1.2 = Powertech one of the worst PVP classes

JeefTheBeef

First of all we were already the worst pvp tanks out there by far so speccing in that was basicly useless if a jugg or shadow tank was there. Are tank cds are a complete joke compare to what juggs have. The only 2 good specs we had for pvp was either parakeet or pyro, and now both those specs have been nerfed to the groud. To anybody who says the 6 sec cd is a good thing u obviously never played pyro R.I.P powertechs

Or just keep playing pyrotech. The 6sec cd with increased chance will just make the proc far more reliable, and thus more fun to play overall. Sure, the long proc streaks are fun now, but those times when you keep spamming and it doesn't proc, and you end up overheated, those are not so much fun. You have abilities beyond rail shot anyway.

Or just keep playing pyrotech. The 6sec cd with increased chance will just make the proc far more reliable, and thus more fun to play overall. Sure, the long proc streaks are fun now, but those times when you keep spamming and it doesn't proc, and you end up overheated, those are not so much fun. You have abilities beyond rail shot anyway.

You are wrong sire its not "far more" reliable, 15% increase on the rocket punch proc rate is hardly noticeable, the RNG is still there just in a timer now. Meaning You still will go on some fight without a single proc.

And you think the current state of powertech is fine?

The few competent powertechs I face on my server can top the damage charts more than half the time I face them. Best part is, almost all of that damage is PURE BURST which they dish out in a manner of 4,5 sec. And just to boot, they have two taunts and great defensive abilities. How very fair.

Cry me a *********** river.

You are wrong sire its not "far more" reliable, 15% increase on the rocket punch proc rate is hardly noticeable, the RNG is still there just in a timer now. Meaning You still will go on some fight without a single proc.

as per other thread where you stated 10% and i asked where this number was coming from as patch notes only state "significant increase", where is this 15% now coming from??

is this direct from PTR? can anyone else actually clarify as you seem to be the only person I have seen on the forums who has actual figures...

as per other thread where you stated 10% and i asked where this number was coming from as patch notes only state "significant increase", where is this 15% now coming from???.

From his butt?

Anyone that needs a Damage List to justify that their class if good or not is not only ignorant but a drama-queen with self esteem issues. I have played a PT from start and be it that RS is Random or Planned, the class is STILL damn good. You want DPS, go play a Sniper and get over it. The class if fine and you Theorycrafting doom and gloom in your head then spewing it out here like its fact is just yet another silly QQ post with the same nonsense.

I would still like to see a little more love in AP.

as per other thread where you stated 10% and i asked where this number was coming from as patch notes only state "significant increase", where is this 15% now coming from??

is this direct from PTR? can anyone else actually clarify as you seem to be the only person I have seen on the forums who has actual figures...

Lol srry I believed I had linked you the source already :p

Well here it is, written by another PTS player so yea comes directly from the PTS:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364427&highlight=railshot+sec

Right now it is 45% chance to proc from Flame Burst, 60% chance to proc from Rocket Punch.

pts will still be more useful in huttball than snipers or ops (possibly mercs) at least (especially if tank specced).

in ald or void? the class was already borderline useless, so no change there. juggs and assassins just blow pts completely out of the water in just about every conceivable way possible (better mobility, better escape tools, better defensive abilities, better utility, same damage)

pts just need a redesign more than a buff to any particular talent or ability in my opinion. the whole class is just poorly designed.

Edited by Ryotknife

thats what im saying the only thing that made us special was pyro and parakeet and now parakeet is completely dead and pyro is gonna be a joke the whole class was about luck the change just makes it still be about luck but only every 6 secs.. fail

The long proc streaks are why I sometimes feel obligated to play Assault. (I swap specs a lot, heh)

I much prefer Tactics, and am pleased with the slow being added to Gut :D