Arsenal tracer missile Nerf in 1.2

Klast

Now by now i think enough people have seen the news on tracer missile and the arsenal tree being redone, and whether or not thats a nerf its up to you

What makes me very annoyed is when you change the entire playstyle of a class or tree.

ARSENAL MERCS ARE HIGHLY IMMOBILE. with that being said we have 0 escapes unlike all of the other classes. we are very similar to eleshams barring the WoW references thats why i picked this class to have the ability to take damage and cast death, "spamming" 3 tracers in a fight is fine cause its does decent damage but is very easy to interupt. If i have no force speed moves or 99% damage reducs like mara's why cant i sit there and stack my +10% defense buff and kill something before it kills me??????

And really if i wanted to play a more mobile run and gun spec id play pyrotech its damage is already on par in PvP or better do to not getting interuppted and more mobilty. his change to the aresenal tree pretty much sounds like its going to be a mirror of pyrotech whats wrong with having one casting tree and one more mobile tree. nothing.

this is biowares way of avoiding saying they were wrong and shoulda changed the animation for tracer missile like the 1000 threads in BETA were calling for.... look at how many people ***** about grav round hardly any, yet its always tracer missile.

Edited by Klast

Wow, is anybody still playing arsenal?

Tracer isn't bad, but it's highly visible and there are too many loltards getting squashed by people sitting in one place and spamming one ability. It was bound to happen.

On the other hand I hope they leave pyro alone, since there are no rockets shot from asses in that tree and no combat logs to analyse and see what killed you.

I hope they doesnt nerf tracer missile so much so Mercs will be useless in pve. I dont mind they change some things so you have to go for another rotation and that makes all Mercs go Pyro in pvp, but for pve you still got to go arsenal which for now is very dependent on tracer missile...

Is it really a nerf to the class if they change it so that other abilities become an important part of a rotation.

Yes Tracer missle is getting changed, not all changes are nerfs to a class. If you think spamming one attack over and over and over is equal to peak peformance of a class then your sadly mistaken.

in raid, pyro sits and as many arsenals as you can fit while still getting all the class buffs is pro

Heat signature stacked 20 times for 4 arsenals and the whole raid is win

pvp is secondary in this game, it is a pve game.

are you pyro? if you are pyro pvp then you fail, healer hybrid is teh win if you want to be pvp, survivability through the roof.

I spec'd arsenal for the first time last night (I'm usually healing), because our ops group couldn't get going without another dps.

all i can say is - PLEASE bring on 1.2 TM "nerf".. from what I can tell, the devs want to make it so that you aren't just spamming TM ad nauseam.

tm, tm, tm, unload, heatseeker, tm, tm, rail -> repeat..

for pve, that's about as boring as it gets. I was able to juggle cooldowns and weave in fusion missiles and crap without a problem.

so BORING..

They can't nerf the whole dps as the spec has to be viable. We have barely no utility and all we can do is DPS by being highly vunerable to melee pressure. To me , if they change something, it will be good (at least if you can adapt to a supposedly more complex rotation) . We have nothing to loose, exept a boring gameplay.

I just hope It won't impact too negatively healing/gunnery hybrid specs which are to me the most fun spec of this class and which won't probably be able to use "compensation" talents/skills for the grav round nerf.

They maybe increasing our DPS.

As long as the new rotation does the same amount of damage (or greater) in the same amount of time, I'll be fine with that. I agree that stacking tracer is boring, so they should give us something more interesting, but not at the cost of DPS.

If I wanted pve, I'd go play wow. Where would you have a pvp mmo player go to play a pvp mmo?

if you are playing this game for pvp, your expectations are pretty low tbh

where would i go for pure pvp? either EVE or Darkfall

Edited by Yazule

If I wanted pve, I'd go play wow. Where would you have a pvp mmo player go to play a pvp mmo?

Call of Duty. Battlefield 3. Fire up that ole console and load up some Halo.

This isn't a PvP MMO. It's a MMORPG that has a minor PvP element. If you're here for JUST PvP you're going to be sorely disapointed.

Tracer isn't bad, but it's highly visible and there are too many loltards getting squashed by people sitting in one place and spamming one ability. It was bound to happen.

On the other hand I hope they leave pyro alone, since there are no rockets shot from asses in that tree and no combat logs to analyse and see what killed you.

I am still playing arsenal . i have played a healer spec for a bit but that was before i hit 50. but i havent played pyro yet. i imagine that a pyro is like a lock in WoW

Call of Duty. Battlefield 3. Fire up that ole console and load up some Halo.

This isn't a PvP MMO. It's a MMORPG that has a minor PvP element. If you're here for JUST PvP you're going to be sorely disapointed.

he did specify mmo pvp :)

fyi Planetside2 is going to beta, a fpsmmo .. they failed on the first attempt but it was close to "something"

Darkfall = full looting and world pvp with concequences (losing or gaining castles/towns/gear)

EVE = probably the most sustained 100% player generated content ever (and thanks in no small part to UO which defined that kind of genre)

Guildwars2 = coming soon, looks interesting but little faith after guildwars

its going to be funny, when after this rebuild, arsenal mercs bust faces even harder than before by taking us slightly out of turret mode, cant wait...youll all scream for more nerfs

This is what I've been saying all along. If you weaken grav round/tracer missiles You have to make the abilities that it leads up too much better. This is going to make the good gunnery /arsenal players even better.

As long as there is bad/lazy players in MMO's who complain that they can't win there will be nerfs

I hope they make us better.... I rarely use tm as it is & any merc who just spams tm will end up dead faster than they can cast tm ... But we,need to b more effective... As it is our only defense/survivability is laying down alot of dmg fast.... 1v1 pvp we r worthless... We need to b balanced.... Edited by Ashivauto

It doesn't sound like they're trying to actively nerf Arsenal as much as they are trying to get you to press more buttons when playing as Arsenal. That will mean "nerfing" Tracer Missile if you are looking at things in a vacuum, but it also means something else in that tree not related to Tracer Missile spam is going to get buffed to compensate. All told, that is really a buff for Arsenal because it will reduce the effectiveness of interrupting Tracer Missile against Arsenal BHs in PvP.

in raid, pyro sits and as many arsenals as you can fit while still getting all the class buffs is pro

pvp is secondary in this game, it is a pve game.

are you pyro? if you are pyro pvp then you fail, healer hybrid is teh win if you want to be pvp, survivability through the roof.

Are you intentionally gloating about two issues that need to be addressed on purpose?

Heat Signature stacking more than 5 times per mob is obviously not working as intended, and the hilariousness of healers spamming Grav/Tracer and achieving 2.5-3k crits while being nearly unkillable is clearly something that needs to be looked at (hybrid specs being too good in general).

Nerfing tracer will mean most mercs will re-roll to sorc (just imagine how much more it will pwn with merc being nerfed), which is a pretty safe bet since 75% of the playerbase plays a sorc/sage and BW will never risk losing subscribers by nerfing them. So either roll a sorc or quit the game.

this is biowares way of avoiding saying they were wrong and shoulda changed the animation for tracer missile like the 1000 threads in BETA were calling for.... look at how many people ***** about grav round hardly any, yet its always tracer missile.

So true ... I wonder how the people that ***** about Tracer just don't get this in their tiny heads.

Stacking Arsenal Mercs on purpose ... some of us don't want to exploit (even if it's not punishable) and actually don't need to. :p

nah, i've played hybrid up until a few days ago. never went full arsenal since it felt retarded enough with just tracer missile. i'd say you're wrong about survivability, the only great thing about the hybrid spec and pvp gear is the low cooldown on the jet escape, but if you get focused you go down just as easy, and i felt i wasn't all that useful.

100k damage and 100k healing out of a hybrid spec, or 300-400k damage out of a pyro spec, it's a big difference. the other thing of course is the fun factor. it wasnt much fun going around farting missiles and healing people who die anyway. protecting the ball carrier was about the only "fun" thing you do, with all the jet escapes and heals.

pyro is a lot more interesting to play, and while it misses a lot of the "survivability" talents that you get as a hybrid, you actually have a lot better survivability by playing differently. i die a lot less and do a lot more damage, and i can heal myself when needed.