The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1.2 New Proc Rates

JakeDawg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, after 3 attacks there's a very good chance RS will proc as it is now.

Exactly..... and now it will have an even better chance.

The chances of us not proccing after 3 attacks (in 1.2) is probably near the same as when we get 3 RS procs in a row now.... which happens maybe once in an entire WZ? Twice if the gods are listening to you?

Edited by MiZrYdj

it goes thru armor it procs and refreshes a tick of DOT and it slows people down. like i said before in pve it dont really matter but pvp makes a big difference.

anyways its hard to take u seriously when u dont even know how long gcd is..

I posted a thread about it on PVP forums.

Feel free to correct me , but we lost out burst from pyro.

Ap wasnt buffed enough.

Its a nerf .

All they need to do is to give pyro a 6 second cd on rail shot. No procs.

And buff AP already.

it goes thru armor it procs and refreshes a tick of DOT and it slows people down. like i said before in pve it dont really matter but pvp makes a big difference.

anyways its hard to take u seriously when u dont even know how long gcd is..

If you are gonna spam FB when it will not proc a RS, and when you already have someone snared then you are a fool.

FB (damage delt + snared for 2 secs) Another FB? No they already snared... and you are locked out of proccing and will build heat OR rapid shots (no heat and similar damage).

There should be no reason to spam FB unless you are fishing for a RS.

As for not accurate GCD numbers.... so what? It's close enough.

not knowing gcd number is the reason why u dont understand why fb back to back is not a bad thing in pvp.

do me a favor go shoot someone with rapid shot in pvp and flame burst them. tell me the damage are similar

Yeah man, they nerfed our burst so the obvious answer would be to remove that burst altogether. Wait, what?

This is really not a significant nerf to our burst; we will always be able to achieve a 2xRS within 2 GCD of the lead-in RS. It's a nerf to our RNG burst, but 3x/4xRS wasn't fair to begin with. The only meaningful nerf is the requirement of Combustion cylinder, though I guess it'll be alright picking up the free 2s snare from it.

not knowing gcd number is the reason why u dont understand why fb back to back is not a bad thing in pvp.

do me a favor go shoot someone with rapid shot in pvp and flame burst them. tell me the damage are similar

You like to see your heat bar filled..... I don't.

Go ahead spam FB and build that heat up.....

I'll stick to using Rapid shots when FB does nothing but net me damage and never overheat, then just spam FB and overheat all the time.

I'd rather not overheat just to get a tiny bit more dps, when I can have a tiny bit less dps but always be able to apply that dps.

It's the way I've played now and will when 1.2 goes live.

I'll try the 1.2 pyro dps but if the nerf hits as hard as I'm sure it will I will cancel and play my remaining time on alts. A company that refuses to listen to the concerns of the player base (fixing AP) won't magically start listening to it at any later date.

I posted a thread about it on PVP forums.

Ap wasnt buffed enough.

Its a nerf .

And buff AP already.

Kind of agree with this, actually.

"Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds"

One thing comes to my mind after reading that. Any rocket punch used in those 6 seconds is a big waste of heat. They would still do decent damage but wouldnt proc a free railshot, making you waste a lot of damage potential + heat dissipation we had when using rocket punch as of now.

Even with the bigger proc chance off flame burst, we still have 55% chance to not proc it (based on what someone said that the chance to proc off flameburst will be 45% with 1.2), and global cooldown is there to make things harder. 6 seconds + (1.5 secs * flame burst not procced) means a lot of times you will go 7.5, 9 or even 11.5+ seconds without getting a free railshot.

Our chances of proccing railshot as of now are 30%, meaning we have 70% chance to not proc it off flame burst. In those 6 seconds period they they are adding we have the potential to flame burst 4 times.

70% * 70% * 70% * 70% = 24%

Right now we have 24% chance to not get a free railshot in that 6 seconds period based only on flame bursts.

With 1.2 we will have have 55% chance to not get it after the 6 seconds.

To the people saying it will be steadier after 1.2, no it wont! Unless you forget about the 6 seconds that we could be getting free railshots as of now.

8 heat per flame burst during those 6 seconds = 32 heat built (considering you use it 4 times).

This nerf is huge imo

I am seriously annoyed by this change. The whole point of pyro is the rail shot proc for damage and heat reduction. I just don't see how they've thought through a rotation for anything longer than the opener? Getting a proc and then having 4 globals of filler isn't going to be viable.

It will also mean that if rail shot is coming off cooldown, I cannot FB to proc for heat reduction, I have to wait and eat the heat of the rail shot and fish for one proc. It also means waiting for rocket punch to coincide with the 6 second cycles.

It makes the heat reduction mechanic WAY worse than a passive 8 heat every 6 seconds, as it is tied to our best ability!

This is some of the best fun I've had on a game, love the character and class, but this changes the core of it. It's a massive nerf.

Yup, a lot of people don't realize that a PPA proc is not guaranteed after 6 seconds. Even with the 15% chance increase, you might have to do two flameburst to get a proc after the 6 secs internal CD is over. Meaning you can go for close to 10 seconds without a proc/heat venting. Edited by Krytycal

PPA needed a cooldown on it, there was no way around it. But what the devs have done, while I appreciate the effort, is not going to work.

They've essentially taken the RNG, and put it on a timer. So, now, we have to wait a minimum of 6 seconds to begin our luck with the RNG rolls. It could be 12 seconds before we actually get a proc. This is a gigantic nerf, especially considering our only heat ventilation is tied to this ability.

I'm all for a cooldown on PPA, but the talent needs re-worked and the proc component needs dropped if it's going to have an internal GCD.

I suggested this:

Changing PPA to an ability that reduces the cooldown of Rail Shot by 9 seconds (coinciding with the 6 second proc component now) and having it fire twice, upon each use.

This not only eliminates the RNG aspect of the spec, but also allows us to keep railshot coming every 6 seconds, and keeps our heat ventilation guaranteed instead of RNG based as well.

honestly this change is really depressing, i have 12 characters over three servers i was ready to quit this game because they all were boring to me in one way or another and then i rolled a powertech and found a class i actually really enjoyed enough to level 'almost' all the way to 50.

now they are giving it a serious nerf. pyro spec has serious issues with heat management and getting lucky with procs was pretty much the only time when we are at smooth sailing. ok so they give railshot a 6sec cooldown on procs. ok i would say objectively the damage 'potential' was too high. but for goodness sake if you giving it a cooldown then bloody hell make the proc %100 not 40-65.

yeah i know nobody cares and this game will still be popular but with this nerf i have overnight lost the will to play this game. the only spec i could sustain playing and enjoy is getting drastic change to the potential effectiveness and dynamic of how it plays.

i can only hope and pray that somewhere in testing the change their mind on this but that is of course very unlikely.

also on a sidenote, the ability 'shoulder slam'. its a really good ability as it doesnt cost heat and hit pretty hard. why is this a pve ability only? it has a huge cooldown on it and would help at least a bt with the MASSIVE heat management isues of pyrotech. why should i be forced to integrate regular auto attacks when no other ac has to do this?

honestly this change is really depressing, i have 12 characters over three servers i was ready to quit this game because they all were boring to me in one way or another and then i rolled a powertech and found a class i actually really enjoyed enough to level 'almost' all the way to 50.

now they are giving it a serious nerf. pyro spec has serious issues with heat management and getting lucky with procs was pretty much the only time when we are at smooth sailing. ok so they give railshot a 6sec cooldown on procs. ok i would say objectively the damage 'potential' was too high. but for goodness sake if you giving it a cooldown then bloody hell make the proc %100 not 40-65.

yeah i know nobody cares and this game will still be popular but with this nerf i have overnight lost the will to play this game. the only spec i could sustain playing and enjoy is getting drastic change to the potential effectiveness and dynamic of how it plays.

i can only hope and pray that somewhere in testing the change their mind on this but that is of course very unlikely.

also on a sidenote, the ability 'shoulder slam'. its a really good ability as it doesnt cost heat and hit pretty hard. why is this a pve ability only? it has a huge cooldown on it and would help at least a bt with the MASSIVE heat management isues of pyrotech. why should i be forced to integrate regular auto attacks when no other ac has to do this?

No sir, more and more players are not willing to invest time in yet another mmo when they quickly see a sign that the devs are out of touch with reality. So rest assured, there are going to be some serious dropouts if these rash decisions continue. I know I for one will not invest my time in a game I have no faith in its devs.

Just got done talking to one of my POWERTECH guildmates who has been in the PTS..... yes part of my guild was lucky enough to get into it.

Like I said previously in this thread.... YOU GUYS ARE TRIPPIN! FOR THE EXACT REASONS I MENTIONED! If you think this is a nerf..... then rage quit because you're a fool.

Edited by MiZrYdj

Bro, it is a nerf. Still have to fight the RNG gods for the proc. Now it just takes longer than 6 seconds. You have to build more heat than before, just to try to vent heat. It's still a retarded RNG spec and they did nothing to fix that.

Just got done talking to one of my POWERTECH guildmates who has been in the PTS..... yes part of my guild was lucky enough to get into it.

Like I said previously in this thread.... YOU GUYS ARE TRIPPIN! FOR THE EXACT REASONS I MENTIONED! If you think this is a nerf..... then rage quit because you're a fool.

Please elaborate :)

He's obviously trolling.

To say rapid shots is better to use than flame burst in rotations? HUH???

Rapid shots = less accuracy, and mitigated by both shields and armor.

Flame burst = Tech attack, elemental damage. Bypasses both.

I will definitely be shelving my PT, and quite possibly canceling my sub, if this goes through.

I don't want to grind a new war hero alt just because the devs are obviously out of touch with reality and their player base.

Edited by JakeDawg

agreed, PT DPS was the only class i like to play and enjoy, this PvP change of cost of the PvE Players, will stop me to pay anymore.

With this change PvE will be broken, because you got huge heat issues at long fights so champions and bosses (like the ones in operations) will overheat you totally.

AP will be a broken tree for now and in the future, so there is no fall back option.

It looks like Bioware isn't intertested anymore in PvE

He's obviously trolling.

To say rapid shots is better to use than flame burst in rotations? HUH???

Rapid shots = less accuracy, and mitigated by both shields and armor.

Flame burst = Tech attack, elemental damage. Bypasses both.

I will definitely be shelving my PT, and quite possibly canceling my sub, if this goes through.

I don't want to grind a new war hero alt just because the devs are obviously out of touch with reality and their player base.

Not to mention every flame burst procs the CGC, adding A LOT of damage on top of it

Also not to mention our tech crit chance is a lot bigger than our ranged crit chance

agreed, PT DPS was the only class i like to play and enjoy, this PvP change of cost of the PvE Players, will stop me to pay anymore.

With this change PvE will be broken, because you got huge heat issues at long fights so champions and bosses (like the ones in operations) will overheat you totally.

AP will be a broken tree for now and in the future, so there is no fall back option.

It looks like Bioware isn't intertested anymore in PvE

Its not going to be balanced even in PvP!!!!!!!! :( This change makes me cry..... I guess bioware just wants us all to roll freaking tank!