1.2 Arsenal Testing

Iandayen

So parsing data on the PTS (yes my character is copied over)- and from personal experience (we made a rudimentary compiler for the combat logs)

Bounty hunter Arsenal got a DPS increase - my tracers are hitting almost as hard as they were before. The crit nerf to the bodyguard talent sucks but 3% isn't a huge deal in end game gear (I'm still sitting at 32% self buffed + 15% from set bonuses to tracer)

Unload is definately a bigger part of your damage rotation - and there doesn't seem to be a large cooldown on the proc either, I have used unload, tracer missile, unload, heatseeker, tracer, unload. And it procs very reliably around the 3 missile mark.

You will need a bit more accuracy now - as my logs are showing about 1 tick of every other unload missing on average while fighting the raid boss test dummy @ 97% ranged accuracy. No resists for tracer or heatseekers.

My Heatseeker Missiles were critting regularly for ~6.3k self buffed - about the same as they were fully raid buffed on live with 2 stacks of tracer debuffs on the target (we only run 2 mercs) - though I wish it did the damage it says in my tooltip right now - 12297- 13087 damage rofl - bug reported that one already.

So in summary

Tracer missile - lost damage - though not much

Unload - gained significantly through proc reliability and frequency

heatseeker - moderate damage increase

rail shot - no change

Overall it looks like a sustained dps increase by a moderate amount.

Just wish I could parse on live right now to get actual comparison dps numbers.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the patch notes, I am also under the impression arsenal didn't really get nerfed, just less success out of tracer spamming which is what the devs stated was their intention.

My question is, with the swapping of tracer and fusion missile animations, did they leave the shiny laser targeting and huge bullseye on our target for tracer? I am asking because this sort of telegraphing is terrible for PvP. As soon as people get used to the new animation they will be LoSing/interrupting/preparing for incoming BH dps worse than ever due to the swapped animations.

Edited by Pepperawr

It does still put the red line and the target on the person.

Though the target doesn't actually appear until the cast is done, and the red laser is hard to see.

It's much easier - and always has been - to just follow where the missile came from and not look for the red laser imo.

Edited by Iandayen

Many thanks for your feedback.When i read the patch notes,the only actual nerfs in my eyes are the 5(might be wrong)% dmg reduction loss from power barrier talent and the -5 sec off our knockback and determination :/.Is it possible btw to tell us what stats(crit/surge/accuracy/power) and how much aim/endurance the new pvp sets have?Cheers

^It is the same animation that Fusion Missile uses now. They just swapped them so now Fusion Missile will look like TM.

To the OP, that sounds encouraging and kind of what I was expecting. One thing you didn't quite touch on was heat management. Has that changed any or is it pretty much negated due to a more fleshed out rotation?

Oh and I can just see the forums after 1.2 goes live and everyone starts calling Arsenal Mercs Unload spammers. ;p

I have a question, when I play arsenal, I try to time things so that when that third TM is landing and applying its dmg, then so is HSM, this was possible due to the TM having a ballistic arc animation and HSM being more straight line (when everything worked perfectly I could have TM, HSM, and railshot all land within the same second).

With the change in TM/Fusion animations will this be possible anymore?

Question number 1 - heat management.

With raid buffs (mainly 5% crit from operatives) I'm still critting reliably enough for heat management - rail shot with the 4 piece bonus is still free - you have the same rotation for the most part, you are just using unload a LOT more than before.

Heat management is probably a bit easier in a raid environment now because of how super efficient unload is. First you lose the heat it uses almost completely during the channel, then add on top of that the crits refunding 8 heat.

Only thing I have run into is sometimes you get so many unload procs and you can run into a situation where it's tracer - unload, rail shot, heatseeker, unload and your tracer missile debuff comes pretty close to falling off.

The stacking armor pen from multiple bounty hunters no longer stacks the armor pen - tracers, unload and rail shot hit for the same amount with 5 stacks or 10 stacks.

But the stacking effect to make your heatseeker missile do more damage is still there, a definate bonus in damage going from 5 stacks to 10.

Second question - Tracer + Heatseeker - Yes they still both hit at the same time, it was never the animation time of tracer that made that happen. It was the fact that tracer has a much slower travel time to the target than heatseeker, and it still does, so it functions in the exact same way.

I'll hop onto the PTR and run some logs and give you guys a screenshot of damage breakdowns and crit% and such.

Be back in 10ish minutes!

Oh and I can just see the forums after 1.2 goes live and everyone starts calling Arsenal Mercs Unload spammers. ;p

I LOL'd.

Thanks for the testing, I am respeccing my heal merc to Arsenal (for no other reason than that I was getting bored of healing and wanted a change ...). This makes me feel comfie doing so.

PS I also have a Powertech that runs Pyro, hence not interested in that tree yet for my Merc. :p

Edited by Poe_

Self buffed, no stims/adrenals/trinkets (except my proc trinket - relentless winds - shows up as wind buffet on meter)

http://i41.tinypic.com/28s5zsg.jpg

Whats your accuracy by chance? I see you didnt miss anything that entire time, not large enough sample size, but quite convincing you are over the cap.

Hell, if you dont mind just list your stats plz.

Edited by Abysuus

I did miss on unload and on rapid shots - but it shows 100% because only like one tick of an unload missed - you can see that by the min damage - it's at zero

Ranged stats

------------------

dmg pri - 678-907

dmg sec 80-149

bonus dmg - 410.4

accuracy - 96.45%

Crit chance - 30.59%

Critical Multiplier - 77.34%

Tech stats

---------------------

Bonus dmg - 714.7

Bonus heal - 497.6

accuracy - 106.45%

critical - 31.51%

Crit multiplier - 77.34%

Edited by Iandayen

Yeah, we were US 12th to clear 16m nightmare raids, got our raid team xferred over.

I have a heal set, not full rakata, I used to heal once in a while but our raid stopped using merc heals, we run 3 sorcs and an op.

I haven't really tried bodyguard on test but I plan on it in the next few days.

This sounds awesome. Using UL more often will suite me perfect because i use UL everytime its off cooldown already, i think i spamm TM a little too less atm. So i think ill raise my dps just keep on playing as i have done all the time :)

A little bird told me that TM heat is lowerd from 25 to 16, is that correct? If thats true, then you make 9 less heat from TM and you using UL more often, which in fact lowers your heat when using. If anyone had heatproblems before it now looks like its nearly impssible to overheat...

A little bird told me that TM heat is lowerd from 25 to 16, is that correct? If thats true, then you make 9 less heat from TM and you using UL more often, which in fact lowers your heat when using. If anyone had heatproblems before it now looks like its nearly impssible to overheat...

this is not totally true. while TM heat was lowered to 16 the activation time was increased to 2 seconds. muzzle fluting was changed from lowering TM heat to reducing the activation time. therefore TM remains exactly the same as it does now if specced

my question is, how bad do these changes affect our HSM + RS burst? one would assume that by using unload more often TM would be used less often therefore slower buff stacking and finally less usage of HSM + RS. can more unload procs make up for this?

Edited by Cegenaus

Since you are so nice to post theese numbers I have a question for you.

I can obviously see that you are using the current 2 piece bonus because lets face it, it is absolutely awesome and I cant imagine us getting any better set bonus to replace it with. But thats kinda the comment that leads up to my question. Is it possible for you to see the set bonus we are getting on the new set so we can start measureing whether or not its worth changing out our current set bonus which is quite a nice one.

ss of the new tracer animation?

Fusion missile's animation, I like the red laser thing. No more crouching like a turtle.

Unfortunately now that as a pyro merc, fusion missile is my finisher on low health targets, I'll be the one crouching like a turtle.

Edited by Sookster

]

My question is, with the swapping of tracer and fusion missile animations, did they leave the shiny laser targeting and huge bullseye on our target for tracer? I am asking because this sort of telegraphing is terrible for PvP. As soon as people get used to the new animation they will be LoSing/interrupting/preparing for incoming BH dps worse than ever due to the swapped animations.

I have been saying this since the first "swap wives" post came out.

meh, my sorc is more fun in pvp anyway, looks like stacking accuracy and ONLY raiding with arsenal