New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Err....really?

Their is rage over this?

Really?

Come on folks! This is a normal part of any MMO. Sometimes patches need to be implemented right now, and they can't wait because it's a very important fix.

Whatever this patch was, Bioware found it critical enough, to warrant a immediate shutdown.

Just chill out and relax, the game will be back soon.

Personally I do hope that we get some notes on what the patch is...to see what needed fixing.

1.1.5b Patch Notes

3/15/2012

General

Corrected an issue allowing incorrect access for Weekend Pass players.

here is why they are doing the patch. Rather funny if you ask me.

Sounds important to me. I am sure they found something that would of really made the game bad for paying customers, and are fixing it. Cause this thread would of been alot worse on the weekend. Read it carefully:

INCORRECT ACCESS for the Weekend Pass players. I think access is a KEY word here.

But, hey this thread will die after 4pm anyway, but so much fun to read. This should go into a book. Call it: US vs EU....who cried the most. LOL

When is EUs primetime? I think it's all day long. Maintenance at 2 am... Uh it's our prime time here! Maintenance at 2pm.... Ugh it's still prime time here!

So when is your primetime?

The same time (clock) its in the us.

First I fired up rift. Bah pvp was piss poor. Then I got back on AoC, but meh pvp was laggy and piss poor. Then I logged into my wow account and checked out subscriptions... but just cloed the window thinking... nah pvp is piss poor and boring. Then I tried the wrath of heroes beta, bah... pvp... piss poor. Then I pondered if a siege in WAR would be... nah... piss poor pvp. Then I fired up my PS3 and actually enjoyed a bit of DC Universe online PvP... not bad, but still... shallow. Now I've run out of options and since SWTOR is likely to be back up before GW2 releases, I guess I'll just play some CoD while waiting.

People just find something else to do while they do their work. Yes it sux that its because they're getting ready for the free weekend thing but that's life. No matter what time it happens there will always be someone crying. Play a different game or here is an idea go out and get some fresh air spend time in the real world then come back. Grow up already. Give the game time to grow. There will be growing pains for months/years deal with it already.

:eek::rolleyes::t_wink:

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!

How hard would it be for BW to split server maintenance times...

This one change would avoid 100+ page rant wars.

I know that this downtime was inconvenient for me... 3-4am would have been fine. a little more heads up would have been nicer.

Because this has happened i think twice this week... i vote BW should compensate us with full rested bars and/or daily/weekly quest resets. :-P haha like that would happen.

Edited by knomeht

I'll be honest, I didn't read every post... I stopped at about 60 pages in due to the suicidal tendencies that were starting to creep up on me.

I'm new to the game, well I purchased it today after playing the free 7 day trial I was sent, and I have come to the conclusion that it isn't the game itself that is a failure, sure new games have bugs and stuff its expected... and emergency fixes are needed, granted a fix that seems to be of a non emergency nature could of waited but non the less its happening and its a case of put up or shut up, anyway back to my point.... It seems that by what I have read so far the community (not all of it) fails more than the game.

I can understand those who had stuff planned and its been ruined but most are just spitting their dummies out because BW have given players a 2 hour window to realise they have no life and must sit posting random **** about how they have been robbed and if they don't play their simple minds will just implode.

Yeah its annoying but **** happens, like many have said go do/play something else its not the end of the world. My car broke down last month, no warning no reasons why just died...did I sit and rant at it demanding answers? No I just went off did a few things till it was fixed. I spend money on it so I expect it to work whenever I need it but it's not always the case.

I wonder if people will still find it funny when GW2, Tera etc etc are out and all the people that feel disgusted by this game unsub. Will you still find it funny then to sit in ur barren servers? Like it or not people that nerd rage are paying customers too and you can onli push them so much. Edited by Sebah

I just wanted to say I think its BS we should have to wait while you put in a patch for people to play for free. If you wanted to do a free weekend, you should have though about that on tuesday or saved it for next tuesday. Stop pissing off the people who still actually pay for this buggy *** game. Quit thinking with your head up your ***, all that comes out is ****. :D