1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

I think "Gear Dependency" is a mmo disease that was spread by mmo's like Warcraft ect. I think it is about time for PvP to become more skill involved and less "Gear Depended".

Don't blame people like OP, blame the system gamer's have grown up in.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.

Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.

Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

PvE progression = Gearing up to be able to do more challenging encounters.

PvP progression = Improving yourself to face better players.

Gear on PvP shouldn't matter. Yes, everybody loves to get new gear, and there needs to be new sets so PvE gear isn't better than PvP's gear, but the grind should be doable for everybody. That way, people can only whine about lack of class balance, and most issues would be just L2P issues.

Let them quit. I'd rather those type of people were not in the game to start with. Warzones need to be competative and not all about geeks who play 24/7 and have the best gear.

lol those type of people are the ones your wanting to play with who are competative geeking out 24/7 for the best gear. the others are the grabasses playing death match during huttball.

I think "Gear Dependency" is a mmo disease that was spread by mmo's like Warcraft ect. I think it is about time for PvP to become more skill involved and less "Gear Depended".

Don't blame people like OP, blame the system gamer's have grown up in.

yeah well, he's not to blame for not being around when pvp was for fun... But it doesn't make me any less pissed off people like 'em exist.

Ye, this Uber PvEr crybaby thing going on is a bit stupid.

/not exactly ontopic

It remembers me of another MMO where PvP accepted full premades vs randoms, so most of the time the wz were those full premade(highets endgame gear) vs randoms(most of the time fresh players with none of very little gear), and they steamrolled them, they were the best, they did utube movies, took screenshots and so on..they were the Gods of PvP.

Then, the devs changed it so that premade would only fight premade and random vs random... just guess in which mode the Uber pvpers started playing...yep, they just quit the premade and started going random with a lot of crying in the forums, because they had to much trouble fighting each other and wouldn't accept fighting equals and losing.

Just wanted to inform bioware that tons of the members of several pvp guilds on my server are quitting after the news that rated warzones will be the new valor grind, except any requirements at all. One large pvp guild also disbanded yesterday.

Now I wonder, who's idea was it that "rated" pvp, would not mean squat? All they are doing now is seperating normal warzones from rated warzones, even if they will basically be exactly the same, just that rated will give better free gear.

I will cancel sub and prolly play my month out like 80% of my pvp guild already have, but pvp just gets boring when there is nothing worth "working" for by playing organized.

High warzone rating = no rewards worth mentioning, A LOT more effort.

Low warzone rating = the same rewards as high rating, a lot LESS effort.

Endgame pvp gear worth working for = None.

Chance of getting bored from lack of worthwile "goals" pvp wise: High.

You failed with Ilum, and now you fail with this. Both had good potential.

Clickers and backpeddalers that run around playing rambo in pvp with no tactics in their head should NOT be awarded 100% as much as those who put more effort in it and play organized.

Just like hardmodes gives better rewards than story mode in pve.

Do you call yourself a PvPer? All the things that is said about the pvp in the game is rubbish...There is no PvP without ranking. Swtor has no ranking->It doesn't even have PvP yet.

Take football. Why play superbowl? Let's just do random matches with no added falvour. Forget the winners. Oh better yet, let's give the winning team a handicap ('better gear') so

next time they can win with even greater numbers. What a great sport.

At some point I can live with the bare minimum of gear grind, as long as it only takes an amount of time so that everyone (with lives, family, studies, whatever) can get there and THEN start playing for real (getting gear to learn to play a little). I mean, a PvPer alrdy has to grind to LVL50. And if you want to really understand the classes...You have to do it a total of 8 times + check all 8 mirrors each. SERIOUSLY.

PS: Been full BM for a month now (well I quit after that, no incentive to do anything without ladder after that). I Did the insane grind and you know what? Instead of whining why everybody can now be on equal ground gearwise, I'm looking forward to 1.2 so that I can win, and not worry about people like you making it about gear. I win skill vs. skill. Get your cookies elsewhere. Good job BioWare (I really mean this).

Edited by SneiK

lol those type of people are the ones your wanting to play with who are competative geeking out 24/7 for the best gear. the others are the grabasses playing death match during huttball.

Do you do this when you aren't on the internet? Do you walk down the street pointing at people and say things like, "that woman has blonde hair must be a ****"? According to you there are two types of pvpers, hardcore, everyone's else. Is that how you go through your normal day?

I'm seriously starting to think that there are a huge amount of people on the forums employed by Bioware, whose sole purpose is to embarrass, demean, or bash the hell out of anyone that criticizes or critiques this game. Either I'm spot on, or the intelligence and morality of the human species is degenerating at a faster rate than I previously thought possible..... Edited by ColdLogic

I'm seriously starting to think that there are a huge amount of people on the forums employed by Bioware, whose sole purpose is to embarrass, demean, or bash the hell out of anyone that criticizes or critiques this game. Either I'm spot on, or the intelligence and morality of the human species is degenerating at a faster rate than I previously thought possible.....

Funny I'm starting to think that there are a bunch of terrible human beings whose sole joy in life is to complain about everything and demean everyone else as "casual" or lesser than they are in order to make themselves feel special. The world would be much better off without them.

There need to be items that you need a minimum rating to purchase.

You baddies are the types of people who think trophies of any kind are bad. EVERYONE who shows up to the Olympics should get a medal for showing up. It's really not fair that people who are better and work harder get Gold while others have to settle for bronze.

So... PvP = Roflstomp fresh 50ers?

Arnt there any PvPers who enjoy the thought of fighting against people of their OWN skill and equipment, cause they like PvP, and not only login if Bioware lures with epixxx rewards?

@OP: Bye.

First off stop straw manning no one ever said anything about rolling "fresh level 50's"

Let's apply the same logic to a pve situation normal mode drops the same loot as HM/NM. I want you to seriously stop and think about this for a minute. How do you think people would react and how many people would really approve.

Let me take it a step further considering there is only warzones for pvp. Let's make it so that hardmode flash points drop the same gear as raids but only offer about 5% less in stats. Can you honestly tell me people would enjoy this ?

Prior to 1.1.5 grinding battlemaster did take some work/time and rewarded us with a slight (please not slight it hardly made any difference) stat boost. All we are asking for is something similar to this,What is the point in even trying to win if I can just afk the same stat gear easily.

I find it funny that all these 1337, hardcore, PvPers think that WZ's are actual PvP, they are a diversion at best. 1.2 is destroying what little open world PvP there is with nothing to replace it with. Ilum is a joke, I get that, Outlaws Den.....*** are they doing with OD?

I came from a game that made us play in the same zone for PvP for 4+ years, I'm not settling for 4 WZ's that don't require a brain to participate. I want open world PvP where tactics, movement, and the element of surprise allow a tight knit smaller group dominate a larger group, not through OP classes or superior gear, but through afore mentioned tactics and movement. As it is now looks as though my guild will look somewhere else, its a shame too, ToR is a fun game.

When I played rated BGs / arenas in WoW, I was particularly pleased with the gear changes in Cataclysm. The top-tier PvPers got a full suit of 2200-rated armor with no differences from the lower-tiered gear except for a visual one; yet we still bought, gemmed and enchanted it when we were high enough to purchase it. To be fair, we did get an upgraded weapon for being 2200+.

Still, I favor a system where the highest tier of players are rewarded with a suit of armor whose sole benefit is an aesthetic one -- in order for competitive PvP to shine, I and everyone else in my dedicated PvP guild believe that all PvPers need to be on an even playing field in terms of gear.

The difference in skill between lower ranked and higher ranked players is already staggering: do top-tiered players really need a gear gap? I say no.

Edited by Aradaine

There need to be items that you need a minimum rating to purchase.

You baddies are the types of people who think trophies of any kind are bad. EVERYONE who shows up to the Olympics should get a medal for showing up. It's really not fair that people who are better and work harder get Gold while others have to settle for bronze.

Horrible analogy.

Win a medal, get into the record books! That information is forever and open to the public.

No record books here. No where to go and look up performance to date.

Gear is not a measure of anything. This is some strange fallacy perpetrated on the weak minded. How many kills do you have? How many goals or assists in stupid-ball have you had? How much have you healed?

Metrics let you separate yourself from others. There is no PVP without it. Accept this fact and rejoice.