Advanced Prototype is a joke right?

oceansofmars

So it would be like an AoE Force Choke basically.

That sounds terribly OP from a group PvP standpoint.

How about a 3 person limit? that way a BH can tag at least 1 person, up to 3 and then any morons dumb enough to walk in front? It would be a good skill, worth the temporary loss of mobility and well-complemented by Hydraulic Overrides by making an AP immune to KB/Stuns while casting FT. I would know. I use PF as it is, love it. BUt everyone keeps crying about it sooo.... make it, as you said, an area-forcechoke.

Edited by BlazingShadow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love this tree. It feels good and I do great damage.

It feels good (great utility and no heat issues) but doesn't touch pyrotech for damage. I really wish advanced prototype was a viable Op or Pvp spec but really your just gimping your self :/

They should make flamethrower castable while moving or make it so we could stack alacrity to dump our FT damage over a much shorter time, therefore increasing the dmg and making the spec useful/interesting

It feels good (great utility and no heat issues) but doesn't touch pyrotech for damage. I really wish advanced prototype was a viable Op or Pvp spec but really your just gimping your self :/

They should make flamethrower castable while moving or make it so we could stack alacrity to dump our FT damage over a much shorter time, therefore increasing the dmg and making the spec useful/interesting

As I believed, the problem wasn't AP - it was PyroTech. PPA on the 1.2 patched PTS now has a 6 second internal cooldown, toning down PyroTech's damage significantly (less PPA procs means less Rail Shot damage but also more Heat management issues, further limiting DPS).

AP's Retractable Blade got two buffs - Charged Gauntlets can proc off the bleed DoT and Kolto Vents is now a 30% slow upon RB application. Now you don't need to blow a stun to do a 5 stacked Flamethrower on an enemy and you get some more Rail Shot crits.

I expect people to still claim PyroTech will be vastly superior and AP the "idiot spec," but it was just nice to have the patch notes confirm for me that it was just the vocal majority who felt this way and not the actuality of the game mechanics.

Of course things are subject to change but it seems like these patch notes are final unless issues prop up during the next two to three weeks of testing.

As I believed, the problem wasn't AP - it was PyroTech. PPA on the 1.2 patched PTS now has a 6 second internal cooldown, toning down PyroTech's damage significantly (less PPA procs means less Rail Shot damage but also more Heat management issues, further limiting DPS).

AP's Retractable Blade got two buffs - Charged Gauntlets can proc off the bleed DoT and Kolto Vents is now a 30% slow upon RB application. Now you don't need to blow a stun to do a 5 stacked Flamethrower on an enemy and you get some more Rail Shot crits.

I expect people to still claim PyroTech will be vastly superior and AP the "idiot spec," but it was just nice to have the patch notes confirm for me that it was just the vocal majority who felt this way and not the actuality of the game mechanics.

Of course things are subject to change but it seems like these patch notes are final unless issues prop up during the next two to three weeks of testing.

Yea, you're right, the AP tree was fine all along, and we were all blind.......ooops GOTCHA....sorry. It is still bad. And Pyro will still be way ahead.

I dont see much of a nerf to pyro. At worst, it will be a wash when considering the times RS does not proc at all. Sorry my friend, I know you want to prove everyone wrong, but still hardly anyone will touch deep AP even after 1.2

There is was a nerf but it only affects the hybrid st/pyro. Well it is not really a nerf, just completely destroys it lol

Edited by Agooz

You are crazy. All they did was make it so that Rail Shot procs were more reliable, so Pyros can pretty much count on venting 8 heat every 6 seconds.

That's WAY better than all those times that it wouldn't proc at all.

Also, 30% isn't that much; they can still hobble out of the way and avoid probably half of the ticks of FT, and don't forget that RB is 4m compared to Flame Burst's 10m.

Pyro remains pretty much exactly the same, while AP received some questional buffs. The snare is helpful, but it still doesn't fix a lot of the core issues laid out in this thread, which you seem to be blissfully ignoring. I really hope these bandaids don't mean that AP won't be receiving the rebalance it sorely deserves.

It's okay to like AP and still be able to admit its shortcomings.

Edited by Varicite

You are crazy. All they did was make it so that Rail Shot procs were more reliable, so Pyros can pretty much count on venting 8 heat every 6 seconds.

That's WAY better than all those times that it wouldn't proc at all.

Also, 30% isn't that much; they can still hobble out of the way and avoid probably half of the ticks of FT, and don't forget that RB is 4m compared to Flame Burst's 10m.

Pyro remains pretty much exactly the same, while AP received some questional buffs. The snare is helpful, but it still doesn't fix a lot of the core issues laid out in this thread, which you seem to be blissfully ignoring. I really hope these bandaids don't mean that AP won't be receiving the rebalance it sorely deserves.

It's okay to like AP and still be able to admit its shortcomings.

Bro. the snare alone is gonna fix 50% of my problems. LOSing will be a thing of the past.

The upgrade to charge gauntlets... will make it more reliable... but honestly AP's railshot doesnt hit very hard at all, so... meh.

A snare for the pvp and more crit chanse on a ability who is meh in the tree. This give a little better pvp but in no way fix the Pve for powertec AP. If you raid and dont go pyro you do less dmg and theirfor are less usefull for your raid.

What they need to do to make the tree viable for rading is purly give it more dmg, as it is now the mobile/ranged spec do more dmg than the mele/close up spec. To have it playout good the mele spec need better dps than the ranged as it demand you to be on target for dps. If the boss do a knockback or whatever and prevent close up dps the more ranged of the specc keep dps while other need to stay away.

Untill they buff AP to do MORE dmg than pyro the spec is unviable for pve. Noone would bring a sub rogue in WOW to progress rading just cause it would be more fun for him. You told him to spec mutilate or combat ofc. Why? Cause hes role was to do dps and then he need to optimice hes preformane.

AP is totally gear dependent you need to stack power and aim to bring it up to par this coupled with the auto heat venting allows it to put out sick numbers with little work to control heat, grated adv flame throw needs to be fixed having it also effect flame sweeps damage by 15-20% would make it a better talent.

AP is totally gear dependent you need to stack power and aim to bring it up to par this coupled with the auto heat venting allows it to put out sick numbers with little work to control heat, grated adv flame throw needs to be fixed having it also effect flame sweeps damage by 15-20% would make it a better talent.

it would make it better but wouldn't fix the damage for raiding.

it would make it better but wouldn't fix the damage for raiding.

Combat logs will be out soon. It's a shame that they won't be out until after the changes go through.

I'd be interested to see the REAL numbers on AP vs Pyro currently in PvE. None of these spreadsheet theories, but actual testing.

At least in the future, it will be very easy to debunk all of the theories we keep tossing back and forth w/ hard data.

I personally do VERY well Advanced Prototype. Can i do as much damage as a GOOD player on pyro? of course not but there is more to pvp then doing damage. I suggested they added a snare with retractable blade and they did just that. The snare is going to help out the tree tremedously.

As pvp YES!

I played AP while pve-lvl (1-45) and with Mako it was nice, got the balance in heat and keept myself up and running, then when starting playing pvp i got so frustraded cause it was a joke! Then went C Parkeet wich was ok, but after trying Hybrid Pyro i was sold and started to after some training placing myself top 3 with 8-10 medals every match.

Ok i feel abit squzzie som times but if u learn to play that style and realize that your not a tank it´s both fun and elite in all ways. Have tryed duell some as well to see how my skills go when not focus is to win or some sniper desids to interupt i relly felt hard as rock;)

I love BH PT it´s fun and sometimes i almost feel sorry for my opponents, thinking they got a shot in one vs one in pvp!

Question is if i need to respecc totally cause the heat problems or if i can keep on when 1.2 hits?

What good is dps spec with no burst, a mara dumps all over this spec tree for both burst and sustain. If flame thrower has auto crit set up like a shadows harnessed shadows with force potency it would still stink due to the nature of the skill. Not to mention the cylinder itself that goes with spec is poor and incredibly unimaginative.

AP - (played well) gets me to the top of ALL the PvP leaderbords I play....

I am sorry I suspect, most peeps have been playing all wrong.

You have to balance melee combat with the 10m flame bust spam and Protection dart, Sonic....

OOps I forgot to mention I pvp with pve gear - LOL

Sure 1v1 against a well spc'd player you will go down, but you can last even in PvE gear.

AP - will not be nurfed...

AP - is **** hot when guarded / healbotted with.

AP - (played well) gets me to the top of ALL the PvP leaderbords I play....

I am sorry I suspect, most peeps have been playing all wrong.

You have to balance melee combat with the 10m flame bust spam and Protection dart, Sonic....

OOps I forgot to mention I pvp with pve gear - LOL

Sure 1v1 against a well spc'd player you will go down, but you can last even in PvE gear.

AP - will not be nurfed...

AP - is **** hot when guarded / healbotted with.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you think that when we said that the other trees were better, it was because we WEREN'T at the top of the chart as AP? Because that's not the case.

And it still doesn't change its shortcomings currently. In 1.2, however, it may be closer.

But you PvP w/ PvE gear, so I think most people can take your experiences w/ a grain of salt, as you are not a serious PvPer. This discussion was never about topping some silly leaderboards that nobody actually cares about.

Edited by Varicite