Post your biggest SMASH! (post-nerf)

Nikkiree

shift 7, alt 7, what the **** is with your hands man?

Doesnt surprise me.

I use:

1-10 on the first row.

alt + 1-10 for the 10 on the second row

ctrl + 1-10 for the 10 on the left

shift + 1-10 for the 10 on the right.

I have abilities mapped to every single slot, save some on the right. I can conciously use each and every ability on demand. How?

Razer naga. It has 10 buttons on the thumb. Even better, I have a logitech G13 and have custom mapped WSAD plus alt, ctrl and shift to buttons so I can actively move my character while pressing ctrl, alt and shift + number combinations without performing finger gymnastics.

Naga is the key. I have 1-12 mapped with many alt and ctrl maps to those too along with left hand KB keys.

In fact the Naga's button layout makes the higher number keys easier to use (if not reversed) so I actually have my most used powers on 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12 (actually 0,-,= keys) so in a screen shot you would see constant use of 7890-=, alt(7890-=+), ctrl(0-=) and qezxcvbfgt with middle mouse button(with some alt combos with those too) which by the comments from players here so far would pretty much blow their minds.

I don't bother with too many custom macro or mapping setups as I like things to be uniform across characters and games for the most part.

Yet on a naga you barely move your fingers for all those buttons.

Edited by Tamanous

Awww, no one higher than 6816?!? :)

Yes I have big hands.

Nothing bound to Alt+7.

I always bind mount and long cast skils to 7 (ex. fly and aether hold in Aion)

No naga needed....learn 2 use xmousebuttoncontrol

Edited by Nikkiree

well as ive not play rage on the sith side i say this ... since you are discussing smash i take the counterpart to carnage .... my record with forcescream (this is with bloodthirst and the stim popped tho) is 9319 during a raid so was fully buffed tho but well you did ask for highest crit

Awww, no one higher than 6816?!? :)

Yes I have big hands.

Nothing bound to Alt+7.

I always bind mount and long cast skils to 7 (ex. fly and aether hold in Aion)

No naga needed....learn 2 use xmousebuttoncontrol

im pretty jealous, ive hit 6500 a bunch of times but i can never get over that hump, i guess i just need pve gear

im pretty jealous, ive hit 6500 a bunch of times but i can never get over that hump, i guess i just need pve gear

Yes you do...get 1 piece of columi or rakata

2 biochem implants w/augment slot

1 columi earpiece w/augment slot

and you'll get it! ;)

Also, now with 1.2 decimate buff (+30% to smash)...8k+ will be in the near future! :)

Edit: maybe I'll have to start a "Post your biggest SMASH (post-1.2)" thread

Edited by Nikkiree

Yes you do...get 1 piece of columi or rakata

2 biochem implants w/augment slot

1 columi earpiece w/augment slot

and you'll get it! ;)

Also, now with 1.2 decimate buff (+30% to smash)...8k+ will be in the near future! :)

Edit: maybe I'll have to start a "Post your biggest SMASH (post-1.2)" thread

i have 4/5 bm and rakata boots, what im missing are the implants and earpiece with augment slots, i started doing ops after my guild had already cleared nightmare modes so i didnt have first dibs on a lot of the stuff i wanted.

Come 1.2 that will change since i have more seniority then i used to (I was just some hardcore pvper who decided he wanted to join the best PVE guild on the server) so if theres BoE implants in the next tier i'll probably get them before i mastercraft some columi lol

Btw im super psyched about these marauder changes, since I already know rage is the best pvp tree as is for team play. The best **** on earth just got better!

Anni heals just dont compare to constant AoE spams from beserk/vicious slash and well positioned smashes.

i have 4/5 bm and rakata boots, what im missing are the implants and earpiece with augment slots, i started doing ops after my guild had already cleared nightmare modes so i didnt have first dibs on a lot of the stuff i wanted.

Come 1.2 that will change since i have more seniority then i used to (I was just some hardcore pvper who decided he wanted to join the best PVE guild on the server) so if theres BoE implants in the next tier i'll probably get them before i mastercraft some columi lol

Btw im super psyched about these marauder changes, since I already know rage is the best pvp tree as is for team play. The best **** on earth just got better!

Anni heals just dont compare to constant AoE spams from beserk/vicious slash and well positioned smashes.

Also, note, come 1.2, at least for PvP, might be best to go back to all PvP gear because of the below note from the 1.2 patch notes:

The diminishing return formula for several stats (including expertise) has been adjusted.

I'm still taking all of the marauder gear first, snarfy.

Also, note, come 1.2, at least for PvP, might be best to go back to all PvP gear because of the below note from the 1.2 patch notes:

The diminishing return formula for several stats (including expertise) has been adjusted.

I doubt it was adjusted to increase the total amount of expertise reduction, I'm sure it will stay the same, piece to piece. Its just that you get more expertise now, so they had to change the cap, or you'd need way less pieces to hit it, making you wear more pve gear.

Edited by Nessirin

I doubt it was adjusted to increase the total amount of expertise reduction, I'm sure it will stay the same, piece to piece. Its just that you get more expertise now, so they had to change the cap, or you'd need way less pieces to hit it, making you wear more pve gear.

I agree, and this mildly upsets me. I don't have the time alotment to raid regularly, so PvP is my only option, really. It's kind of stupid to make PvP players acquire raid gear against their will.

But hey, what are you gonna do? We just gotta sit back and take whatever they give us.

I'm still taking all of the marauder gear first, snarfy.

After finding the info below and running some quick #s, it looks like full PvP gear/stacking expertise will be the way to go. I don't have the forumua yet, but it looks like ~1800 expertise will be where you should start using PvE gear - where slope of line becomes less than 1 (currently at ~450). From the current know itemization, it will be pretty tough to get to 1800 expertise...Enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=364314

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=257

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=256

*EDIT* The formulae are:

Expertise % = 0.2 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( ExpertiseRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.72 ) )

Expertise % = 0.5 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.5 ) )^( ( ExpertiseRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.80 ) )

Edited by Nikkiree

So those who don't like to PvE aren't forced to search for rakata or craft rakata(mc) for slots in order to maximize efficiency?

Hmmm... Seems like a welcome change. TYVM for this information btw :D

Edited by BobaStyx

Thanks for the link Norian.

Thank god no more min-maxing with stupid miscellaneous PvE ****.

Still have to get the stupid crit orange gear though, sigh.

And possibly orange bracers and the belt.

Do we, though? I thought the same thing would apply to pve that does to pvp, as in you can RE The purples to be able to craft augmented ones.