What should BioWare do about Torchan?

Jett-Rinn

I'm sure by now most of you have seen the article basically labeling us as the single worst MMO community ever. I personally think that the article went overboard and didn't take into account TOR's friendly and helpful in game community.

Without BioWare or TOR basing I would like to hear if you think the TORchan label is truly justified and if so what should BioWare as a company do about it if anything. I have heard a lot of people say do what they did with the OT forum and close down the General forum...but I'm not sure it will actually help.

Also this isn't the thread to voice your pet agenda ...please do that elsewhere and lets try to stay friendly and on topic.

Thanks.

The community on these particular forums is pretty poor, imho, but that is only because you can continue to access the forums if you are not subscribed (a very poor decision that needs to be modified asap).

The amount of people who unsubbed, yet still parade around here trolling, making absurd assumptions and just generally making a fool of themselves is quite large. I personally couldn't image having that much free time.

The ingame community, at least on my main server (Ajunta Pall) is actually very decent. Of course it has it's bad apples, but every game/server does.

That having been said, there are plenty of helpful individuals on AP and my other two servers (Krayt Dragon and The Maw), people willing to lend a hand, group with, or just chat to. The overall sense of community spirit is excellent, and that is rather refreshing to be entirely honest.

Edited by TheHoodedFang

People were expecting an improvement over the previous MMO, not a regression in most aspects, so yeah, community might not be the happiest around.

Doesn't really address the questions I asked...but thanks for playing I guess....

The community on these particular forums is pretty poor, imho, but that is only because you can continue to access the forums if you are not subscribed (a very poor decision that needs to be modified asap).

You can't, you haven;t been able to since Beta.

Why do people think you can? :confused:

People were expecting an improvement over the previous MMO, not a regression in most aspects, so yeah, community might not be the happiest around.

The majority of the community is quite happy. It is the attitude of the disgruntled minority that is the problem. As the "Spy Guy" comment at the end of the article says: "Most happy players don't come to the forums to balance out the angry comments with good ones because they're too busy playing."

Edited by Kthx

The ingame community, at least on my main server (Ajunta Pall) is actually very decent. Of course it has it's bad apples, but every game/server does.

That having been said, there are plenty of helpful individuals on AP and my other two servers (Krayt Dragon and The Maw), people willing to lend a hand, group with, or just chat to. The overall sense of community spirit is excellent, and that is rather refreshing to be entirely honest.

Has that been verified?? I have heard several people say that....

Edited by Jett-Rinn

You can't, you haven;t been able to since Beta.

Why do people think you can? :confused:

Funny, my sub lapsed last month for two days and I was able to access the forums fine during the 48 hours that I was unsubscribed.

Have you actually confirmed that you cannot? Or are you replying completely on third party statements and observations?

Edited by TheHoodedFang

some can some can't, don't know the cause. Last month I had a couple days lapse where I was ubsubbed between paychecks where I couldn't log into the game but could log in the forums on this pc.

On the laptop in my living room though I couldn't.

/shrug

Probably related somehow that every other time I use the coummunity-forums link at the top I get the down for maintenance page.

Funny, my sub lapsed last month for two days and I was able to access the forums fine during the 48 hours that I was unsubscribed.

Have you actually confirmed that you cannot? Or are you replying completely on third party statements and observations?

Only if Bioware was lying when they said they changed it, and I've no idea why they'd do that.

If you're out of game time you shouldn't be able to post.

I was unsubbed last month for 48 hours while I waited on payday, and was able to access these forums exactly the same as when my sub was active.

I suppose it's possibly a bug that only effects certain individuals, I'm curious to see what others have to say now that there appear to be conflicting statements.

I was unsubbed last month for 48 hours while I waited on payday, and was able to access these forums exactly the same as when my sub was active.

I suppose it's possibly a bug that only effects certain individuals, I'm curious to see what others have to say now that there appear to be conflicting statements.

It could be a cookie issue, like the pre-order one.

Only if Bioware was lying when they said they changed it, and I've no idea why they'd do that.

If you're out of game time you shouldn't be able to post.

Interesting, and I agree that you should not be able to.

Maybe someone has a friend they know who is unsubbed and can test it out? Then respond here accordingly, so we can determine whether it was legitimately changed and also that some users may be bugged and able to continue posting.

All my friends are still subbed, and have been since early access, so I personally have nobody else to ask in order to yay or nay on the subject.

The article was a tad much. At points, Some places had really bad FPS issues in the game and people voiced their displeasure. They broke PvP in Ilum for a time, that angered folks in the forums. Some people actually voiced real and thoughtful threads but it usually got drowned in 'ur an idiot' comments.

mainly it's "omg..this game is amazing...so I'm gonna play." Then why bother going on forums right?

To the disgruntled people though that feel like they have been cheated, they feel like they must troll, get mad, or talk down upon people every moment they are awake on the forums because they need to get their anger out towards the game somehow.

Now...they can't do that on the game because people all tell them to shutup and g t f o if they don't like it. They already know in their heads that the forums for SWTOR are the biggest bashers of the game ever and all the other people who feel disgruntled go here. Hence why..majority of bashers, people who hate the game are on the forums....

There are very few of us who defend the game on the forums and ACTUALLY talk and give constructive criticism without bashing. I know..it's hard to do, especially when you are holding a grudge against something because you thought it was going to be the next coming of mmos, but you have to do it. Control yourself. Be free, set yourself free. Don't be so mad :)