked from any of them but I honestly didn't try the test server so not sure about that one.

Awesome. Thanks!

We can put that rumor to rest as to why some servers populations spiked recently. :)

I don't often post on the forums, but when I do, it's in happy threads :)

Seriously, nice to have a newbie in with a fresh look on the game, as a smuggler myself, I must say I am pleased with your class choice (though admitedly, Scoundrel is the best AC :p ) One question I do have though. I know you were able to join in on the first flashpoint, but how could you do that, when you didn't have access to the chat? How did you get a group together to run Esseles?

Anyway, great to have you here, don't feed the trolls, and have fun!

:)

To be honest, I skipped the first flashpoint. It gave me the option to take a "little shuttle" and that is what I did. I suppose I could have stood next to the flashpoint and said LFG in tells though since I belive I could talk regularly but I didn't try that.

You sound just like all of us after the beta weekends.. Dont worry.. You will see how shallow and boring the game is later on.

not to mention how boring it is to keep hearing from all the people who supposedly quit this game and just keep sowing negativity like it was their full time job. didnt you quit like 2 months ago? havent you found something else to do with your time like teach children how to smoke?

You sound just like all of us after the beta weekends.. Dont worry.. You will see how shallow and boring the game is later on.

Dude, you should try real life... you can build your own housing there, and you can have all kinds of careers as a dancer or hairdresser or clothes designer.

You can even train your own pets and travel vast expanses of empty deserts without meeting anyone for days.

Its truly awesome and its got better graphics than SWG ever had...

SW:TOR, however, is not and will never be (nor has it ever been promised to be) anything like SWG. Its a completely different subgenre of MMO's and just because you came here looking for SWG2 but found SW:WoW doesnt mean you have the right to whine about it for months after allegedly quitting...

weekend pass is all good because you're capped at what? Lvl 15? If you do sub. wait til you reach lvl 50 for a few weeks & come back & post abt. your experience again!

Btw, this ^^ is a negative post... MOST of the players in this game are not 50 yet, let alone getting there in a few weeks.

Enjoy the game at your place, try different classes. Have fun!

I do agree it gets old, but I don't think its much worse than other MMO forums. I mean WOW's forums are full of people complaining about everything from class balance to Mists, at least they were a few months ago when I was still playing. Haven't really checked in a while.

Honestly WoW's forums are not as bad as these... I frequent both.

They have their surges of negativity, but not he doomsday folks... Everyone there knows that WoW is as close to eternal as an MMO gets.

These folks here really need to adapt that mentality...

Self fulfilling prophecy... This game will succeed -- because I like it and will play it. So will others.

This obviously false information dropped in by a Bioware or EA employee. No way anyone can enjoy this game that much!

In all honesty though, welcome to SWTOR. Glad you're enjoying the game just as much as the rest of us are.

All MMOs restict Free access account chat channels other wise the gold farms go crazy with them

If they have to buy a account at least the have to keep buying the game everytime they are banned

Edited by Lt_Latency

Just as a side note: as a weekend pass player I was also not allowed to post on these forums. Couldn't reply, couldn't start a post, couldn't do anything, even though I was logged in to my account. I could read them but would put up a "not authorized to post" message everytime I tried to make a post. It was not until after I subscribed that I could post here.

Which.....brings me to question.... if those who had a subscription but truly canceled it can actually still post here??????? Don't plan on finding out the answer to that question myself for qute some time though. Just interesting food for thought.

Oh, and also, more good news. My wife, who also has played several MMORPGs finally gave the game a go last night. Now this is actually fairly important because she hates sci-fi MMORPG's and hates Star Wars even more. For her to even try the game out was a pretty big deal but after looking over my shoulder at me playing she decided to try. As of right now as I'm typing this she's now over on her own computer playing her own copy of the game....... Took her about 20 minutes of playing last night to say she liked it and wanted her own copy. :D