Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

New patch and server maintenance at peak time?

defendurname

At least one thing blizzard allways did right , if they had unexpected downtime you would get free days on your playtime.

I call BS here. As someone who played that other MMO for 5 years.. that's not the case. There were plenty of instability periods where the player base got nothing but a 'thanks for bearing with us.. now it works as intended'.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't care about losing 2 hours gametime.

I do care about losing the raid we had planned. Members free up a night for these raids.

Bioware, better communication (telling this to us in advance) would be nice. Well, it's more of a must really.

I think youre being a little bit over dramatic.

Zero communication, servers down during peak time, not the first time this has happened, clearly a patch to allow weekend free passes at the expense of EU paying customers.

Dramatic?

Having played another mmorpg for several years I have to say that, while slightly vexing, I do not miond a mere couple fo hours downtime in order to patch through changes to the game. I have had experiences in the past where the server was meant to be down for a "mere" 8 hours and it actually took the company a week to get the game back up. So far BW have done a sterling job (as far as I have experienced) in keeping to their stated downtimes. The game needs downtime to run fixes/patches/updates and this will affect some people a lot fo the time. To those who cannot raid - I send hugs, to those with high blood pressure I send calming thoughts and lavender-scented handkerchiefs, and to those with a sense of humour I send a big wet kiss x

Thank you bioware , you saved me from "another boring nightmare mode EV"

Kicking your paying customers of the server for a advertisement stunt is absolute ridiculous ..

But hey , np's , keep janking our chains and you will see where you gonna end up :)

Nice timing for us here in Europe btw , you hit that one spot on :)

Good luck with your weekend freebies :mad:

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

"This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend."

http://i.imgur.com/yE7gA.gif

the only good thing about a two hour down time is spending two hours on the forums reading about how pissed people are about a two hour down time. I feel for the EU players, but my peak time is now and I am in the States, so, yea I'm a little disheveled and uptight.

My guess is that everyone that is truly upset about the downtime is less than 14 years old, and this is possibly their first MMO.

a 2-hour hotfix? yes please! be thankful it's not 8 hours.

2 hours might as well be 24 hours if that 2 hour window comprises the bulk of your free time to play for the day. If you have 5 or 6 hours free to play then yeah maybe it's no biggie, but if you only manage 2 or 3 hours a day and they happen to shut the server down right in your play window, kinda kills it for you for the whole day. So, blowing off a little nerd-rage on the forum isn't too much IMO.

I can't believe how many people are freaking out....this is amazing ;p

very true. and i can agree with you. I wake up and log on to find a server down page. oh well go out side and play with my chickens for a bit and come back in and the game is back on. woot!

indeed this sucks a patch midday here PST Time! hope yall have a good day and get back into game soon.

Good day. I said Good Day!

actually, Bioware is a Canadian company.

But as I stated above, since the servers will be having cross server content in the very near future... EU players are not taken as seperate. They are part of ONE playerbase. Servers muct have the same version, across the board.

Thus, they patch at times that are lowest numbers OVERALL.

The fact that UE numbers are lower than NA numbers is why they patch when they do. They patch when the OVERALL numbers are lowest. To inconvenience the fewest people possible.

SEE! I told you it was Canadas fault! No one believed me.

It's ALWAYS Canada's fault. :cool:

People stop complaining, while the servers are down go spend time with your Families, imo they are the most valuable thing you have, you never know how long you or anyone esle has for that matter so value every second...

When you have a family you'd understand that you can only have a couple hours to play while said family is occupied during things that don't involve you (ie Homework, classes) and the game is down for the majority of it for no real reason it pisses people off. People talking down to that those who are legitimately effected so they can make themselves feel better?

Dear Euro-players, I have seen many, many posts about how America is getting special treatment because the servers are down while most Americans are at work while in Europe it's more prime hours. You ask why, you demand a response from the developers as to why YOUR day is being interrupted and I'm here to explain it to you as simply as I can so you'll stop making threads about how nerd-ragy you are.

The reason they did the emergency patch in the middle of the day when everyone was at work in America is because THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM WORKS IN AMERICA AND THEY ARE AT WORK.

Shocking I know that people don't want to drive to work in the middle of the night to put in an emergency patch but they didn't get the memo about you, personally, being the center of the universe. It's my day off and the patch is interrupting my fun too but I'm not throwing a fit about it. Get over your entitlement issues.

I'm heading out to see a movie and enjoy this nice spring day! Later all!

thats all well and good part from the fact u missed one important fact dude. the eu servers are not located in the us, they are located in ireland. therefore shouldnt matter when the devs are at work in the us the servers are here meaning the patch should be uplaoded here at a time conviant to the eu players not because devs think every thing is so dam important they feel the need to interfer with eu prime time for a little bug. i say little bug as with NO information wot so ever we have noidea wot the patch is even for and if it really is for the weekend free trial thing i will be dam pissed off as they interuptted prime time hours for eu so so people cant play free for the weekend seriously. thats NOT game breaking. that could have been done in the morning tomorrow. but if servers are located here our downtime should not be in our primetime. how would u feel if bioware brought the game down in ur primetime for once ud be flaming too

They are doing a good job.

But they also shafted their paying customers so they (BW) can earn more money by getting more customers.

I don't really care, but I think a lot of people are missing ^^ this point right here.

All I ever hear is the whine of "Not enough players! I cannot find a group! PvP is dead! Get more people BW! What are you going to do BW!?"

Now they try to address it and people complain.

This is entertaining.

Everyone - we apologize for the inconvenience. We do everything we can to avoid taking the servers down for maintenance outside of our regular weekly maintenance, but in some cases (like this one, unfortunately) we can't avoid it. This patch is necesary to ensure a good experience for all players during our Weekend Pass Trial weekend. We never take interrupting your playtime lightly, and this is no exception. Emergencies do happen occasionally, and we are working as quickly as we can to bring the servers back up so you can continue enjoying the game. In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any new information that becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to ensure everything goes smoothly this weekend.

So inconvenience the paying players to facilitate the free trial players?

Does that make sense to you?

So basically you could care less about the paying customers because you would rather cater to those who have not paid a dime and probably will not?

That makes a lot of sense... Not so much

2 hours might as well be 24 hours if that 2 hour window comprises the bulk of your free time to play for the day. If you have 5 or 6 hours free to play then yeah maybe it's no biggie, but if you only manage 2 or 3 hours a day and they happen to shut the server down right in your play window, kinda kills it for you for the whole day. So, blowing off a little nerd-rage on the forum isn't too much IMO.

exactly.