Legacy Race Unlock Concerns

Doominater

Hey Guys,

I am very concerned about some aspects of the upcoming race unlock options through the legacy system. If I understand this correctly if I have a level 50 Sith Pureblood, and I then make a Jedi I have the option for my Jedi to be a Sith Pureblood?

I am ok with many of the lore exceptions that Bioware has made (at one point they were not going to allow inquisitors to be Sith Pureblood because of the way that story starts), but I feel like all immersion will be completely and totally lost if there are a bunch of Sith Pureblood Jedi running around. I hope that I have misunderstood and that race unlocks are only for the Faction you unlocked it on as even though Sith Pureblood Agents would be a stretch it seems a much better alternative to having this warring species that despises Jedi to be a peace loving Jedi.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(at one point they were not going to allow inquisitors to be Sith Pureblood because of the way that story starts)

To adress this point. Purebloods have a slave caste so it was entirely possible. I don't know why they would say otherwise. And I really dont think there's going to be that many SP jedi running around at level 50 because most people would have to have an empire main anyway.

No, they are talking about races that you haven't been able to choose overall. And that would be crazy. You won't be running around as a Chiss smuggler, that would be crazy. So like for the Jedi side they MIGHT(Possibly) have the yoda race pick-able but I highly doubt it.

AFAIK, what Dev said in Summit is that once you reach lvl 50 with any race, then that race is unlock for ALL class.

As for the Immersion, I dunno, I mean standing in middle of fleet I see about 30 inquisitors trailed by 30 identical Khem mixed in with dozen BH with Mako. If I see pack of Miraluka BH running by, somehow that isn't gonna be the camel that breaks my straw's back.

Now if I see 30 SPACE PANDA MONK running by, then okay maybe just a little.

No, they are talking about races that you haven't been able to choose overall. And that would be crazy. You won't be running around as a Chiss smuggler, that would be crazy. So like for the Jedi side they MIGHT(Possibly) have the yoda race pick-able but I highly doubt it.

Um...did you see the 1.2 trailer or read any of the Guild Summit highlights?

Actually they were talking about the pre-existing races. They showed a Pureblood Jedi and a Chiss Smuggler as examples.

It's really stupidly unfair that people that get to 50 on a human or zabrak char will get no unlock, will have to actually pay in game credits to unlock other races.

Way to punish us for choices we made months ago when we were unaware of the consequences.

It's really stupidly unfair that people that get to 50 on a human or zabrak char will get no unlock, will have to actually pay in game credits to unlock other races.

Way to punish us for choices we made months ago when we were unaware of the consequences.

+1

/5char

AFAIK, what Dev said in Summit is that once you reach lvl 50 with any race, then that race is unlock for ALL class.

As for the Immersion, I dunno, I mean standing in middle of fleet I see about 30 inquisitors trailed by 30 identical Khem mixed in with dozen BH with Mako. If I see pack of Miraluka BH running by, somehow that isn't gonna be the camel that breaks my straw's back.

Now if I see 30 SPACE PANDA MONK running by, then okay maybe just a little.

Yeah I know what you mean about all the identical companions and guess the race thing really isn't that big of a deal, just wondering what people thought about it.

The last part made me laugh, and I would have to agree with you on that.

did you know that you could make a light-sided sith pureblood? amazing, I know! now, is it hard to imagine that a person would defect because of political differences?

also, true story, my sith inq has himself a nice little jedi girlfriend... so um... how's that any different than a pureblood on your republic? sounds like a bit of racism to me... the empire welcomes all you jedi races with open arms!! but I guess that's cause we're the good guys in this story... right?

T I really dont think there's going to be that many SP jedi running around at level 50 because most people would have to have an empire main anyway.

That is also a good point as I would have to agree that after having 50's on one side you may not want to roll the other although this game provides more of a reason to do so than other MMO's because of the different story perspectives.

Um, Zabrak don't normally get to play as Imperial Agents or Jedi Knights, IIRC. As for Humans, oh well. At least you're not totally locked out of the option.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I was hoping that since I was on the Empire side, with the Empire Zabrak reddish skin and pointy horns, I'd be able to make a Jedi Knight Zabrak with red skin, but I guess that isn't happening D: .

Except for the bonus to presence that human will unlock. Way to post poorly researched fear mongering.

I was hoping that since I was on the Empire side, with the Empire Zabrak reddish skin and pointy horns, I'd be able to make a Jedi Knight Zabrak with red skin, but I guess that isn't happening D: .

Actually, this is exactly what's happening. Twi'lek and Zabrak unlocks all of the color/tattoo/decoration options from both factions. For Cyborgs, it unlocks all the different implant options (did you know that each class has different choices?).

Edit: This site has a pretty comprehensive list of what's in 1.2 (notes from the guild summit)

Edited by kisharrr

Actually, this is exactly what's happening. Twi'lek and Zabrak unlocks all of the color/tattoo/decoration options from both factions. For Cyborgs, it unlocks all the different implant options (did you know that each class has different choices?).

Thank you for clearing this up. Props to Bioware for doing this.

Hey Guys,

I am very concerned about some aspects of the upcoming race unlock options through the legacy system. If I understand this correctly if I have a level 50 Sith Pureblood, and I then make a Jedi I have the option for my Jedi to be a Sith Pureblood?

I am ok with many of the lore exceptions that Bioware has made (at one point they were not going to allow inquisitors to be Sith Pureblood because of the way that story starts), but I feel like all immersion will be completely and totally lost if there are a bunch of Sith Pureblood Jedi running around. I hope that I have misunderstood and that race unlocks are only for the Faction you unlocked it on as even though Sith Pureblood Agents would be a stretch it seems a much better alternative to having this warring species that despises Jedi to be a peace loving Jedi.

There are cases of Sith Purebloods defecting, not to mention the Jedi pretty much accept anyone willing to try.

Such as the Force Sensitive Flesh Raider

Hey Guys,

How is it immersion breaking? Just as jedi fall to the dark, there are those who are also redeemed. Or simply cause you were born with the markings doesn't mean you were raised in the sith order. One could make up any excuse really, it's not set in stone...in fact

In the jedi knight storyline, you can actually redeem a pureblood sith and convince him to turn to the lightside.

It isn't immersion breaking at all.

Um, Zabrak don't normally get to play as Imperial Agents or Jedi Knights, IIRC. As for Humans, oh well. At least you're not totally locked out of the option.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Zabrak get to play as both IA and JK. Although currently IA are restricted to red/black Zabrak and the JK Zabrak have more human-like skin tones.