All good Pvp'ers are ###ed.

Besta

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure you wont have to worry about the "true good pvpers"for very long.guild wars 2 and tera will take care of that

assuming the pvp in this game keeps the direction its going

Keep dreaming, those mmo will fail just as much, i have lost faith in the mmo industry since a long time now but if anything the gear change is a step in the right direction for once.

Edited by Bocherel

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

Exactly!

Keep dreaming, those mmo will fail just as much, i have lost faith in the mmo industry since a long time now but if anything the gear change is a step in the right direction for once.

Sadly I agree. MMOs just aint what they used to be. I played UO for years, EQ1 for years, DAoC for years. (by years I mean 4+ on each one) .. these days I get a new game, sub for 3mos (4mo's playtime if you include the free month) then I am usually done and off to the next game.

Cant say thats a terrible thing, as long as i get my 4mo's its a decent investment. Has been the same with all the recently released titles. Rift i did all the raids etc and quit. SWtoR I've already done all the raids, done the PvP got all the titles.

Its my opinion that these games are too damm easy these days. EQ it took me months to hit level cap, SWtoR took me about a week.

Saying that I'll buy Tera, and TSW and GW2 and play them each for 3-4 months .. hopefully one of them will hold my interest longer than 3-4 mo's and I'll find a a new home. Until then i'm a game hopping fool looking for a home !

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!

Somebody that can pull in 13,000 WZ comms their first day deserves a full BM suit. Anybody else of that notion? BTW, who would complain about it? Simple put, those who needed the gear advantage to win to begin with which honestly, aren't the best pvp'ers in this game.

Am I pissed? Nope, not at all.

im glad about this

i think its normal to get good pvp gear for not expensive price and time invested, its not nice when pvp turns to be just grinding for the best gear, then u start new character, hit 50 and you are sooo terrible in PvP till you get like ~500 expertise

I did not knew the prices yet but it does not really matter since getting BM gear now is not something you spend 2 a 3 week trying to get if not more because of the rng element we have right now.

Now i can get alts to a point quickly aswell, however it does seem to completly destroy the purpose of getting either cent or champ gear which in my opinion is still a waste since gear progression does make it intresting. Not to mention BW is introducing a new step in 50 set which is going to be completely useless for anybody who takes the time to save up his tokens for his BM gear.

However i dont see any mention of the cent and champ gear costing wz coms now aswell, since the champ bag gets removed and daily's now only give coms aswell.... So what is the gear now worth wz comms ? Because if its cheaper its probably still best to buy the cent set first in order to get yourself competitive quicker...

Good PVPers will continue to destroy people they play against. "Good" PVPers that will no longer have gear to carry them will be the ones getting destroyed. Don't really see the issue here. Edited by Jesmcalli

On the PTS , you can buy any BM item for 1000 warzone commendations without any valor rank , basicly new lvl 50s will have full BM set in 1st day, cause they can buy it in easy 10-49 bracket

Seriously???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I feel myself used, because i have 2 toons wich are lvls 67-68 valor and i diD A LOT , and spend a lot of time to do it, and in 1.2 you will be able to be full BM in 1 day

GG bioware

if you get beat by a fresh lvl 50 then you weren't really good to begin with. i'd say the changes are working as intended.

"All good PvPers"

Speak for yourself.

Valor 72, full battlemaster "the hard way" and I welcome the changes. Player vs player should be just that .. not player vs gear.

Good PvP players will love the even playing field to really shine, bad PvPer's will be show up to be gear whoring muppets.

I hate gear grinds in PvP, heck I'm not found of gear grinds in PvE either. Cosmetic *looks cool* stuff should be the rewards for rank / progression. Not stat points. IMO.

truth

well a lot of pro people on youtube relied heavily on gear not to mention most rolled pre-mades. have you ever seen any of the stream/vid of warzones??? nothing but avg skill players winning thanks to gear/premades. now we'll see great players win more as everyone will be equally geared.

so yeh a good majority of so called good pvpers are nerfed,

I don't particularly care about gear being easier to get. Honestly it makes me happy because now when I'm leveling my Alt I don't have to worry about wanting to kill myself because of how freakin' difficult it was to get my Guardian fully battle master geared. Being able to get my Trooper full BM geared in a reasonable amount of time will be a lot more fun. Also, my friends who don't get to play as often as I do will catch up to me in gear and have MUCH more fun with the game when they're equally geared. So at the end of the day I'm looking forward to this change. It will make people better players all in all when everyone is on the same gear level.

If i read correctly, expertise will have diminishing returns as well?

Anyway, this is an RPG not a FPS/TPS...these games were never about "player skill" it was about playing your class smart. They even use to have a "run" option int he older RPG's for when you were up against something you couldnt beat.

If you want to show off how good you are at a game do us a favor, go play CS or something. I hate the fact that now people can just buy BM gear, when working to earn it was all the fun.

Where will the progression be? Some of us dont want an RPS lacking in progression. There was actual progression and a reason to hit that queue button one more time. Now i can just...buy the gear...then what? Theres no guild vs guild, theres no seiges...its just WZ queue, a defunct ilum...and PVE instances....they going to let me buy pve gear so i can hop right into HM ops too? And even then why bother ?

I hate when they easymode these damn games. Happens to every one. All to appeal to players who dont like RPG's.

GG bioware

I hate how you think good pvpers are the people with no life. Its clear you play too much when you have two chars with 68 valor, but does that make you better than anyone else? Absolutely not. Skill> gear.

Edited by Chrisbox

GG bioware

if you were so good you would do warzones naked and own everybody. gear is for noobs.