The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware is moving WAY too slowly

Makade

Gotta agree!

Not saying to rush out a patch as it can bug up & make things worse.

But the longer we wait, the fewer people are logging in, the Trask Ulgo Fleet must have had a terrorist bomb threat, cus' no one is about... Damn, Rebel scum! :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoah, another really dumb thread. Have people been waiting for the free weekend to come up with this stuff and try to scare off new players?

We've already had new content since launch and we're getting a major patch pretty quickly after the launch of this brand new MMO. I think the pace is good. Some people just blow through things way too quickly without really enjoying the game experience in order to collect the shinies.

SWTOR is a broken business model. It costs more to create content that isn't even as good as it's competitors.

Expect updates to continue to come VERY slowly.

When 1.2 goes live (April) the game will have been out less than six months and we'll have been given 2 new raids, the Legacy system, a new flashpoint, warzone and new gear.

Trion may be able to bring out that much content but no other MMO in the last decade has done as much as quickly.

I'm still wondering Gohlar why you are still here if you hate the game so much?

Yeah the difference is in WoW the HM bosses are actually hard and can take weeks to get down, in SWTOR its so easy. you clear the content a hell of alot quicker in SWTOR so they have to release OPS alot quicker.

Not necessary to pump out Operation after Operation if they ramp up the difficulty for Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode which apparently they have acknowledged is lacking and are working to correct that. Regardless, if I recall the devs at the Guild Summit said a new Operation would be released every content update. So we're getting both worlds in a way.

Blizzard really gave their endgame PvE'ers the bird in Cataclysm. They had to wait 7 months before a new raid was released. Raiders were smacking around the same 14 bosses for 7 freaking months just to get 8 new bosses (7 in Firelands and 1 in Baradin Hold) and then they had to wait 5 months to get 9 new bosses (8 in Dragon Soul and 1 in Baradin Hold) and who knows how long it's going to take for Mists of Pandaria to release or if they plan on doing some tiny little raid inbetween like they did in Wrath. None of these raids were anything like Ulduar, Icecrown Citadel, Black Temple, or Sunwell Plateau. It took no time at all to get to these bosses and the total count was 31 which is nothing compared to the last two expansions that each had 50+ raid bosses to fight in raids that were much larger and time consuming.

Cataclysm was just a joke for post-launch content in general. After well over a year the WoW players were given a mere 17 raid bosses (15 spread out over two raids and two extra raid bosses in Baradin Hold), 5 heroic-only dungeons (two of which were rehashed retunes of old troll raids), and a set of dailies. That was it. It was pathetic.

When 1.2 goes live (April) the game will have been out less than six months and we'll have been given 2 new raids, the Legacy system, a new flashpoint, warzone and new gear.

Trion may be able to bring out that much content but no other MMO in the last decade has done as much as quickly.

I'm still wondering Gohlar why you are still here if you hate the game so much?

Those "new" raids simply weren't finished for launch. BIG difference.

The endgame is also horrible/buggy. The legacy system is fluff, not content (oh boy lets roll alts!).

To answer your question: Christmas gift card, just like MANY others.

I don't know, it just amazes me how much of a step backwards this game took for mmos and people still defend it. It's nuts.

Edited by Gohlar

They should also fix it being in the middle of the school semester....and people working full time.

Why don't they just patch life so it is just a holiday? :rolleyes:

LMFAO

I literally laughed out loud on that. Hilarious!!! You sir, are a comic genius.

Whoah, another really dumb thread. Have people been waiting for the free weekend to come up with this stuff and try to scare off new players?

We've already had new content since launch and we're getting a major patch pretty quickly after the launch of this brand new MMO. I think the pace is good. Some people just blow through things way too quickly without really enjoying the game experience in order to collect the shinies.

Less blind fanboy, more reality check.

EA/BW spread the devs to so many other smallish companies that they can't deal with patching it correctly.

ie: I still have Ivory (Smuggler quest line NPC) hitching a ride on board my ship for no reason since Early Access; I still have bonus quest spawn from class quest stuck even after they announced it fixed, and that's without the 100+ items that got reported by us starting 2 beta before lunch. Crumple robes, lips not moving, spam evade mobs during last smuggler class quest, spazzing NPC's, beacon dance NPC death...

Hey just look at ME3 and the extremely and totally awful eye work on their PC platform version... Clipping thru eyelids, bad alignment, etc... And that's beside the stomping sound running do, lag and speed up during gameplay...

They need to wake up and produce product with near 100% finish not 80%.

This really make no sense to me.

SWTOR is a broken business model. It costs more to create content that isn't even as good as it's competitors.

Expect updates to continue to come VERY slowly.

Nah, they can do it cheap. Just expect any new voice acting to be supplied by the janitors.

Nah, they can do it cheap. Just expect any new voice acting to be supplied by the janitors.

It would probably be a smart move. The stuff that's there is crappy B movie quality to begin with.

Hey just look at ME3 and the extremely and totally awful eye work on their PC platform version...

I have ME3 on PC. It looks/plays excellent. Haven't noticed any issues. I think they did a great job, gotta give credit where it is due.

Edited by Gohlar

Less blind fanboy, more reality check.

EA/BW spread the devs to so many other smallish companies that they can't deal with patching it correctly.

ie: I still have Ivory (Smuggler quest line NPC) hitching a ride on board my ship for no reason since Early Access; I still have bonus quest spawn from class quest stuck even after they announced it fixed, and that's without the 100+ items that got reported by us starting 2 beta before lunch. Crumple robes, lips not moving, spam evade mobs during last smuggler class quest, spazzing NPC's, beacon dance NPC death...

Hey just look at ME3 and the extremely and totally awful eye work on their PC platform version... Clipping thru eyelids, bad alignment, etc... And that's beside the stomping sound running do, lag and speed up during gameplay...

They need to wake up and produce product with near 100% finish not 80%.

This really make no sense to me.

Well said, BW should really have a look at blizz, look at D3 delayed because its not ready. Community has a moan etc but you know when the game comes out it will be almost bug free.

SWTOR was rushed out with so many bugs, just not acceptable.

I think my sig. may be able to help you....

I get that Sporin, and i'm not a nub thanks.

But I just don't understand the mentality of people that want to stick around for months to complain about something they dislike just because they paid in advance. Surely they have something better and more valuable to do with their time?

If I buy a cheeseburger and don't like the taste I don't choke it down anyway just because I paid for it.

And if I did have a complaint theres not much point complaining to the other diners, you speak to the chef.

Edited by Kinrain

Those "new" raids simply weren't finished for launch. BIG difference.

Karagga's Palace wasn't finished. Explosive Conflict was never intended for launch. Maybe you're prepared to tell me that anything that releases within 4 months of an MMOs launch was something that was supposed to be in on Day 1? Very well. How much content did Rift launch within 4 months of release? Go ahead and count that as content that should have been in at launch. That's what....3 content patches?

The endgame is also horrible/buggy. The legacy system is fluff, not content (oh boy lets roll alts!).

Eternity Vault was horribly buggy. Karagga's Palace was smooth with a couple little bumps. The Legacy system is important to many people. Are you prepared to tell me that everything launched in Rift isn't fluff when compared to the Legacy system?

I don't know, it just amazes me how much of a step backwards this game took for mmos and people still defend it. It's nuts.

Because it's no different than any other MMO that has come out since WoW with these issues that everyone is blowing out of proportion except unlike the others it had wild initial success and is managing to hold out for now. How many levels can I play of Rift for free? 20 is it? How about Aion? Oh right it went F2P after 2 years and never really achieved much. Tera has already had to consolidate servers in South Korea and Guild Wars 2 has more pressure on it than any one game should have to be the second coming so that hype train will derail pretty fast.

Yeah the difference is in WoW the HM bosses are actually hard and can take weeks to get down, in SWTOR its so easy. you clear the content a hell of alot quicker in SWTOR so they have to release OPS alot quicker.

naxxaramas was hard?

But I just don't understand the mentality of people that want to stick around for months to complain about something they dislike just because they paid in advance. Surely they have something better and more valuable to do with their time?

If I buy a cheeseburger and don't like the taste I don't choke it down anyway just because I paid for it.

And if I did have a complaint theres not much point complaining to the other diners, you speak to the chef.

I'm killing 20 mins before work so I don't really have anything better to do.

It is fair to say we don't have anything else to do when we complain on a chat forum, it's probably true.

But why? A talented developer with a huge budget and an awesome IP made a crap mmo. We are annoyed.

What does Rift have that SW:TOR doesn't have? Because I feel like, you can do dynamic quests only so much before you get bored of them.

I prefer SWTOR to Rift. However Rift is in my opinion one of the better MMOs on the market.

Dynamic content is meant to never get stale or boring. Questing, no matter how well acted can only be done once without the feeling of being repetitive. I don't want to roll another Sith Warrior for example. I already did all the quest.

Yes I love the voice acting, but once I did it once that it. I am not complaining though, they gave me 8 long story lines to choose from and 2 different options for outcomes, so I will be busy for a while.

However dynamic content is there when you don't want to run the same quest over and over. For example in Rift your the city that you are in might get invaded, and you and all of the players in that region have to work together to stop the invasion. The same things occur for both PVP and PVE, it is very fun. I never got bored of it.

I can promise you that the Star Wars IP is the main reason tha I am here, and most others. I like the game right now, but it really does need dynamic content.

So you don't warn the others that the Cheeseburger is off/bad & just let them all get the same food poisioning as you? Wow! Now, thats upsetting! (And thats what a lot are doing here.. Warning others & "trying" to make themselves heard... You know, "WE BOUGHT YOUR GAME, PAID FOR TIME... AND IT'S EMPTY AND BROKEN!" ...You can't get your money back & the people defending the game of no other reason than "I like it, I'm having fun!" isn't helping the 1s thats trapped in MMO Hell. Personally, I feel robbed, they sold me a car with no engine!). :(

Edited by Sporin

My only note to this is: In WoW you have to wait 6 months or more for a patch and you get an expansion with pandas and pokemon wich unbalances the game mechanics even more between classes.

I cancelled 4 WoW accounts mainly cos I couldn't afford to keep all 4 going and the two I have for TOR. EVen the one I had said I will have a year on for the free Diable 3, but I'm not going to pay 90odd quid for a years worth of WoW that I don't play to get the normal version of D3 when the collectors edition is 70. And the pandas was just another stupid *** thing to add to something they are obviously running out of ideas for.

I have to disagree. I think the Legacy System will be cool and unique. Well, I'm hoping at least. Also, I love to roll alts. So to me it's awesome. But I may be more on the casual than hardcore spectrum of players. i do get to play on the weekends, but a few hours here and there during the week.

I have to disagree. I think the Legacy System will be cool and unique. Well, I'm hoping at least. Also, I love to roll alts. So to me it's awesome. But I may be more on the casual than hardcore spectrum of players. i do get to play on the weekends, but a few hours here and there during the week.

Not very unique if we all get the same things from it. (I won't even go into how stupid some of them are.. punches... sure! *s*****r*).;)

So you don't warn the others that the Cheeseburger is off/bad & just let them all get the same food poisioning as you? Wow! Now, thats upsetting! (And thats what a lot are doing here.. Warning others & "trying" to make themselves heard... You know, "WE BOUGHT YOUR GAME, PAID FOR TIME... AND IT'S EMPTY AND BROKEN!" ...You can't get your money back & the people defending the game of no other reason than "I like it, I'm having fun!" isn't helping the 1s thats trapped in MMO Hell. Personally, I feel robbed, they sold me a car with no engine!). :(

Good point, and if the game was 'off/bad' and likely to cause food poisoning I would.

But in my opinion its not. I do not belive the game is broken or empty. The fact that we both have subjective opinions doesn't make either one an objective fact.

Trying to 'warn' others that the game is 'broken and empty' assumes your opinion is a fact, which its not.

Not my point. Of course people can play multiple games. At times I've been subbed to five different games at one time (EVE, WWII Online, EQ, CoH, SWG).

The difference between the likes of you and me, since I was having fun playing those games, I never visited the forums. Why? Because I was too busy having fun playing those games, haha. And if I had time to be on a forum, it would be on the forums of the games I was having fun playing so I could talk about cool things.

Your last paragraph might need to be revisited... you are contradicting yourself!

Never visit if I am having fun. If I do, its cause I am having fun. um...

Good point, and if the game was 'off/bad' and likely to cause food poisoning I would.

But in my opinion its not. I do not belive the game is broken or empty. The fact that we both have subjective opinions doesn't make either one an objective fact.

Trying to 'warn' others that the game is 'broken and empty' assumes your opinion is a fact, which its not.

Ok, granted. But in that case, I ask that you roll an alt on Trask Ulgo (EU) & see for yourself.

If your characters are on a full, lively, busseling world then I honestly am very happy for you, but I'm in hell, if this is what solitary confinement is, I'm so glad I was never a criminal.

:o