Shadow/Assassins - what can they not do?

Dee-Jay

I have a 50 shadow and an up and coming assassin - they seem pretty balanced to me, but I run as a DPS in DPS gear. I hear that tanking in DPS gear is off the show and needs nerfing.

The Shadow doesn't need a nerf, I only doing about 100,000 DPS in Warzones per Warzone. And I use the DPS gear as a tanking spec.

The Shadow is definately one of the most balance classes in the game in gameplay, outside of healing, Shadows are great in Tanking, Range DPS, Melee DPS, Stealth, and Crowd Controls.

Shadow Tanks/DPS Hybrid are power, but in the range of actural DPS, most of these hybrids only doing 100,000 to 300,000 DPS what isn't anywhere near the top of the DPSers. In the way of Tanking, Shadows are great for off Tanking more than main Tanking.

Ultamately what makes the Shadow so great is its versatillity, not its DPS or Tanking Abilities.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kill healers which might be the most important thing in the game thats what they can not do.

It goes like this.

Tank>dps>healer>tank>dps>healer>tank

I dunno how much more blance you want then that and thats 1vs 1 which is what EVERYONE seems to want to blance the game around......duels.

What's a blance?

Shadow/Assassins can NOT do great single target burst DPS in their tank spec even with "DPS" gear. The DPS spec with DPS gear is a Healer killer and is amazing burst when setup correctly but that is FAR TOO WEAK in it's current state and hopefully being fixed.

Yes, they do.

Sounds like a trooper/bh or sorc/coun doesn't want any other class to have a viable spec in pvp.

There is nothing amazing about shadow/assassins, but good players playing them in good gear challenge the two omni class's which confuse them cuz they don't feel so l33t any more.

The best thing tank spec has over stealth spec is the ability to get out of a root with out using your cc breaker and the "get over here" ability. Stealth dps doesn't have a second way out of a root and is squishy.

Tank spec dps doesn't have burst, but they can sustain it longer because they are still alive.

Sounds like a trooper/bh or sorc/coun doesn't want any other class to have a viable spec in pvp.

There is nothing amazing about shadow/assassins, but good players playing them in good gear challenge the two omni class's which confuse them cuz they don't feel so l33t any more.

The best thing tank spec has over stealth spec is the ability to get out of a root with out using your cc breaker and the "get over here" ability. Stealth dps doesn't have a second way out of a root and is squishy.

Tank spec dps doesn't have burst, but they can sustain it longer because they are still alive.

QFT

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

The "powerful burst damage" isn't instant. It requires time to set up, which gives good players time to set you up lol. I think tank damage should be slightly reduced IF they actually buff our damage reduction to the same degree. As for deception, ye gods do something lol. There are a few really good players with it, all of the others are fodder right now.

basically assassin tank spec is only viable spec in wz's for us.. sure u can go deception and die in a stun cause u take the max damage that can be put out.. u know those snipers bragging about their 6k or 7k ambushes.. guess who it was on.. a non tank assassin

make our dps spec more viable and we wouldn't have to cheese u with an unkillable tank spec

Shadow Tanks/DPS Hybrid are power, but in the range of actural DPS, most of these hybrids only doing 100,000 to 300,000 DPS what isn't anywhere near the top of the DPSers.

It is funny when bad players imply L2P then argue their class is balanced, because they suck with it.

Balance of classes shouldnt be based off mediocre players but what the top 5% can do with it. In this regard sin/shadow greatly standout compared to the other classes people are calling OP.

For example. powertech does damage(and I usually get around 400k-500k) but it only does damage, sin/shadows can both do damage, absorb damage and escape from death. This needs to change.

Edited by LoKiei

For example. powertech does damage(and I usually get around 400k-500k) but it only does damage, sin/shadows can both do damage, absorb damage and escape from death. This needs to change.

Powertech only does damage? Ok, you're not allowed to talk anymore.

It is funny when bad players imply L2P then argue their class is balanced, because they suck with it.

Balance of classes shouldnt be based off mediocre players but what the top 5% can do with it. In this regard sin/shadow greatly standout compared to the other classes people are calling OP.

It's even funnier when bad players call other players bad. Nothing you stated is truthful. A good DPSer will net between 500-1m dmg in a given round, That goes for healing too. Guard only works on others and mitigates no damage from the tank. There is no "absorb damage" if we "absorb damage" from someone else.. gasp.. it does damage to us. I am a fully BM DPS geared tankasin who usually gets the most medals and mvps on my team.. my damage ranges from 100k-300k my protection from 10k-90k and my self healing around 30-50k.. because I am a hybrid set up that way and make use of every button and tool available to me. When I play on my non tankasin alts I faceroll almost all of them. Skill > Spec, what needs to change is bad players thinking they have the right to speak about class balance on public forums and expect to get away with it by running to forum moderators when they get called out for being lying twits.

Powertech only does damage? Ok, you're not allowed to talk anymore.

So true.

Edited by Aethyrprime

It's even funnier when bad players call other players bad. Nothing you stated is truthful. A good DPSer will net between 500-1m dmg in a given round, That goes for healing too. Guard only works on others and mitigates no damage from the tank. There is no "absorb damage" if we "absorb damage" from someone else.. gasp.. it does damage to us. I am a fully BM DPS geared tankasin who usually gets the most medals and mvps on my team.. my damage ranges from 100k-300k my protection from 10k-90k and my self healing around 30-50k.. because I am a hybrid set up that way and make use of every button and tool available to me. When I play on my non tankasin alts I faceroll almost all of them. Skill > Spec, what needs to change is bad players thinking they have the right to speak about class balance on public forums and expect to get away with it by running to forum moderators when they get called out for being lying twits.

So true.

lol.

Directing you to this:

Yes, in a 4 - 2 game of voidstar that went the max amount of time for both sides, spamming wither and discharge AOEs as a tankasin will put out fun numbers....especially as part of a team with 3 healers where you have maximum uptime due to lack of death.

I've done it myself in similar fashion. I don't think it really says anything special about the class or the player though.

lol.

Directing you to this:

What's your point? I can post similar images? Try addressing all of the lies and misinformation you posted. Powertech's can only DPS? Really? How about the rest of the ******** in your post. There is nothing to see here. You claiming that you can do between 400-500k AS A POWERTECH (WHICH CAN TANK AND GUARD AND TAUNT JUST LIKE AN ASSASSIN) yet an Tank specc'd assassin will get NO WHERE NEAR THAT DMG in a average round.

http://imageshack.us/f/861/xaunfeb032012.jpg/

If I was deception specc'd I could easily dps to the point of crazy numbers then swap to dark charge stance and still taunt/guard the rest. These types of images prove nothing.

Edited by Aethyrprime

What's your point? I can post similar images?

You're implying you're in the top 5% and capable of provideing an accurate evaluation of your class, using your poor numbers that were such a triumph to achive as a benchmark for supposedly how little damage tank sin/shadows do.

As stated before, it is funny and a bit sad when people who clearly don't play their class well argue that their class is balanced on the basis of their playing performance.

Regardless think what you want, this is going to be fixed at some point.

You're implying you're in the top 5% and capable of provideing an accurate evaluation of your class, using your poor numbers that were such a triumph to achive as a benchmark for supposedly how little damage tank sin/shadows do.

As stated before, it is funny and a bit sad when people who clearly don't play their class well argue that their class is balanced on the basis of their playing performance.

Regardless think what you want, this is going to be fixed at some point.

This coming from the person who claims Powertech's can only DPS? Riiiiight. :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh yeah and I love how you only quoted the first sentence of the post and ignore the fact you are a lying twit.

Try addressing all of the lies and misinformation you posted. Powertech's can only DPS? Really? How about the rest of the ******** in your post. There is nothing to see here. You claiming that you can do between 400-500k AS A POWERTECH (WHICH CAN TANK AND GUARD AND TAUNT JUST LIKE AN ASSASSIN) yet an Tank specc'd assassin will get NO WHERE NEAR THAT DMG in a average round.

http://imageshack.us/f/861/xaunfeb032012.jpg/

If I was deception specc'd I could easily dps to the point of crazy numbers then swap to dark charge stance and still taunt/guard the rest. These types of images prove nothing.

Now if you are going to reply. Do so to the rest of this before putting your foot farther in your mouth.

Edited by Aethyrprime

This coming from the person who claims Powertech's can only DPS? Riiiiight. :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh yeah and I love how you only quoted the first sentence of the post and ignore the fact you are a lying twit.

My comment about dps was in regards to Pyro builds, which is the most usefull pvp spec for PowerTech. We do lots of damage but we die very quickly given that we have no massive damage reduction abilities, stealth, force run or any significant self heal.

My comment about dps was in regards to Pyro builds, which is the most usefull pvp spec for PowerTech. We do lots of damage but we die very quickly given that we have no massive damage reduction abilities, stealth, force run or any significant self heal.

And.. if you swap to the correct type of stance you can also "GASP" guard/taunt and get "crazy protection numbers". You are just trolling because your class / spec choice is the one that so many people have complained about that even the Dev's have mentioned a nerf is incoming. Don't think you are fooling anyone with your nonsense.

This thread has 10 pages of people telling the OP how wrong they are.. with 1 or 2 bad players every so many pages trying to defend the OP.

Also, you just "can't" seem to post even once without including some misinformation or lies. No massive damage reduction abilities? Really? Just because you aren't using them doesn't mean they don't exist. No assassins have significant self healing. We are extremely dependent on stealth and force speed because "GASP" we are melee. While you can sit back and dps all you want from a distance. Good grief Charlie Brown..

I may not be the #1 assassin on all servers but I would wager I am in the top 3% seeing as I have rarely ever come up short on the score board. Shall I make an entire folder of round endings for you showing the extreme gamut of this? I posted that image before this last patch cycle. Things have changed since then and my gear is waaay better.

Edited by Aethyrprime

And.. if you swap to the correct type of stance you can also "GASP" guard/taunt and get "crazy protection numbers". You are just trolling because your class / spec choice is the one that so many people have complained about that even the Dev's have mentioned a nerf is incoming. Don't think you are fooling anyone with your nonsense.

You think my problem with Shadows/Sins is their ability to guard? You're grasping for straws.

You think my problem with Shadows/Sins is their ability to guard? You're grasping for straws.

Ok you are delusional. Way to try to avoid 99% of what is said yet again. Selective quoting a response does not make. As with most QQ in this forum.. PBKAC all the way.

Edited by Aethyrprime

HAHAHAHAHAH.. ok you are delusional. Way to try to avoid 99% of what is said yet again. Selective quoting a response does not make.

No, I quote then you later edit because your rage induced posts are not well thoughtout.

You lose this argument either way.

If you're a good player you will put up good numbers and in the process you will either admit your class has the ability to keep its cake and eat it too(or at the very least lead other people to come to that conclusion.) If you're not a good player your numbers will be poor and the argument that your class is balanced because of these poor numbers will be shown to be absurd(given that there exist competent players to use as a benchmark).

No, I quote then you later edit because your rage induced posts are not well thoughtout.

You lose this argument either way.

If you're a good player you will put up good numbers and in the process you will either admit your class has the ability to keep its cake and eat it too(or at the very least lead other people to come to that conclusion.) If you're not a good player your numbers will be poor and the argument that your class is balanced because of these poor numbers will be shown to be absurd(given that there exist competent players to use as a benchmark).

I'll quote myself again. "You simply cannot make a single post in here without including lies".

I'll leave it to others to decide. I never cried nerf here about anything or anyone. That's you Mr. "Powertech's can only DPS", crying nerf to something you have never played. I find your entire point of view absurd. This game is well balanced and piss poor players like you are going to drag it through the mud because you fail at it and come here looking for Dev's to give you an unfair advantage to fix your lack of player skills.

Edited by Aethyrprime

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.