Free War Hero gear? i guess not

squishylol

"New War Hero PvP vendors can be found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece."

Looks like fresh 50s will still need to farm the bm gear to progress.

Thoughts?

Im already valor 74 with 2 sets of bm gear, but i read so much qq on these forums about the free gear give away i just wanted to see what they would say now.

Edited by squishylol

"New War Hero PvP vendors can be found on the Republic and Imperial Fleets. They sell the new War Hero and Rated War Hero PvP sets for Ranked Warzone Commendations and the equivalent Battlemaster piece."

Looks like fresh 50s will still need to farm the bm gear to progress.

Thoughts?

BM isn't hard to get, especially w/ the changes. Sounds fine to me.

I like it, alot.

They're maintaining alot more gear progression than I thought they would, while allowing players to buy champ equivalent gear with credits so they can walk in without getting roflstomped.

Not bad.

Battlemaster gear only costs regular warzone commendations now...

With the way warzone commendations are handed out some players might be able to get Battlemaster gear faster with warzone commendations than farming the credits to buy champ gear.

The system isn't broken. Nah. It works fine. If its intended purpose is to move players to D3 and GW2 that is.

PS- giving everyone everything as easy as they are giving it isn't "progression".

Edited by HKDeath

Players are rewarded Ranked Warzone Commendations based on performance; these Commendations can be used to purchase the new War Hero PvP gear.

Players with high ratings can purchase Rated War Hero gear and vehicles. Rated War Hero gear has the same stats as War Hero gear, but has a more prestigious appearance.

Thats cool :p

Edited by Zarkaz

Battlemaster gear only costs regular warzone commendations now...

With the way warzone commendations are handed out some players might be able to get Battlemaster gear faster with warzone commendations than farming the credits to buy champ gear.

The system isn't broken. Nah. It works fine. If its intended purpose is to move players to D3 and GW2 that is.

PS- giving everyone everything as easy as they are giving it isn't "progression".

It sounds like you still need to reach rank 60 valor to even get the option to use WZ commendations. That's a lot better than holy luck of the draw with those BM bags - you now earn them more rightfully.

I really dont know why so many people were ************ before the patch notes came out about fresh 50's getting BM instantly. That was such a thickheaded rumor... the only thing easily attained for fresh 50's is that new recruit pvp set.

All the changes sound amazing! I just need to bust my *** and get another 10 valor ranks for that pvp mount thats going bye bye...

It sounds like you still need to reach rank 60 valor to even get the option to use WZ commendations. That's a lot better than holy luck of the draw with those BM bags - you now earn them more rightfully.

I really dont know why so many people were ************ before the patch notes came out about fresh 50's getting BM instantly. That was such a thickheaded rumor... the only thing easily attained for fresh 50's is that new recruit pvp set.

All the changes sound amazing! I just need to bust my *** and get another 10 valor ranks for that pvp mount thats going bye bye...

No. Just.. No.

Stated, repeatedly, that NO GEAR REQUIRES A VALOR RANK OF ANY KIND at the guild summit.

Then why did some other parts of the patch notes make it sound like you still needed valor for things? It said no valor requirement for BM earpieces and implants - nothing about the other pieces. It doesn't make sense :-/

I read the same thing just implants and earpieces have no requirement nothing about the other pieces

I'm confused, so we take part in RANKED warzones where there is still a gear advantage for many? What is the point in a ranking system, if it isn't skill based?

Am I missing the point?

Also, people say about Character Progression, did anyone play DAOC? It came through Realm Ranks not Gear. They also gave relatively small differences aswell as new titles etc. Think of thing's like reducing the cool-down on your CC breaker etc.

It's not that I'm lazy, it's just a different system to what I enjoy. I never played WoW, because honestly I couldn't get the concept of playing, to get gear, to play, to get gear. I can spend hours upon hours a day playing games and it's not that I can't grind for the gear. I just don't find it anywhere near as fun or exciting.

I have no clue If what your stating is at all true. I hope it is though, because what ridiculous waste of time alot of us have invested only for the BM gear to be handed to a fresh 50. I was a fresh 50 too, but I played like everyone else to be where I am at now.

P.s For those of you who say its about skill, whoever said it was not. It is about skill Primary, and a small secondary the gear for those who invest the time,effort, and acheivment for what they worked so hard to get.( the stats or not outrageous A skilled cent can take out a unskileld BM anyday) Simpley put my reward in valor 60 above is a title.... Wow I feel so honored...pfff

Thanks to another MMO subcumming to the power's that be Bad player's,Lazy player's, Pve players, and the I want it now generation or I am quitting (pout face).

Edited by Umphalos

I have no clue If what your stating is at all true. I hope it is though, because what ridiculous waste of time alot of us have invested only for the BM gear to be handed to a fresh 50. I was a fresh 50 too, but I played like everyone else to be where I am at now.

P.s For those of you who say its about skill, whoever said it was not. It is about skill Primary, and a small secondary the gear for those who invest the time,effort, and acheivment for what they worked so hard to get.( the stats or not outrageous A skilled cent can talk out a unskileld BM anyday) Simpley put my reward in valor 60 above is a title.... Wow I feel so honored...pfff

Thanks to another MMO subcumming to the power's that be Bad player's,Lazy, and Pve players.

^^^ This.

I used to stop baddy BM's when i was in part champ and part cent gear.

But you have to have some reward for your time invested.

Just to make it clear.

Battlemaster and War Hero gear do not require any Valor or any Ranking to purchase.

There's "Rated" War Hero gear which will require a Rating to purchase, but there's nothing special about it other than look.

There will likely still be other items (like speeders), that require a certain valor rating, but that will be all fluff.

Just to make it clear.

Battlemaster and War Hero gear do not require any Valor or any Ranking to purchase.

There's "Rated" War Hero gear which will require a Rating to purchase, but there's nothing special about it other than look.

There will likely still be other items (like speeders), that require a certain valor rating, but that will be all fluff.

Whats not clear though is the fact do you need to be a certain lvl to aquire WZ commedations. Honestly it would make no sense to even have lower ened pvp gear if less than a week I can attain a full BM gear, whats the point.

Imo this is a travesty of epic proportions for all the hard work hardcore players did to reach valor 60 to purchase bm gear will be thrown out to the dumpster coming 1.2 with bm gear being purchasable without pre requisites and without much effort coz u only need measely wz comms to buy them. The developers are giving in to the newbs who gets beaten down easily in pvp well its there fault coz they are lazy and weak there shoukd be a level of exclusivity for dedicated pvp players and not give pvp gear out like feeding chikdren with a silver spoon

Imo this is a travesty of epic proportions for all the hard work hardcore players did to reach valor 60 to purchase bm gear will be thrown out to the dumpster coming 1.2 with bm gear being purchasable without pre requisites and without much effort coz u only need measely wz comms to buy them. The developers are giving in to the newbs who gets beaten down easily in pvp well its there fault coz they are lazy and weak there shoukd be a level of exclusivity for dedicated pvp players and not give pvp gear out like feeding chikdren with a silver spoon

Agreed, so often developer's end up going this route, I have quit,Aoc,CoH/Cov, for this very exact reason. I am already looking into other MMO's (TSW). However I am gonna wait and see what 1.2 does with it exactly, stil a bit of confusion.

The I want it now generation has really dumbed down the diversity and loyal gameplay customers into oblivian. How someone can assume aquiring BM gear in less than a week is an ok thing to do blows me away.

The only players excited of this dumbing down of pvp are th 50 newbs who are too lazy to exert any real effort to pvp grind. Absolutely pathetic BIOWARE. If you are going to give in to player demands then it should be SERVER MERGES coz thats what we all need, a healthy player population