Why are our Rakata Set bonuses so useless

Hefton

come on 15 seconds on a 3 minute coodown and 1 rage reduction to vicious throw

mercenary set bonus is waay better than ours

15% crit chance to tracer missle....

I know, lol. They really are pathetic. You can pretty much guarantee it won't be fixed though...especially with the new tier coming out.

Its not just rakata set even the pvp set has awful bonuses. It should be a +15% chance to crit on vslash and massacre since most DPS classes get a 15% crit bonus on some ability (sins get one on both thrash and Voltaic slash also since it replace their proc builder thrash in their deception spec so it makes sense since mass replaces vslash for carnage).

As for a second bonus maybe a 10 second cd reduction to force camo.

Reduction on vicious throw makes it what, 2 rage? (annihilation spec)

Given my gear and not in raid setup I can see it crit for 4k+, thats up there with annihilate costing 5 rage and critting for 4k+ with a vicious throw having a 6 second cooldown as opposed to 7.5 second cooldown with annihilate fully buffed.

I was very pessimistic about our set bonuses, but I was also very lax in using Frenzy. Got a burn phase coming up -> stack to 30 and wait -> time it so you can get bleeds going just prior to burn call -> pop bloodthirst -> pop frenzy -> pop berserk -> pop relics/adrenals -> go to mofo town. Burn was called and you don't have max fury -> pop Frenzy. Some fights you will get an extra use of this cooldown, don't ignore it.

If anything our set bonuses make us want to use the abilities as opposed to having easymode we don't have to work to win.

Edited by Vaahanian

Given my gear and not in raid setup I can see it crit for 4k+, thats up there with annihilate costing 5 rage and critting for 4k+ with a vicious throw having a 6 second cooldown as opposed to 7.5 second cooldown with annihilate fully buffed.

I was very pessimistic about our set bonuses, but I was also very lax in using Frenzy. Got a burn phase coming up -> stack to 30 and wait -> time it so you can get bleeds going just prior to burn call -> pop bloodthirst -> pop frenzy -> pop berserk -> pop relics/adrenals -> go to mofo town. Burn was called and you don't have max fury -> pop Frenzy. Some fights you will get an extra use of this cooldown, don't ignore it.

If anything our set bonuses make us want to use the abilities as opposed to having easymode we don't have to work to win.

Too bad no classes have that much health for a 4k crit to VT...and the classes that do you'd never hit that much.

Such an abysmal reduction on frenzy won't change the fight for you much, you'd notice that if you weren't wearing 4 piece. (I like my karagga bellhat and orange hood). You will be able to use it either twice or three times during most fights, with or without the set bonus.

Rage reduction on the throw is nice, but it is not significant. If I'm not swimming in rage, I usually have at least a constant of 4 bars of it. It helps, but its not a significant bonus, and they could've at least moved it to our 4 piece, because of how weak our 4 piece is.

The PVE 4pc is nice, but it's mainly just flavour. It does help with our rotation on bosses during the execute phase though; having execute only cost us 1 rage really does help our rage starved rotation. The 2pc is beyond useless.

The PVP set bonuses I like though. 15sec off UR is really nice (especially when your rage, UR on 45sec CD is completely OP). With the 4pc, making our execute 15 meters is also awesome, it's been the sole reason that i've gotten KB's on some people who are running away and sub-20% hp.

Wonder what the new ones will be like.

Too bad no classes have that much health for a 4k crit to VT...and the classes that do you'd never hit that much.

Except that there's such a thing as healers, and a throw can be delayed enough for the person to be above 20% and still be hit by the saber.

Except that there's such a thing as healers, and a throw can be delayed enough for the person to be above 20% and still be hit by the saber.

Still, having 1 less rage/Extra range on an ability that can only be used 1/5 of the time is still sub par at best.

Being annihilation spec makes force charge have a lower cooldown and no minimum range, great for PvP, but still has a cooldown and with the abundance of knockbacks in this game having another ranged ability is nothing people should scoff at.

Frankly, if a guy is at 20% I'm not worried he is going to die in one or two more hits anyway, don't really need a finishing blow. Now if they took the 20% min health limit away...

The amount of burst we would have would be ridiculous if they did that... Only costs 2 focus with set bonuses, its on a 6 second cool down and consistently crits for 3-5k... Combine that with merciless slash that also crits for 3k+... Our burst damage would be through the roof.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.