What in the world is BW thinking (regarding 1.2 changes to healing)?

Nonnolol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I stopped reading at "e-terrorists." BW does some crazy stupid stuff in PvP development, but get a little perspective, it IS just a game.

and there are better classes to roll... at least lvling isnt a serious grind. Tor is gonna be one of those games where its good to have alts for the fotm theme.

Reality check here.

The only significant nerf we have been hit with is that now our healing crit noble sacrifice does hurt us. Ignore the conveyance fix as that was never meant to be in the game and to be honest you should be getting at least one crit on every healing trance without the buff. You still get a super fast cast of deliverance.

As for the noble sacrifice, I don't like it but it was needed. It isn't fair that we can spam our abilities and never run out of energy if we follow the rotation. We can still do this, but now we need to keep ourselves healed as well. Honestly, it's not a big deal. I'll just be constantly using rejuvenate on myself combined with the odd big heal.

It really isn't a such a big nerf. We still have force armour and all the cc and mobility.

Reality check here.

The only significant nerf we have been hit with is that now our healing crit noble sacrifice does hurt us. Ignore the conveyance fix as that was never meant to be in the game and to be honest you should be getting at least one crit on every healing trance without the buff. You still get a super fast cast of deliverance.

As for the noble sacrifice, I don't like it but it was needed. It isn't fair that we can spam our abilities and never run out of energy if we follow the rotation. We can still do this, but now we need to keep ourselves healed as well. Honestly, it's not a big deal. I'll just be constantly using rejuvenate on myself combined with the odd big heal.

It really isn't a such a big nerf. We still have force armour and all the cc and mobility.

not sure about the comparable spells as im sith... but Im thinking you better read the changes again. force bending is pretty much completly redesigned into a big nerf. wether it be lack of burst heals or low throughput.

This is nothing more than a full-blown attack on healing which will, either intentionally or unintentionally, turn pvp in this game into a mindless free-for-all which requires little-to-no coordination and/or actual skill.

Isnt that what the PvP in this game already is? It's not like it takes a whole lot of skill to compete in SWTOR.

Reality check here.

Reality check here for you buddy. Mercs and ops dont run out of energy or heat if hey follow theyre rotation either =)

healers are the godmode class of this game. No matter your group composition, the best addition you can make is another healer. Healers are already the strongest 1v1 class in the game, and are impossible to interrupt effectively without taking your entire dps train on them. meanwhile, the other 7 players on their team are ****** you because you have to spend all your time taking out the godmode that keeps respawning. Healers sohuldn't be spam healing themselves, they should be protected by their team, as a support class should.

Tank > DPS > Healer > Tank it doesn't work when Healer > DPS/Tank

So.. if both teams had a healer.. then it would be an indefinite stalemate unto eternity..?

Thank you, very well said.

What people need to realize, is all the premades, and the coordination that a lot of pugs don't have will be GONE once rated Warzones come out. Because in rated Warzones, you need coordination to win. So where are the premades going to go? To rated Warzones.

Reality Check to the people who are complaining about the healers being too OP. Who heals you in Warzones? Who makes sure you don't die? What happens when the healing is nerfed to the point where damage output is now doubled to what it was before than the healing? You're going to die.

I bet you'll miss the "OP" healers then!

Very very veryyyy well said, and I'm glad this thread isn't full of people saying you're wrong. It makes a fellow healer happy :3.

Well said. As a Darkness Assassin I approve of this message! I'd hope for BW to listen to this comment but in all reality my expectations are significantly lowered. All the tracer-spammers who I get my free kills off are going to reroll as marauders now. Either way thank god they didnt touch assassins.

I am e-amazed

with the e-creativity

of some e-naming conventions.

OP - you mistaken assume that 'listening to'

automatically equates to 'solely influenced by'.

Everyone has an opinion - every gets a chance

to voice it. Game developers, when they do listen

to, do not simply react.

I understand you are not happy with the changes.

Thing will be harder.

Do not worry - if the changes do cause the universe

to implode, things will be tweaked.

Balance is an ever-continuing process.

I'm sure those effected, who have a mind to,

will adopt the exact same behaviour as you

have chosen to condem, in the hopes

that BW will listen to them, not the naughty

'e-terrorists'

If they do we can take heart in their blatant

hypocrisy.

::

Side Not:

CNN/The Tabloids/Spin Doctors are widely mistrusted,

sensationalism, while it has its place, general undermines

the quality of the content for the sake of attention.

Edited by Scudmungus

I agree with the OP as much as humanly possible.

DPS is running rampant as it is, and not only do we have to deal with trauma but a suckier resource managment and subpar burst healing capacity.

Its cool how people say we are a support class and should only be able to extend someones life for abit, not indefinitly. Most DPS classes have 0 problems with their resource managment and can keep going on for an infinte amount of time so why shouldent we?

Cant even understand how these game companies managed to destroy MMO after MMO, this is going in the direction of Warhammeronline with knee jerk reactions and a rollcoaster ride in terms of balance.

First time I have ever considered unsubbing and I really love this game, I implore you to not screw this up Bioware.

Edited by Kulthiron

What people need to realize, is all the premades, and the coordination that a lot of pugs don't have will be GONE once rated Warzones come out. Because in rated Warzones, you need coordination to win. So where are the premades going to go? To rated Warzones.

Reality Check to the people who are complaining about the healers being too OP. Who heals you in Warzones? Who makes sure you don't die? What happens when the healing is nerfed to the point where damage output is now doubled to what it was before than the healing? You're going to die.

Very very veryyyy well said, and I'm glad this thread isn't full of people saying you're wrong. It makes a fellow healer happy :3.

Sorry i que myself all the time and get no pocket healer as they are always helping there premades

Can someone explain to me how healing was fundamentally changed in 1.2? I saw zero arguments in the original post, all I saw was crying because his sage class is getting changed.

Did every class get trauma, or every class get damage increased coupled with all three healing classes nerfed?

This game has been boring for quiet some time and I honestly hated the healing as it is. I put out some awesome numbers but it's just not there against coordinated teams.

After reading 1.2 patch notes, I un-subbed my 75 Sage.

Edited by Balmuck

So sawbones is minor buff/tweaked for quality of life issues. Zero pvp utility added;however, trooper and sage heals were nerfed?

Sorry, I do not understand the class abilities reading it straight off the patch notes. How are the 2 other advanced healing classes nerfed?

Lots of complaining words by someone who did not read the patch notes

Fundamental underlying mechanics have been changed. You have not been playing on test all day so your complaining is pointless.

No, it is not pointless....

Considering I started quitting every game that ends up into a healer vs healer fest, I think we'll be fine. I'd rather die faster and see some movement on the battlefield than never die and bash my head against undying players.

Big deal, I'll continue going down like always, but get three times the kills I used to get against healers spam teams. Who's worried about dying when in the mean time you can finally tear half of the opposing team a new one?

Edited by Vetril

So sawbones is minor buff/tweaked for quality of life issues. Zero pvp utility added;however, trooper and sage heals were nerfed?

Sorry, I do not understand the class abilities reading it straight off the patch notes. How are the 2 other advanced healing classes nerfed?

I didn't add the actual mercenary nerfs because I didn't want the thread moved to BH forums. Either way, I was making a far broader argument.

Edited by Nonnolol