Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vehicles on the fleet: out of hand!

RamathRS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't help against those who stand around there just to show off, probably even afk.

True, but would you rather they ban mounts from the fleet all together? That place is big and I'm not walking all over it. I'm only bothered by them when they obscure the mailbox or a GTN terminal. If they want to stand around in other areas and show off like an idiot, let them. I seriously doubt they add to the lag like everyone claims they do.

People are just simply rude when sitting in a mount on top if a mailbox. It's not Bioware's fault. I wouldn't like them to remove the mounts from the fleet though.

I guess its one of the things you have to put up with. I don't think it's such a big deal.

You should be glad there's no collision detection :D

How about an option, like ignore, so you can place a player on Invisible mode?

Honestly, any "boat" owner who does not have the common sense and courtesy to know they are blocking terminals for other players, I'd prefer to remove from MY game.

Maybe add a social nameplate option to modify how player mounts appear in game.

Edited by ShadowAxx

How about an option, like ignore, so you can place a player on Invisible mode?

Honestly, any "boat" owner who does not have the common sense and courtesy to know they are blocking terminals for other players, I'd prefer to remove from MY game.

Maybe add a social nameplate option to modify how player mounts appear in game.

It's not common sense...in many cases it's a grief tactic according to the devs that's impossible but that is proven wrong every day on my server.

Simple fix to this(I didn't read the entire thread)

Only allow the upright scooter vehicles in these areas.

Sounds pretty easy, but prolly too hard to implement.

Cause you need the speed boost at fleet, lots of chores to do, so removing the speed boost

entirely isn't gonna happen.

Edited by Blondesolid

It's not common sense...in many cases it's a grief tactic according to the devs that's impossible but that is proven wrong every day on my server.

Grief tactic... exactly, and even more reason to be able to filter the boat people from my instance.

Bioware releases small speeders.

People cry that they aren't star wars, "we want real speeders"

Bioware: They are too big, and will cause issues in smaller spaces

People: WE DON'T CARE, WE WANTZ THEM, THEY ARE THE PRECIOUS!

Bioware: Fine, here you go.

People: These large speeders are getting in the way on the fleet, this is ridiculous, you suck Bioware, fix it!

Oh Good Grief /facedesk

Simple fix to this(I didn't read the entire thread)

Only allow the upright scooter vehicles in these areas.

Sounds pretty easy, but prolly too hard to implement.

Cause you need the speed boost at fleet, lots of chores to do, so removing the speed boost

entirely isn't gonna happen.

I like this suggestion, with the addition that said speeders would be granted (rented) for a small fee when you visit a special merchant on the fleet. It's a win-win for the developers: we're happy because we can get around the fleet easier without griefers in their land yachts, and the developers get a nice little credit sink to gobble up extra money.

Edited by Dezzi

This is getting ridiculous! BioWare needs to ban large vehicles on the fleet. They are WAY too big for such a crowded area.

As more and more people get their hands on one, they seem feel the desire to show it off by sitting AFK right in the middle of the heavies traffic. It is extremely rude.

It is getting harder and harder to target the mailbox, the locker, the GTN with all of these attention-deprived logging the screen!

I understand that a faster travel is nice to have on the fleet, but the use of these huge vehicles is flat out obnoxious.

Wont mater in 1.2 why because you will have mail, GTN and a repair vendor all on your ship then the mount grievers can QQ cuz they can grief any more

Wont mater in 1.2 why because you will have mail, GTN and a repair vendor all on your ship then the mount grievers can QQ cuz they can grief any more

I'll still be using the gtn on the fleet until the majority of the populus has the gtn on their ship. The one you can unlock for your ship is a black market gtn (last I checked) which is linked to nar shaddaa

I don't know if banning is warrented, maybe Bioware could have mount timers while on the Station. If someoen is AFK on a mount after a certain period of time, they automatiacly dismount.

Beyoind that, I'm not sure if there is anything Bioware can do. Except for maybe make things like mailboxes unable to be covered by a mount.

Edited by Rodane

I don't know if banning is warrented, maybe Blizz could have mount timers while on the Station. If someoen is AFK on a mount after a certain period of time, they automatiacly dismount.

Beyoind that, I'm not sure if there is anything Blizz can do. Except for maybe make things like mailboxes unable to be covered by a mount.

Party Foul

I don't know if banning is warrented, maybe Blizz could have mount timers while on the Station. If someoen is AFK on a mount after a certain period of time, they automatiacly dismount.

Beyoind that, I'm not sure if there is anything Blizz can do. Except for maybe make things like mailboxes unable to be covered by a mount.

My Jawa is a mix of Armormech and Armstech, but I mostly use him to gather materials and craft weapons, since my toon does not have Armormech, so I am not really sure what he can do about speeders.

OH!!! you meant BIOWARE!! Not Blizz the Jawa. I know Blizz is the MAN, but even he can not fix/change an issue with programming. Unless there is a conversation that unlocks his MMO programming skills.

(wait... were you trying to say Blizzard? Nah, you could not be that mistaken.)

Why not make so that when you enter the room where the GTN is you dismount? You cant mount up in that room. Make it so in all the rooms. You can only mount up on the "Road" on Fleet.

Just have to move the mail box in to a room.

• 3 years later...

/necro

All the vehicles are still a problem. Instead of banning them, how about giving me an option in my graphics/preferences to not see other vehicles. The animals and vehicles have only gotten larger as time goes on. It is more for my horrible processor to take in, let alone not being able to see the mailbox without contorting my views to weird angles. Honestly, I don't want to see your vehicle/mount in a planet anymore than I do on the fleet.

<sigh> I've been saying we had to do something for four years now -- even sent in a suggestion --

it was always out of hand -- and now even worse -- but I stay away from the fleets now. so I don't even notice it ---

they could do like EQ2 used to do -- when you zone to an indoor zone, all mounts disappear -- that worked really well, till they did away with it ( really was neat, should've left it alone )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.