1.2 Changes on PTS now!

MBlackhand

From the patch notes

Marauder

Due to changes to the Marauder skill trees, Marauders have had their skill points refunded.

Deadly Throw's "Trauma" effect can no longer be cleansed.

Force Camouflage now additionally reduces all damage taken by 50% while active.

Obfuscate no longer has a Rage cost and is no longer limited by the global cooldown.

Predation now affects all Operation Group members.

Berserk (while in Ataru Form) now additionally reduces the Rage cost and global cooldown of Sweeping Slash.

Carnage

Ataru Form damage effects (procs) now deal weapon-based damage instead of Force-based damage. The overall damage of these effects has been increased by approximately 10%.

Ataru Form now correctly triggers when fighting very large targets.

Erupting Fury has been replaced by Stagger, which increases Force Charge's immobilize effect.

Unbound now additionally increases the movement speed bonus granted by Predation by 15% per point.

Annihilation

Ferocity has been replaced by Enraged Charge, which increases the Rage generated by Force Charge.

Phantom no longer grants damage reduction while Force Camouflage is active. It now increases the duration of Force Camouflage by 1 second per point and increases the movement speed bonus of Force Camouflage by 10% per point.

Seeping Wound now applies a 50% movement speed reduction (up from 30%).

Short Fuse is now located in Tier 1 of the skill tree.

Rage (Marauder)

Decimate is now located in Tier 1 of the Rage skill tree. It increases the damage dealt by Smash and Sweeping Slash and reduces the cooldown of Smash.

Dominate is now a 3-point skill with the same overall effect. The effect now lasts 20 seconds (up from 15).

Force Alacrity has been replaced by Overpower, which allows Vicious Slash critical hits to have a chance to refund 2 points of Rage while the Marauder is in Shii-Cho Form.

Force Crush's cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds. Its overall effect is unchanged.

Gravity now specifically affects Crippling Slash and Force Crush.

Obliterate now immobilizes the target for 1 second.

Ravager now increases the damage of Ravage instead of affecting Force Choke.

Relentless Fury has been replaced by Berserker. It requires 2 points in Shockwave and causes Berserk (while in Shii-Cho Form) to immediately grant 2 stacks of Shockwave per point.

Shockwave's buff effects now last 20 seconds (up from 15).

Unbreakable Rage has been removed from the game.

Edited by MBlackhand

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's a game changer for sure. Short fuse for me was one of the biggest reasons to go anni spec the other was phantom. Carnage might be fun depending on how much damage ravager adds to ravage could make gore- uninteruptable root ravage - scream that much more powerful.

I can sense a great disturbance in the force it is as though a 1000 voices cried out *** when they realize how often maras will be able to smash of doom next patch. especially if overpower has a significant chance (50% or more) to refund rage giving you a great chance to build free fury

I dunno need dummies to see for sure but I am tempted to go carnage or rage now

Its the weapon damage for Ataru procs that has me jazzed.

I'm curious myself how that will change things...

I'm sure that means Malice (+ crit chance for force attacks) won't be affecting it now, but what other changes will that mean for our procs?...

Does that mean Ataru procs will be able to be shielded and/or defended against now?

Can't think it through myself, rage built too high over stupid handling of Operative healing changes (or the lack thereof).

Annihilation just got destroyed. With Rage now having a solid use for Berserk, other than Pred spam, and access to Short Fuse (dear god...), it's going to be a serious contender.

Our tier 2 talents have been lackluster in Annihilation and Rage trees, making off-tree talent choices lackluster. This will spice up specs quite a bit.

Annihilation just got destroyed. With Rage now having a solid use for Berserk, other than Pred spam, and access to Short Fuse (dear god...), it's going to be a serious contender.

Our tier 2 talents have been lackluster in Annihilation and Rage trees, making off-tree talent choices lackluster. This will spice up specs quite a bit.

Destroyed?

Lol.

Barely anything changed. It's still gonna be beast.

30% Vicious Throws awww yeah.

Destroyed?

Lol.

Barely anything changed. It's still gonna be beast.

30% Vicious Throws awww yeah.

Barely anything? No more Ferocity and Phantom nerf aren't just flavour changes, they're game changers, especially with Short Fuse now being a shared talent. Ferocity changes the way you play Huttball, and is instrumental in defensive swaps in Civil War. With that taken away and redistributed, Annihilation just got kicked in the balls and the torch passed over to Carnage.

So yes, it got destroyed. Ferocity was a favourite among many.

I knew we needed love, not nerfs, but I really didnt expect to see all this. I'm really excited! The dropping of rage to those few skills is a huge help. I don't see why other classes complain, because on my server you have to work your *** off to be a viable Marauder. We could use the help since we rely too heavily on gear mostly. The newer 50s doing pvp will definitley benefit from this.

Only thing I dont understand is this...

"Gravity now specifically affects Crippling Slash and Force Crush."

what does that mean?

Barely anything? No more Ferocity and Phantom nerf aren't just flavour changes, they're game changers, especially with Short Fuse now being a shared talent. Ferocity changes the way you play Huttball, and is instrumental in defensive swaps in Civil War. With that taken away and redistributed, Annihilation just got kicked in the balls and the torch passed over to Carnage.

So yes, it got destroyed. Ferocity was a favourite among many.

I'll take the passive 50% damage reduction and save 2 talent points.

I knew we needed love, not nerfs, but I really didnt expect to see all this. I'm really excited! The dropping of rage to those few skills is a huge help. I don't see why other classes complain, because on my server you have to work your *** off to be a viable Marauder. We could use the help since we rely too heavily on gear mostly. The newer 50s doing pvp will definitley benefit from this.

what does that mean?

so people know it doesnt affect rupture when you talent it to have a snare included.

Annihilation pre-changes has strong survivability and group utility because it has strong sustained damage, self-heal AND group heals, the strongest version of Force Camo (imo), and a better Predation. Carnage has lackluster damage and weaker group utility because it takes a lot longer to build up 30 Fury to use a Predation that only gives a slight move speed increase.

After the changes, Annihilation will still have its heavy sustained damage, self heal and group heal, and a longer lasting Force Camo (which you move faster than other specs in), while Carnage will now have good damage (more uses of Berserk, thanks to Short Fuse, in addition to the Ataru form buff), and some actual group utility because they have the superior version of Predation now.

Annihilation is still a good tree, it's just not the only good tree for Marauder anymore.

Edit: Rage also got some good changes, I'm just more experienced with Carnage and Annihilation.

Edited by NickelzX

So many "this is awesome" comments. Probably in proportion to "marauder sucks" comments for the last few months.

Does anyone else that dominated with their marauder wonder if they just herp-derp'ed the class? Seems like we're losing some pretty big tools out of the toolbox. First glance to me looks like this is a dumb-down and probably a nerf to those that knew how to play the class.

Seems like Ani got the bat, Rage got derped but probably will be the dominate tree.

Edited by getdownsb

I have to honestly say that the Rage buffs are ridiculous, they're too damn good. In addition to that, Marauders also get slightly buffed with the small changes they did (no rage cost on interrupts, able to execute at 30%, trauma being permanent, etc)

I hate to say this but we're going to become the new Arsenal BHs. Faceroll and win

what does that mean?

It just clarifies rupture's snare with seeping wound not having the rage cost reduced by the gravity talent.