Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

Doominater

That's Lord Scourge. Pseudo-celebrity and former companion of Revan. But yes, I agree with your assessment! lol Btw, awesome sig! :D Firefly FTW!

Yeah I was completely drawing a blank on his name when posting that lol. For a long time I thought Praven was going to be a companion. Then I got stuck with Scourge who bores me silly :mad: But I didn't read the book and now after playing the game a few months probably won't.

And Firefly always wins :cool:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did not read all of this, but i just wanted to say that i find the idea of heaving a sith pureblood as a jedi knight really strange and even more strange as a consular.

and other things are a bit strange as well, but not strange enough for me to write down :o

To anyone saying they're being punished for having leveled a human character:

In doing so you unlocked ALL combinations.

You'll be able to pick any tattoos, which were previously exclusive to class (which Inquisitors don't get without this at all, by the way) as well as scars (which again, Inquisitors don't otherwise have).

Same goes for Zabrak. Now you can have red skinned Zabrak with sharp horns in the Republic, and the dull brown with dull horns in the Empire.

Some kind of individual cases maybe.Some sith pureblood turned to the light/became jedi and forgot what the jedi and the republic did in the Great Hyperspace war.ok 1 in a million,it is possible.

But being a playable class/race combination is different and kinda wrong.Imagine coming to Tython with that little ship and every1 greets you ,'' oh hi padawn,the flesh eaters are atacking us,pls help us please''and you being a red Sith.Realy?Srsly?

You're greeted on Tython by council members and your future masters. ie The exact people who would be most understanding of odd species popping up. And the majority of the rank and file have never even seen a Pureblood before. They might not even know what one is. And as several different questlines show, the Jedi Council usually believes anyone willing to make the effort is worth consideration.

So yes, seriously.

Also,how can a Miraluka be a non force user?

Every other class and race combination is ok .But these 2...

And now it's my turn. Seriously? You don't understand how that's possible? Ok, look, Miraluka can see. Ok? They. Can. See. Sure, they use the Force to see, which means every single member of their species is Force Sensitive. Being Force Sensitive is not, I repeat is not the same thing as being a trained Force User. Just because you are Force Sensitive it does not mean you are automatically a Jedi or Sith, or any other trained user.

Otherwise the entire Miralukan population would be Jedi, and then we'd have millions and millions of Jedi, if not billions, instead of the few thousand there are supposed to be. Instead, the vast majority of the 100% Force Sensitive Miraluka population belong to professions that have absolutely nothing to do with the Force.

The Jedi do not automatically kidnap every Force Sensitive person and make them train. They leave that choice up to the person or parent. If that person/parent says no, that person never gets trained, and goes on to be a Force Sensitive anything else.

The Sith do kidnap every Force Sensitive they find on their worlds to send to Korriban, but it's made clear several times they don't always succeed. One of the Imperial Agent's companions is Force Sensitive, and is not a Force User. Same for the Smuggler. Though that one did get training, he flunked out. There's even a quest on Tython where the LS decision causes a guy who was training to be a Jedi to flunk out, and never become a Jedi. Despite being Force Sensitive.

If it bothers you so much, just choose a Force Power as your Heroic Moment unlock for a non-Force Using class Miraluka. Or, you know, don't play them.

Edited by CelticMutt

Sith Purebloods are one of the backbones of Sith Empire society.They personally want revenge againts the republic for destroying their ancient empire and 98%(?) of their race.How can you be ok with a Sith Pureblood jedi knight of the republic.The whole thing screams - IMPOSSIBLE,but it will be, simply because of the legacy mechanic.

I perfectly well know that Miraluka are not blind and can see,i also know how they can see.They are a mystical race.Everyone is very force sensitive.Being a force sensitive and a powerful at that does not make you automatically a part of the jedi order.Jedi order is mostly about adhering to an ideal.There are many powerful force users that are not part of neither the sith nor jedi.

I am not saying every Miraluka should be part of the Sith or Jedi order,but i can't imagine any miraluka lowering herself to being a smuggler.Not only it is ridiculous,but a force sensitive miraluka,does not need to be a trooper or smuggler.They can be more successful as a force user.

What makes you think Miraluka that are not jedi are not trained in the force?This would be kinda dumb,given the fact their whole race is force sensitive.in fact i imagine there is a school subject for them entirely dedicated to force using.Being trained to use the force,does not mean you are jedi or any organisation for that matter.Some of them simply chose to be part of that order.

With Force sensitivity comes a world view that kinda excludes life career as a smuggler or bounty hunter ,in my humble opinion.

Edited by Kaedusz

Sith Purebloods are one of the backbones of Sith Empire society.They personally want revenge againts the republic for destroying their ancient empire and 98%(?) of their race.How can you be ok with a Sith Pureblood jedi knight of the republic.The whole thing screams - IMPOSSIBLE,but it will be, simply because of the legacy mechanic.

I perfectly well know that Miraluka are not blind and can see,i also know how they can see.They are a mystical race.Everyone is very force sensitive.Being a force sensitive and a powerful at that does not make you automatically a part of the jedi order.Jedi order is mostly about adhering to an ideal.There are many powerful force users that are not part of neither the sith nor jedi.

I am not saying every Miraluka should be part of the Sith or Jedi order,but i can't imagine any miraluka lowering herself to being a smuggler.Not only it is ridiculous,but a force sensitive miraluka,does not need to be a trooper or smuggler.They can be more successful as a force user.

What makes you think Miraluka that are not jedi are not trained in the force?This would be kinda dumb,given the fact their whole race is force sensitive.in fact i imagine there is a school subject for them entirely dedicated to force using.Being trained to use the force,does not mean you are jedi or any organisation for that matter.Some of them simply chose to be part of that order.

With Force sensitivity comes a world view that kinda excludes life career as a smuggler or bounty hunter ,in my humble opinion.

Just for that, I'm CREATING A PUREBLOOD TROOPER, Pureblood Smuggler, Pureblood Jedi, and Miraluka Agent named Murdoch! :p

I'm ok with Pureblood non-Sith because it makes sense. I've explained why. Lost colonies, turn-coats, kidnapped babies, social experiments, whatever.

And Miraluka are not lowering themselves when becoming non-Force Users. They are doing what every normal person does - getting a job! Being a Jedi or Sith is not the be-all end-all goal of everyone. Including Force Sensitive people. Plus non-Force Using Miraluka is canon. And again, as I've already stated, there are several characters IN-GAME that are Force Sensitive that are not Force Users. And don't want to be Force Users. Being Force Sensitive does not automatically change your world view.

Hell, Mara Jade was an Imperial Agent with a few Force tricks until Luke convinced her to train. The main character in TIE Fighter is a Force Sensitive pilot that never undergoes training. Miralukan society could not function if every member of their species had the same attitude as you, because none of them would ever work in any sort of job.

I'm ok with Pureblood non-Sith because it makes sense. I've explained why. Lost colonies, turn-coats, kidnapped babies, social experiments, whatever.

And Miraluka are not lowering themselves when becoming non-Force Users. They are doing what every normal person does - getting a job! Being a Jedi or Sith is not the be-all end-all goal of everyone. Including Force Sensitive people. Plus non-Force Using Miraluka is canon. And again, as I've already stated, there are several characters IN-GAME that are Force Sensitive that are not Force Users. And don't want to be Force Users. Being Force Sensitive does not automatically change your world view.

Hell, Mara Jade was an Imperial Agent with a few Force tricks until Luke convinced her to train. The main character in TIE Fighter is a Force Sensitive pilot that never undergoes training. Miralukan society could not function if every member of their species had the same attitude as you, because none of them would ever work in any sort of job.

If you're referring to Keyan Farlander, that was X-Wing. I can't remember the TIE Fighter main character being Force sensitive. :/

If you're referring to Keyan Farlander, that was X-Wing. I can't remember the TIE Fighter main character being Force sensitive. :/

The TIE Fighter guy gets the opportunity to join the Emporer's Hand if you do well enough in missions. I *think* only Force Sensitives were allowed in Palpatine's Hand.

edit: Yeah, he was definitely Force Sensitive:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_TIE_Fighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele

sidenote: GoG or Steam needs to get the full series dammit. :mad:

Edited by CelticMutt

The TIE Fighter guy gets the opportunity to join the Emporer's Hand if you do well enough in missions. I *think* only Force Sensitives were allowed in Palpatine's Hand.

edit: Yeah, he was definitely Force Sensitive:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_TIE_Fighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Maarek_Stele

sidenote: GoG or Steam needs to get the full series dammit. :mad:

Ah, ok. That makes sense, then. It was never explained very well in the game or the strategy guide/novel. But hey, we got to fly for Thrawn! That was epic. :D

okay i didn't really get to read through the entire thread as i am a little busy right now, so forgive me if anyone else have said this.

But for a fine reason, go classic star wars.

Scenario:

A strong Jedi is invading the compound of a sith pureblood for whatever reason, probably something jedish, and finds this nursery, In there is a young sith baby, only a few years old at the max, Wanting to save this child from a life in the empire the Jedi grabs him and heads off in order to bring him to a safe upbringing in the jedi order.

This will also allow to place a question mark of the Jedi's morality as he technically abducted a child, and allows for a nice set up of the "I am your father!" kind :p

I just wished they kept some things the way they should be like Chiss being Imperial only and Miraluka Force Using only. Cause the Chiss Ascendancy have a Treaty with the Empire so why then would some start working with the Republic without Imperial consequences or Miraluka who see THROUGH the Force now being Non-Force Users. I mean they could say that they have Neuro Implants or something but how are they explaining Republic Chiss.

Like every thing else in the world there are always exceptions? A few Chiss end up in Republic planet storylines as defectors so what would be the difference if one decided to be a Republic Trooper? I don't understand why this is such a big topic anyone can amount to great good or great evil in the real world we see it every day and we see people who are typically given bad names or good names do the opposite so why would this game be any different? And just because someone plays a Sith Pureblood on the Republic side doesn't mean that they can't enjoy the dark side any longer. I know plenty of Jedi players on my server who are dark, and neutral but not necessarily light side. This game is based on your choices and they want to make that apparent not only with your story, but your family, and characters so enjoy what they are doing.

Edited by ESTistheGAME

I think she paid for a class-change to Smuggler (AC:Scoundrel) before Luke convinced her to train, tho ;) She quit being an IA around the time Palpatine mind-screamed at her "YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER!"

Sith Pureblood as Jedi... Miraluka as Smugglers... NONE of this is lore-breaking.

What the 'lore-breaking!' people are forgetting is that every Player Character is exceptional. They're an exception! The 'normal rules' don't apply to our characters... we can play Dark Jedi who's still loyal to the Republic and not hell-bent on dominating the Republic/galaxy, for instance. We can make lots of choices for our characters, choices that are outside the 'norm' for our character archetypes. Our stories (well, maybe not Smuggler, at least as of level 19--haven't played beyond that) tell us we're Special Snowflakes, the most gifted example of our class to come along in years. It shouldn't matter what species we choose... and really, you need to combine every example of a class (perhaps even AC) is really just part of ONE character, storywise.

Mira'luka homeworld of Katarr was destroyed by Darth Nihilus.

Over 300 years ago.

Got it?

That means they are few and they don't have an obligation to be Fuc..eh..Force user %100.

SAme goes with the purebloods. They are few, they are generally haters that hate....

Go read Drizzt Do'Urden adventures. He too was a drow, not an automatic case of maniac in spite of that.

Stop. ************. If you had a shred of knowledge of SWEU, you'd know nearly ANYTHING is plausible within the universe. ANYTHING.

For god's sake, they can pull out Yuuzhan Vong Jedi's in an far-off expansion BECAUSE even though the entire race is dead to the Force, Jedi discovered a method that simply awakened them. Period.

Anything goes within SW.

This is not some Blizz-whatever fictioned lore that has only, what, 15 years of background.

SW has dozens of books, games, tabletop games and rulesets, 5 different time sets, thousands upon thousands of cultures and simply known as "The IP."

'Nuff Said.

there is no way IN HELL,EVER,EVER that a pureplood can be part of the republic and a jedi at that.

Why is it that there is no way a Sith pureblood can be a jedi? even those considered the most pure on the republic side can fall to darkness, why is it that darkness cant be shown to light?

the lore of the Sith race is that they are Battle hungry warriors, i get that... but there are black sheep in every race....

Mira'luka homeworld of Katarr was destroyed by Darth Nihilus.

Over 300 years ago.

Got it?

That means they are few and they don't have an obligation to be Fuc..eh..Force user %100.

SAme goes with the purebloods. They are few, they are generally haters that hate....

Go read Drizzt Do'Urden adventures. He too was a drow, not an automatic case of maniac in spite of that.

Stop. ************. If you had a shred of knowledge of SWEU, you'd know nearly ANYTHING is plausible within the universe. ANYTHING.

For god's sake, they can pull out Yuuzhan Vong Jedi's in an far-off expansion BECAUSE even though the entire race is dead to the Force, Jedi discovered a method that simply awakened them. Period.

Anything goes within SW.

This is not some Blizz-whatever fictioned lore that has only, what, 15 years of background.

SW has dozens of books, games, tabletop games and rulesets, 5 different time sets, thousands upon thousands of cultures and simply known as "The IP."

'Nuff Said.

^

This guy wins the thread.

I will be making a Jedi Sith Pureblood that uses a red lightsaber!

I'm not one who really is bothered about the whole purebloods becoming Jedi, but I have to ask...isn't a dark side Jedi Sith Pureblood virtually the same as a regular Sith Pureblood working for the Empire?

Maybe for immersion / role-play purposes, only his political stance has changed (Empire to Republic) rather than his Force alignment.

Although, why would he be a Jedi? Hmm, could be that he was sent to infiltrate the Order to bring it down from within.

Oh, the possibilities...

isn't a dark side Jedi Sith Pureblood virtually the same as a regular Sith Pureblood working for the Empire?

No, because the Empire is not exclusively dark or PB sith. The Republic isn't exclusively light.

A Sith pureblood could view the republic as the better option on gaining personal power, because there is in theory fewer limits on how high you can rise in the Republic. In the Empire the top end is pretty well established.

It's really no different then having a human light side Sith Warrior, who views the Empire as the best form of government and does his part to keep it strong, but does so by following a light side code. There's even a case on Kass of a Sith Lord who fills you in on the concept that the Dark Side leads to destruction and there is a different path you can take.