Highest burst class?

Azesino

lol @ assassins

highest single target burst = lethality snipers or pt pyros

highest aoe burst = rage juggs

imo the best pvp class out of those 3 would be the pt pyro.

Edited by Evuke

Pyro Powertechs and Marksman Snipers are the most upfront burst within the shortest of windows, followed by a Concealment Operative. Deception Assassins, Rage Juggernauts, and Lethality Snipers can have powerful delayed (setup) burst. Edited by Ayestes

Scrappers, are the highest opening burst class in the game. The trade off is once you achieve your maximum potential your out of energy, so if your target is still alive, you have no energy, and will be energy starved for quite some time unless your Energy Booster(cool head) is not on Cool down.

Overall your good for about 6(8 if your energy regen pugnacity is up) attacks at above average damage, while going through your opening rotation, after that its flurry of bolts(700 damage on crit) is your only choice as you will be energy starved.

We lack back end damaging abilities, and our pve rotation is one of the hardest on boss fights. All but a very few of scrappers abilities are instant casts, with 6 to 8 second cooldowns. The class is designed around burst, but is extremely challenging to master a good roatation in long fights as we have many aspects to manage in prolonged fights.

Wow. More clueless people jumping on the Pyro bandwagon. Pyro is a sustained DPS class, kids...not burst. You've obviously never had your *** kicked by a Smuggler/Operative, who even after the nerf, do more up front damage than any other class.

Smug/Op opener = 1/2 your HP gone, at least

Pyro opener = 1/4, if you're undergeared

It's kind of sad, really. WoW has made so many of you stupid and you don't even realize it.

Wow. More clueless people jumping on the Pyro bandwagon. Pyro is a sustained DPS class, kids...not burst. You've obviously never had your *** kicked by a Smuggler/Operative, who even after the nerf, do more up front damage than any other class.

It's kind of sad, really. WoW has made so many of you stupid and you don't even realize it.

Perhaps you are playing your Pyro terribly wrong....

Scratch that. Not Perhaps, you are.

Edited by exphryl

The highest burst I've seen after the surge nerf was 6.9k, repeatedly coming from Rage Juggs (Focus Guardian, AFAIR). I've rarely noticed snipers doing anything above 5k, and my own record with Scrapper is 5.2k on an ungeared target so far. Gunnery Commandos (the best of them) achieved up to 5.5k hits on my server.

Though abusing in-combat stealth and immediately repeating the opener gives Scoundrels/Operatives a chance to score 5k (or, well, average full-geared is 4k) twice, it's still worse than Rage Juggs (who, in addition, strike multiple targets around them, not just one).

Edited by JackBurden

Scratch that. Not Perhaps, you are.

I've watched your self-serving videos. They don't impress me. It's safe to say that if you weren't receiving heals most of the time, you'd be getting rolled. Don't act like you're the be-all end-all of Pyrotechs...

...because you ain't.

PT pyro is the highest instant burst, quite easily.

Jugg have the highest aoe burst, easily.

Ops/Snipers have the highest consistent burst and easiest to apply out of stealth or at range, but, also, ops lose that out of stealth, and snipers can be easily ignored by pillar use/mobility.

But I'd say annihil marauders have the best burst because it doesn't stop as long as they're on their target it actually ramps up.

Also, TM mercs have a very easy to apply burst, albeit a bit lower, but, also quite consistent and they can keep going almost like a marauder, while having better mobility than a sniper.

Edited by fungihoujo

Pyro openers isn't what does the huge damage- it's the 4.5k rail shot, 2.5k rocket punch, then 4.5k rail shot with a thermal going off around that time for another 5k that leads to about 15k damage not including dots within 3-5 seconds.

PT pyro is the highest instant burst, quite easily.

Jugg have the highest aoe burst, easily.

Ops/Snipers have the highest consistent burst and easiest to apply out of stealth or at range, but, also, ops lose that out of stealth, and snipers can be easily ignored by pillar use/mobility.

But I'd say annihil marauders have the best burst because it doesn't stop as long as they're on their target it actually ramps up.

Also, TM mercs have a very easy to apply burst, albeit a bit lower, but, also quite consistent and they can keep going almost like a marauder, while having better mobility than a sniper.

Uh, Anni Mara is sustained damage, not burst. They require high amounts of uptime.

Good on demand Burst would be Ragernauts, or Conc. Operatives, or Marks. Snipers, and Kinetic Shadows(kind of).

Good burst based off procs would be PTs.

That answers the question of the OP to a degree, but it does nothing, because it doesn't go into detail how they achieve the burst and the setups required.

I have 17k health. 1/4 of my HP would be 4250. I can do that in one Rail Shot. Most classes can do this in one ability.

A full Pyro build using TD (I don't use this, personally) can do twice that damage in a single GCD (timing TD to go off when Rail Shot hits) if they both crit w/ buffs up, along w/ CGC ticks.

So you're looking at around 8-9k damage in just average gear for MOST players. That's half of most peoples' health.

I'm not going to comment on just how silly you look being so very, very incorrect while calling other players stupid.

Just a note to the poster above me: PT's initial burst does not rely on procs at all, and Explosive Fuel makes it very likely that abilities will crit for 15 seconds.

Edited by Varicite

Pyro openers isn't what does the huge damage- it's the 4.5k rail shot, 2.5k rocket punch, then 4.5k rail shot with a thermal going off around that time for another 5k that leads to about 15k damage not including dots within 3-5 seconds.

in what world does TD crit for more than rail shot? my TDs crit on maras for about 20% less than my railshots. this is why TD is one of the worst 31 pt talents in the game considering it shares a CD with explosive dart which does more damage against 2-3 opponents.

Edited by Ryotknife

I've watched your self-serving videos. They don't impress me. It's safe to say that if you weren't receiving heals most of the time, you'd be getting rolled. Don't act like you're the be-all end-all of Pyrotechs...

...because you ain't.

Soooooooo

What you are saying is you aren't disagreeing with my comment you are bad at your class?

Appreciate the clarification.

...because you ain't.

So you decided to attack him personally because he happens to be right on this issue?

No matter how you cut it, Pyro is a burst-dps class when it comes to PvP. You can play it as sustained damage all you like, but you simply cannot deny that when burst is needed, it's there.

Well, maybe not for you, if your "burst" is really ~4k, lol. And if it is, he's still right, you're doing something terribly wrong...

Edited by Varicite

So you decided to attack him personally because he happens to be right on this issue?

No matter how you cut it, Pyro is a burst-dps class when it comes to PvP. You can play it as sustained damage all you like, but you simply cannot deny that when burst is needed, it's there.

Well, maybe not for you, if your "burst" is really ~4k, lol.

not really since it is dependent on procs and pyro can easily overheat with slightly bad luck even with a sustained dps mindset....

even on the "initial burst" that was listed, if your vent heat is on CD you just screwed yourself for the next 5-8 seconds.

Edited by Ryotknife

not really since it is dependent on procs and pyro can easily overheat with slightly bad luck even with a sustained dps mindset....

even on the "initial burst" that was listed, if your vent heat is on CD you just screwed yourself for the next 5-8 seconds.

You do not have to use Vent Heat every 3 moves as a Pyro PT, I'm not really sure where you got that idea. Even using IM in that initial burst instead of Flame Burst, you should not have an issue unless you are just spamming Flame Burst afterward.

Pyro PT has one of the fastest bursts (requiring very little setup) of any AC in the game, and it isn't dependent on procs. It's only dependent on procs to have high SUSTAINED damage, the burst is very timed and planned.

Or at least, it should be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.