1.2 Armor

Fennecs

Imperial Armor:

http://www.forcetremor.com/images/News/2012/Mar/Patch%201.2/Patch%201.2%20037.bmp

Galactic Republic:

http://www.forcetremor.com/images/News/2012/Mar/Patch%201.2/Patch%201.2%20036.bmp

I do not think Bioware's concept folk have the slightest idea what Star Wars is...that or they are just plain and simply incompetent. The Bounty Hunter, Agent, Trooper, and Jedi Knight are decent. But what about the rest? I mean, what is up with the Sith Inquisitor?! When was the Predator and Swamp Monster's bastard child in Star Wars? And I play Empire and still I feel sorry for anyone who might play a Jedi Consular or Smuggler! Consular armor is not only extremely basic and boring, but...primitive and caveman looking!

And to those thinking I am just QQing over it all, please don't get me wrong, I am very excited for many aspects of 2.1, but we should not have to say "At least they fixed the (x)" because honestly, they are making -tons- of money and are a professional company with some big titles under their belt, they should be getting it right the first time and know what they are doing all the while.

The Sith Warrior stuff might look better on a body type 2, like everything else because body type 3 is terrible. The helm is weird, but I like that shade of red.

That said, I still plan on wearing that Mandalorian looking armor you get in the 30s if I can.

Trooper armor looks beast

Operative gear looks like it took 5 minutes to design, haha kidnda like the entire class

Sith inquisitor looks like a reaper from mass effect

Rest are fine

Edited by Riggz

The hood and shoulders on the Jedi make me go wut?

The smuggler helm looks ridiculous. The inquisitor is too witchdoctory, and the sith warrior is okay minus the helmet. Everything else is decent.

Evray, please tell me what you think is attractive with the Jedi Consular armor. Not being sarcastic, I just want to try and see it from your angle. :)

Edit: Not just Evray I guess. :p

Edited by Fennecs

Evray, please tell me what you think is attractive with the Jedi Consular armor. Not being sarcastic, I just want to try and see it from your angle. :)

Edit: Not just Evray I guess. :p

I like it in that it's not over done. It might not be epic, but considering what they did for the Inquisitor....can I have the Consular for an Inquisitor...pretty please? >.<

All of those just look terrible... really terrible.

That

The sith inquisitor and Warrior look like japanese tokusatsu, and everything else is easily toppled by random orange gear sets that look much better and way more in-line with Star Wars than this random crap they're putting on the sets. Do they REALLY think we want more ugly as **** wow gear just so we have to waste 30k to remove each of the mods to put on our decent looking stuff?

These are only a few example of the new gear coming in 1.2. Remember, you are always free to mix and match the pieces. Plus, with the new crafting system, there is going to be a lot more freedom to customize your character's "look" and still have viable gear. And there will be plenty more new appearance items released in future content updates (such as the in-bound neutral (aka grey) alignment items).

I love the consular, trooper, bounty hunter and knight armors. I feel sorry for smugglers and inquisitors. Agents seem like all they got was a few orange patches added onto existing armor.

I want to know how the consular is striking that saber pose. Mine uses a ridiculous anime stance when her saber is lit.

Edited by Caelrie

i want the same look of the female jc for males hope its not some heavy robes stuff for us males again.....

like in rift my cleric is male runs around topless and just in skirt with a nice beads necklaces around his neck and with a fire ceremonial mask ....looks like a thugge from indiana jones and the temple of doom :D

Looks like someone has been playing too much WoW.. This is moving away from WoW into the more 'lets make everything as big and spiky as possible' territory.. The reason i disliked a lot of WoW stuff is because it was too big and bulky to be even a little realistic. All that **** in the way is just too much. I know its that big so people can see it easier but it looks terrible and i don't want to wear any of it

I'm voting for a cosmetic outtfit option so i can wear GOOD looking armour from early levels and not look so ridiculous.

Edited by Neopopulas

Funny thing is that there is another thread right above this talking about how awesome the new gear looks. Further proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, I think that there is an issue with the positioning of the smugglers head with the spaceship behind it in the linked picture.

The only one that looks decent is the trooper. The others are horrible. Why does the smuggler's helmet have wheels? :eek: Why did they hire H.R. Geiger to design the inquisitor armor? The agent appears to be cosplaying Scorpion from Mortal Combat. Why did they glue skis to that poor knight's arms? This armor makes my eyes bleed.

the sith warrior is okay minus the helmet and the Dragon Ball Z shoulders

Fixed.

Edited by Game-Hermit